( search forums )
Weapon ideas for a Bounty Hunters mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
MisterX
September 7, 2004, 10:16 pm
I just thought about making an own mod. But it shouldn't be one like the others. There are already enough persons who are making firearms of World War 2, modern weapons, or laserrifles of the future. At first I thought about making a Western mod. I would like it, but the problem is: Except a Gatling Gun there weren't any automatic guns (, were there?). But I think I'm going to make a Bounty Hunter mod. My ideas would be: You don't fight with a high-tec sniperrifle, but with a (probably modified) hunting rifle. And you don't have the newest, most quiet, and deadliest pistol, but an old (again probably modified) revolver. And except a combat knife you have a hunting knife, a handaxe, or if Urhos allows a boomerang. I think you understand what kind of weapons I mean. But now I've got a problem: The weapon ideas mentioned above are the only ones I have so far. So I need you. Do you have any ideas of weapons that you would like to see in such a mod, or that would just fit into it? If you do so, please tell me.
Thanks.

papasurf31
September 7, 2004, 10:47 pm
crossbows, side-by-sides, bolt-actions, pepperboxes, and maybe drum loaders (tommy gun?)

MisterX
September 8, 2004, 12:47 pm
crossbow and tommy gun sound good. What exactly are side-by-sides and bolt-actions?

Unlucky 13
September 8, 2004, 12:51 pm
side-by-sides are double barrel shotties, bolt-action is another type of shotty

MisterX
September 8, 2004, 1:05 pm
Thanks. As a shotgun, yes, maybe. I'll see.

peemonkey
September 8, 2004, 1:08 pm
side by sides are fun!! make that the deagles, with different little pixels for bullets, but not too spread out.
M79-alhambra fragmentation grenade (mad lethal)
ruger-.50cal pistol of come sort :D
good luck

MisterX
September 8, 2004, 1:16 pm
Shotguns as Deagles? err, could look a bit too crappy..
I'm not sure about grenades as M79. Maybe some sort of selfmade grenadelauncher would look better. And for the ruger I think a modified hunting rifle would fit better.

Deleted User
September 8, 2004, 2:08 pm
Oooh, oooh, make the knife a hunting spear!

MisterX
September 8, 2004, 2:28 pm
if it wasn't ment ironically: Basically it could look nice, otherwise the spear would spin around in the air when being throwed - wouldn't look good anymore.

btw, what do you guys think of the concept anyway?

papasurf31
September 8, 2004, 9:44 pm
Good consept but might be difficult to make. Nothing back then could really be as powerful as a barret so you might have to make things up. And bolt action rifle is just a hunting rifle with a single shot, rotating bolt loading mechanism. Rugger is bolt action.

More suggestions: harpoon gun, m14, and maybe a panzershrek for law.

MisterX
September 8, 2004, 10:01 pm
Well, as I said, I want to make a more or less unique mod. And well, I'm sure there have been several m14s before. And a panzershrek for law sounds too "normal" to me, too. Because I mean, I don't really want to have well-known modern or world war 2 weapons in the mod. But the harpoon gun sounds funny, I just don't know what to exchange with it. But finding a good alternative for a rocket launcher could be pretty difficult.. But let's see, I'll get started with the mod tomorrow I think. When I've finished one of the guns I can post a screenshot. We'll see what I can make. I don't want to promise too much, but as long as I don't like the weapons myself, I don't think I will show them. So either there are good guns to see here or none [:p]

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 8, 2004, 11:55 pm
how about a cannon on wheels as a LAW? I wanna see a soldier carry a 2 ton Cannon around on his back, unique enough?

MisterX
September 9, 2004, 12:38 pm
I want this mod to be unique, and not completely realistic, but let's say about 60-70% realistic and 30-40% ficitious. But carrying such a cannon would be mostly unrealistic, and I doubt others would like the idea.

Deleted User
September 9, 2004, 2:19 pm
I like the cannon idea.

Toumaz
September 9, 2004, 2:26 pm
Me also likes the cannon idea.
Bodybuilder soldats.

MisterX
September 9, 2004, 2:40 pm
o_O I don't really think it would fit to the style of the mod. But ok, as long as there are no other ideas about the Law I will note this one..

Unlucky 13
September 10, 2004, 7:43 am
Umm, law could be some type of cannon, but you are right... maybe you should just have a completely different concept LAW wise, considering it could be something expensive (he found it on the ground i a war o_0) but the Deagle's Double Barrel looks nice, but make sure the falle graphics are changered. Also, a 1/2 cal pistol could be a Degale >_<

papasurf31
September 11, 2004, 1:01 am
LAW = pipe with a firecracker, bottle-rocket, or flaming tampon...

Unlucky 13
September 11, 2004, 4:40 am
Flaming tampon? Firecracker is best. Make the explosion a fireworks explosion! Maybe that will do for now...

MisterX
September 11, 2004, 2:43 pm
Since there's only one explosion animation for everything explosive (frag grenades, m79 grenades, law rockets), I won't change the explosion. A pipe with a firecracker, well, sounds strange. Let's see.. And a bottle-rocket could be cool, but I don't think it would look good.

[Edit]
Ok, I've started with the mod today, and it worked better than I thought. Here's the first weapon, a Winchester Model 1895, "The Big Medicine":
[IMAGE]
Here you can see the original image.
I think I'll just make it a bit longer.

What do you think?

Deleted User
September 26, 2004, 7:54 am
Don't make it longer. Its long enough already.

Rhombus
September 26, 2004, 10:25 am
mesa like. mesa like villes bunny too [:D]

MisterX
September 26, 2004, 12:55 pm
Okay, if it's okay, okay. And, what does it look like? Is it bad, not thaaat good, o -- k, good enough, good?

mesa like?

Rhombus
September 26, 2004, 12:58 pm
mister x huh... misterious name with misterious post. really i have no idea what your talking about.

MisterX
September 26, 2004, 1:05 pm
misterx without the space. Erm, well, I ment how you would rate the Winchester. If it's good looking or not, if it's worth to go on with the mod or not. Got it?
And after this I wanted to know what "mesa like" means.
Got it?

Rhombus
September 26, 2004, 2:53 pm
Lol you prolly never seen Star Wars episode one. Cuz Jar Jar talks like that. Anyway, It means I like it, which I do. actually, I love that gun. Lemme guess, it replaces the ruger?

MisterX
September 26, 2004, 3:17 pm
Ow.. well, yes, I've seen Star Wars Episode 1, but not in english. And yes, it replaces the Ruger.

Deleted User
September 26, 2004, 3:20 pm
And yes it looks good in my opinion.

..Wtf? You watch movies dubbed(is it spelled right?)? Poor you.

papasurf31
September 26, 2004, 4:45 pm
Looks good, but work on shading and details. Aim for something like/better than this, an old winchester I had made but never used:
[IMAGE]

MisterX
September 26, 2004, 6:13 pm
Nice, really nice. Ok, so at least now I know how to do the lightning and shading stuff. Thanks

damnnation
September 26, 2004, 8:23 pm
looks coowl

MisterX
September 26, 2004, 10:10 pm
Now that papasurf31 showed his Winchester I know how to make my weapons, but still I don't know WICH weapons. I still need ideas for MP5, AK47, M79, Barret, Law and perhaps Steyr AUG :/

Rhombus
September 27, 2004, 5:58 pm
O boy I would almost say use M4 instead of Steyr, but everybody uses that one.....Use an M14 or something. Use SOCOM II as your master :p

MisterX
October 3, 2004, 3:42 pm
Okay, i've changed the Winchester now. Thanks papasurf31 again. So here it is: [IMAGE]
For the comparison, this was the Winchester before: [IMAGE]

I hope I'll work on my mod more often in the future, because if I go on with 1 interface picture in 2 weeks, maybe my mod will be finished in half a year...

damnnation
October 3, 2004, 5:50 pm
hmm... for some reason i like youre old Winchester more...

Deleted User
October 3, 2004, 7:34 pm
yea...
the old one looks better (just my opinion)

MisterX
October 3, 2004, 8:02 pm
:O And.. why?

[Edit]
oh, I might know what.. I'll edit it tomorrow.

papasurf31
October 4, 2004, 1:01 am
Make the stock a bit wider so it hangs down more beneath the hand-guard, and it'll look perfect, IMO.

MisterX
October 25, 2004, 3:51 am
Ok, i worked an impressivly little bit on my mod, and this turned out of the work:
[IMAGE] Doesn't look so good, I just don't know why..

If i just had the motivation to do this mod, hmm.. And I'm really not sure if this light effect is good. I mean, it looks good on the one hand, but on the other hand the colors look so "paly" with it. Any ideas?

T-Money
October 31, 2004, 9:24 am
OOH! OHH! I have an idea. Make the LAW a Molotov Cocktail.

papasurf31
October 31, 2004, 6:15 pm
Hmmm, kinda looks like a Thompson smg, the kind used in Call of Duty. Not bad, but the circular magazine looks too flat. Add some more shdaing:

MisterX
January 2, 2005, 10:16 pm
I just wanted to remind you that me and my mod are still existing ;) I've started working on my mod again, and it works fine. One of the weapons I've done since then is the Mauser C96, a pistol that was used very often in WW2. And this is it: [IMAGE]

papasurf31
January 3, 2005, 5:02 pm
The gun should not be so tall. Squish it down a bit, maybe enlongate the barrel slightly, it'll look much better.

MisterX
January 3, 2005, 6:50 pm
Yes, I think you're right. I changed it: [IMAGE]

papasurf31
January 4, 2005, 10:24 pm
mmmmm...the handle should be a bit smaller, and add a bit more detail. Looks imroved.

damnnation
January 4, 2005, 10:29 pm
it looks a bit like those Butcher-knifes with a short handle and a big wide, long blade

MisterX
January 4, 2005, 10:33 pm
I give it up... I'll just go on with the mod, the weapon looks ok. Perhaps it needs more detail. The handle is just fine. Thanks.