( search forums )
Scoring system improvement
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Novichok
September 6, 2004, 9:02 pm
I think that the scoring system should be kills-deaths=rank for the soldat. If X has 10 kills and 10 deaths and Y has 9 kills and 0 deaths, the rank would be: X>Y, in my opinion, it should be Y/X. Reward the skill, not the carnage.

MisterX
September 6, 2004, 9:18 pm
I agree. So you'd even have a chance to be in the top3 if you've joined in the last 5 minutes of a round that lasted 30 minutes. That's a good idea.

Jaz
September 6, 2004, 9:25 pm
I don't like it, some people are more adventurous if you catch my drift. Fly into a battle when some people might stay back and defend, they would be much more likely to win every time.

peemonkey
September 6, 2004, 9:59 pm
dont like it

Arsenic
September 6, 2004, 10:38 pm
Just another thing to encourage camping. I also don't like it.

The Geologist
September 6, 2004, 11:03 pm
Exactly! Some camper that stays away from the battle and picks people off from a distance gets 10 kills and 0 deaths, while someone who is actually going into conflict and DEALING with other players gets marked down because he dies in battle. Definately don't like this idea, not to mention the fact that it has been discussed previously.

Edit: Your avatar is damn annoying Novichok. You're going to give someone a seisure. [;)]

BManx2000
September 7, 2004, 3:27 am
I agree, the avatar is CRAP IN A CAN.

papasurf31
September 7, 2004, 2:05 pm
Mathematically speaking, that idea is crap. 11 kill/0 deaths would beat out 30 kills/3 deaths. Too much camper encouragement. And that avatar. Holy Shi-

/wiggles uncontrollably on the floor.

BManx2000
September 7, 2004, 2:47 pm
1 kill/0 deaths = INFINITY???

Drama
September 7, 2004, 3:11 pm
if (!$deaths)

SERIAL KILLeR
September 7, 2004, 4:15 pm
it isnt "Kills/Deaths" it's "Kills-Deaths"

quote:Originally posted by morpheus
very simple: make a kill, get a point, get killed, lose a point.

Already has been suggested as a game mode:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=13852

palloco
September 7, 2004, 5:18 pm
You barretard!
If any change is made it should be kills+deaths+25*caps=points. You need skills to die

The Death Master-> Nobody will ever die as fast as I do

Weed
September 7, 2004, 5:21 pm
let me explain his idea
he wants campers, his race, (who are normaly not killed coz they hide like rats) to be in first place with their lame 3 kills per round.

Novichok
September 9, 2004, 11:48 pm
OMG. Typical novices. First you make fun of my avatar. "I only picked it because it was the only image I had handy which would fit for my first post. Yes I do plan on changing it, and by the way, only if you have some gene deffect in your brain would you have a seizure from it. In any case, I am a hero for trying to kill out the weaker humans for the benefit of evolution." Then, without ever playing me, you idiots who judged me without knowing even who I am or my skill level, which is irrelevent to a good idea, claim I am a Barretard/am a camper. This just shows how you intermediate fools are so eager to create a conflict just to make yourself look good. And it really is sad for the community.

Back to the topic. 1) deaths-kills=score would not promote camping or be unfair in any way. You guys must have not dont too much math in school because it has been stated that *you could win by joining late in the game *you could hide and just get kills and not deaths *or that 11 kill/0 deaths would beat out 30 kills/3 deaths. *ETC, All of these statements are so wrong it disgusts me.

No, i dont camp, i dont care if someone camps are not, i dont use the barret often, i dont complain about barrets unless everyone but me is using them and no one has changed their weapon in a while and all i usually say is "hey guys, try some other weapons im bored". There are no rules to soldat, any of you anti barret, anti camping weasles who claim to have skill, you really must not be at my skill level for that to affect your performance. This is a war game, guess what, people actually camp and use sniper rifles that are "unbalance/unfair" in real life. Surprise, I know you wet your diper but get over it and kill them. Its actually harder to camp because you cant avoid being fired at. Do you think Michal put bushes and trees and rocks etc just to be looked at? Of coarse not, they are so you can hide behind them too. If you dont like the game, make a mod and play by yourself.

-sorry for the non-idiots out there. I just have just been waiting to say this for a while.

palloco
September 10, 2004, 5:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Novichok
You guys must have not dont too much math in school

You guy must have not dont too much english in school. Go to first course of school and then you can give your oppinion.

The Geologist
September 10, 2004, 6:00 pm
You assume too much. Palloco called you a barrettard, and well...what he says doesn't matter much anyway [;)]...no one commented on your skill. Don't go getting your panties in a bunch, okay? I didn't make fun of your avatar..yet..I just commented on how f*cking annoying it is. If you're a good player, you should have no problem using this system and getting a good score with few deaths and many kills...but camping would be encouraged with this system, regardless. And sitting in a bush popping off barrett shots takes less skill than running into battle and actually dealing with your enemies. Certain modes of the game even lend themselves to more deaths...inf, for example, requires that you either defend or capture the objective. Is some guy on blue who sits in the bush/base and camps better than some guy on red who has to work his way into the base and kill people as he goes, and then run the flag back across the map? Not in my opinion. It's not that hard to read/interpret what you said...kills-deaths=score. If there was any discrepency about the nature of your post, it was in part because you made an error in stating that the system should be Y/X. This means Y divided by X, Y over X...not Y is greater than X.

And F.Y.I? You're brand new here, it seems...people don't assume everyone who is brand new to this forum is a skilled player. That's what earning a rep is all about, because I sure as hell don't know you. Novel idea, but don't get so defensive and start calling names. Just because some people on here resort to those pathetic means doesn't mean you have to as well...not a good way to start out your forum life.

Deleted User
September 11, 2004, 8:09 am

You guys must have not dont too much math in school

its soldat, not [:-censored]ing calculus.

brickman
September 11, 2004, 6:42 pm
This topic is degenerating into a horrible mess fast, and thats a shame since there was a fairly good idea here. Although it would change existing modes too much, this would be a good idea for an extra mode, just like pointmatch was (efficiency match?).
Also would be good for teammatch, since every time you die you just gave the WHOLE other team a point (thus, a person who had 20 kills and 25 deaths shouldn't be the mvp cuz he lost his team more points than he earned them, instead the 10 kill 1 die person should). In a dm, there's 10 or sopeople to allocate those points to, so a 1/1 ratio will get you far if you have good volume, but in tm there's only 1-3 other teams so they are going to excel from it.
And unlike geologist, I think that it is NEEDED in ctf/inf because currently the offense people are the only ones who even have a chance of getting the top of the list, getting their points in chunks of 25 while defenders who are just as vital to the team get them one at a time. There wouldn't be any more people who recklessly charge past the enemies in hopes of being the guy who reaches the flag first. People would be more likely to set up an actual DEFENSE in public games, instead of hoping that each attacker happens to run into one of yours who is running the way and get capped.[xx(]

But in dm, pm and rm it shouldn't be forced. Or everyone will go [:-weepn].

[:D]IDEA! Make it a serverside option for all games!

The Geologist
September 11, 2004, 7:48 pm
There's only so much space in the menu...you wanna rearrange and fit in all these server side options that are popping up? As for all these "reckless" people charging the flag in a ctf/inf match...what do you think the point is, to sit around and shoot each other all day? Running the flag is the name of the game in those modes.

karmazonpl
September 11, 2004, 8:16 pm
Novichok said that he said that because he was pissed at palloco calling him barretard :D even though palloco was joking, which I explained to him, he still thinks that his right, and it doesn't matter wheter you go into the battle or camp, because you need equal skills to do that(well I assumed that from our conversation)

palloco
September 11, 2004, 9:45 pm
No, I was not joking. You know my way of defining barretard: Someone who tries to avoid deaths at all costs. And dying is really important in soldat. Someone who had died 90 times and killed 10 has done much more for his team than a guy with 5 deaths and 20 kills, because the enemy was constantly busy with the suicide. I would rather have as a teamie someone who will receive a barret shot avoiding that I die while carrying flag, than aother guy fighting no matter how. The suicide had allowed me to score, he is a hero!

brickman
September 12, 2004, 7:36 pm
When I say reckless I mean as opposed to going in as a team, with a group of 3-5 people AT THE SAME TIME and SOME KIND OF PLAN. Instead of just rushing as fast as you can to the other end of the map the second you spawn and charging by yourself into the base, hoping the bullets miss from the 3 or 4 defenders who are all there at the same time. Even without a strategy going in, its so much easier to pick off 10 people one at a time with reload time and medkits in between then 4 guys at once all spraying at once. And its so easy to go as a group, you don't even need to use chat. Just follow.

The defense, under current rules, will NEVER get recognition for their skills, no matter how good they are or how many caps they singlehandedly stop.
And in case you didn't notice, during an attack the life of an attacker is worth more than that of a defender because the def team will respawn where they are needed instead of across the map. So suiciding to take out just one defenderis silly.

oh, and barret bullets go through your buddy, so he can't take the bullet for you. The way you protect the flagrunner is by either waiting in the way of chasers and blowing them up (or even random grenades to slow 'em down) or laying cover fire. You don't take hits for them, thats not possible.

Alamo
September 12, 2004, 8:26 pm
I wanna join in the game but I can't cuz you write so sophisticated :( I don't like the idea, because Barretards naturally don't die often... (no discussion now)

palloco
September 13, 2004, 9:04 am
"You don't take hits for them, thats not possible."
I had done it more times than you had ever killed. Bullets lose power after crossing a body.

brickman
September 14, 2004, 1:52 am
So taking an instant death so that when the bullet inevitably hits him it only does 90% is an effective use of your life? Is that what you're saying?

And has anyone ever actually tried to rack up a high kill count on defense? The score's 3-3 by the time you get the equivalent of 1 cap often. Actually, it always seems like I have more kills than it says simply because sometimes it says a number thats impossibly low, the equivalent of getting 5 kills on a zombie server using the m79.

palloco
September 14, 2004, 5:15 pm
" Actually, it always seems like I have more kills than it says simply because sometimes it says a number thats impossibly low, the equivalent of getting 5 kills on a zombie server using the m79."

LOL

"So taking an instant death so that when the bullet inevitably hits him it only does 90% is an effective use of your life? Is that what you're saying?"

LOL 90%

LazehBoi
September 14, 2004, 5:37 pm
Who cares about scores, skill is all that matters, not kills/captures. If kills mattered, you would see barretards going around saying "i'm so great because I camped and didn't die and killed people lalalalala". If capture scores mattered you would see minigun speeders everywhere saying "I'm teh best because I didn't kill anyone I just used an advantage everyone hates and stuff so I pwn j00 all"

It's skill that matters, if somebody won a game because they used something improperly *cough* they will think they won, but they just lose in two different ways.

I am a hero for trying to kill out the weaker humans for the benefit of evolution.

people actually camp and use sniper rifles that are "unbalance/unfair" in real life. Surprise, I know you wet your diper but get over it and kill them.

1. There is no benefit from you killing people.
2. I'm believing this is sarcasm but that is going too far.
3. Nazi.

People can find it unfair that barrett wielding people have become as good as them, the players who have been playing since the beginning of Soldat, and I frankly find it unfair too, I tried using the barret at some point, and I thought "Why exactly does this game need a sniper rifle?" I quickly answered it with: "Because people want to get good quickly, with an unfair advantage over others." Sounds like a hack, no? This idea would only make it worse, and too many people are thinking: "Make this suggestion a side server option!" If all of them became that, no server would be the same, and I would personally quit Soldat if this "weapons editor" came out with them.

Then, without ever playing me, you idiots who judged me without knowing even who I am or my skill level, which is irrelevent to a good idea, claim I am a Barretard/am a camper.

There are no rules to soldat, any of you anti barret, anti camping weasles who claim to have skill, you really must not be at my skill level for that to affect your performance.

"Then, without ever playing me, you judged me without knowing even who I am or my skill level." Funny that.

DT
September 16, 2004, 9:07 pm
some times skills arn't enough... so thats when i gota take out the ravioli

Dathker
September 17, 2004, 1:14 am
the scoreing system works by points and deaths not kills and deaths you noob.. read the top some times