( search forums )
Map Usage
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Noobile
September 7, 2004, 9:09 pm
I know very well that this has been suggested before, But I thought I'd felt it necessary to begin a new discussion about it.

As the subject states, this topic is about map usage, server side at least. I feel that there should be more "offical" maps available for our enjoyment. I play infiltration maps alot, and sadly, there are only four maps that come with soldat. There are an entire slew of them avilable for download, but there are very few(if any...now that I think about it) servers that use them, I've run my own before, but it seems that nobody has them, and bots are either impossible(aimbot) or a joke(booger man), personally, I prefer to play soldat with other people, they tend to surprise me (or irritate me, depending)and keep the game interesting. Has Michal made any statements dealing with this issue, or has he been silent, as per usual.

Wich brings me to another idea. How about a petition, one wich after gathering, say 50-75 "signatures" ( or replys in this case) sending it off to Michal for his approval/doing somthing about. So here goes...(just reply with a "signature" as shown below)

We the undersigned, hereby petition you to create/relase new offical maps for use with soldat. While the previous ones are al well, and good, we would like somthig new, yet, somthing offical, that we all may use. Thank you

-Noobile

EDIT...
only 43 more to go..

Elephant_Hunter
September 7, 2004, 9:54 pm
You have my vote. I know that Michal says he'll make all the official maps, but personally I think we'd be better off with some more creativity.

peemonkey
September 7, 2004, 9:58 pm
i like mike's style. it's more soldat :D

Elephant_Hunter
September 7, 2004, 10:03 pm
Dont get me wrong, I like Mike's style too. He's da bomb.

papasurf31
September 7, 2004, 10:41 pm
/signed: Papasurf31

SERIAL KILLeR
September 7, 2004, 11:11 pm
/signs

LazehBoi
September 8, 2004, 2:44 am
/signs "Hugh Jass"

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 8, 2004, 2:49 am
/signed, and no one better suggests something about a competition to send maps to michal.

Jap_man
September 8, 2004, 1:31 pm
/signs "with you all the way noobile"

Deleted User
September 8, 2004, 2:36 pm
...oh my god.

Don't petition, you silly people. Ask people to make more maps, in Michals style, and send him them. He may well add them to the new version. I did that, and there will probably be another DM map in the next version [;)]

DT
September 8, 2004, 4:03 pm
I think thier should be a map where bombs come down on you in a while... that would be cool... standing thier one sec about to kill the helpless enemy the BAM! a bomb drops on him and you don't get the kill...

Sam
September 8, 2004, 4:18 pm
he should release a new patch, or update with a load of new maps, that way most people will download it, but in the meantime...

/signed Sam

Noobile
September 8, 2004, 10:37 pm
Nobody makes maps like michal does, his just seem more...put-together, and thought out, Not that I am in any way ripping on the maps that the people have relased ( most of them any way....) but yeah, people can make maps in michal's style but they arent michal's, nor are they packaged with the download, this was just a hope at somthing with a little more replay value, for the next relase

P.S. 40 to go....

EDIT: 38ish

BManx2000
September 8, 2004, 10:46 pm
Teh sign.

SigHunter
September 9, 2004, 12:25 am
/sign :>