( search forums )
/addweapon# /removeweapon#
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
September 8, 2004, 3:26 am
For once I actually used the search button, and after searching 5 pages of topics I found nothing like this..so here goes..*crosses fingers*

Instead of having to leave your server and change things around, you should just be able to add or remove weapons from in-game. That way, if you're in a server with some friends and you wanna have a knife duel, and you don't trust some of them to not switch to a gun, you don't have to exit and wait for everyone to rejoin. Or if your playing with all weapons enabled and then everyone starts abusing a certain weapon(for example:10 people all using miniguns to lag up the game and fly around) you can just remove the weapon.

And when you remove the weapon, it should be taken from everywhere on the map. That way, if you removed the minigun, people who had the minigun before would have nothing instead, and all miniguns lying on the ground would disappear as well.

You'd also be able to add weapons in if you decided you were sick of only knives, so you throw in some chainsaws...

And the weapons would be number coded:Deagles 1; Ruger 7; Minigun 10; Knife 12; e.t.c.

And maybe also a command for nades as well..like /addnade# or something like that.

And if this has been suggested before, I blame the New York schooling system for not teaching me to read right..

BManx2000
September 8, 2004, 3:36 am
Good job, I don't think this has ever been suggested before.

Spectral
September 8, 2004, 3:45 am
seriously!?!?!?

Deleted User
September 8, 2004, 3:59 am
If it's true..i'm shocked too

LazehBoi
September 8, 2004, 5:18 am
Meh... Nice idea. It would be kinda hard to implement, and if people had the weapon before it got disabled, then what?

peemonkey
September 8, 2004, 7:40 am
it'd be an item fought for :D
i like this *origional* idea, and it could make for some interesting battles, like for the first respawn, everyone can have whatecer, then after that, you fight for your weapons. PWN IDEA

n/a
September 8, 2004, 10:03 am
We'd better post all server-suggestions in one thread...for some reason good suggestions like this got less response of forumusers...less attention...

Maybe I'll make one... once...

Jap_man
September 8, 2004, 1:48 pm
I like this idea, but it may be a bit hard to implement into soldat (as lazehboi said).
But apart from that it's a great idea.

Alamo
September 8, 2004, 2:44 pm
I like the idea... And I like your example, prevents some ugly discussions. The game options should be fully customizable from the console :)

DeMonIc
September 8, 2004, 3:09 pm
Wow an actually usefull idea!
I concur!!

DT
September 8, 2004, 3:22 pm
[^]

Sam
September 8, 2004, 4:27 pm
^spam?

Anyway, great idea, i hope to see it implemented, although i cant host.

Bugs Revenge
September 8, 2004, 5:30 pm
well, nice idea but... the admin can also abush his powers by this way.
I think that this option should be enable and take place after restarting the match.
that's way none will whine about "Disappearing weapons" and it would be just better.

Michal
September 8, 2004, 8:54 pm
I like this idea. It would be useful, but it might be abused by admins getting tired of being owned with a certain weapon so maybe the changes made should take effect for the next game/map, so it dosn't affect the standings of the current game.

-karvinen-
September 8, 2004, 9:13 pm
Admins can abuse the kick and setteam commands too...

papasurf31
September 8, 2004, 9:32 pm
Good idea but i can see it being abused too easily.

The admin could make it so that only he would be able to slect a certain weapon. He enables it when he selects weapons and disables it when he's done. Him with minigun vs. server full of knives equals unfair pwnage.

Deleted User
September 8, 2004, 9:54 pm
I'm not entirely sure what to do about people who had the weapon before it was disabled. My first idea was to have it just disappear, but this would make for a lot of arguments. No one would be happy to realize that the their gun just vanished, and now they are left with nothing.

Another thought would be to have them be liked they just respawned. Back where they started with the weapons menu available and it wouldn't count as a death for them. But this wouldn't work well in ctf's when somebody has the flag and is escaping, and the admin decides to be a jerk and takes away his gun to get the flag back.

So i'm not entirely sure what to do about this, but Bugs Revenge and Michal had a better way of going about it than I did so maybe that would work best to have it take effect after the match has been restarted, or that a new map has started.

And I realize how hard this would be to implement, but it's a thought, and a handy one at that.

Spectral
September 8, 2004, 10:24 pm
hmm, perhaps they just keep the weapon that has been removed and the next time they die, it's not in the menu

maybe you could also disable a gun for a spec. person, say by typing his name after the command. but that's getting too into it

kevith
September 8, 2004, 10:33 pm
I like this idea, but I think Bugs Revenge has had the best solution to the abuse problem so far: The changes don't take effect until the beginning of the next round/map.

As for the good ideas getting less response or less attention... I've noticed that usually it seems that if the idea is already good enough there isn't really anything to discuss and you just end up with a lot of replies that say "yes" or "good idea." No real discussion to draw attention.

Deleted User
September 8, 2004, 10:45 pm
I know what you mean, most of the time that's exactly what happens, while all the crappy ideas get swamped by comments, most of which are pointless flamings. What a world...maybe next time I won't explain my ideas so well and I'll just leave it to everyone else in the forums to fill in the blanks.

BManx2000
September 8, 2004, 10:52 pm
How about the gun they have just gets replaced by the next number gun down (or up, with deagles)? That way they wouldn't be completely defenseless.

Dathker
September 9, 2004, 3:37 am
how about they lose their wep
and only get FISTS!! even though you are teh anti fists :/

Arsenic
September 9, 2004, 11:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Spectral
hmm, perhaps they just keep the weapon that has been removed and the next time they die, it's not in the menu

That's exactly what I was thinking. That would make it pretty fair.

Deleted User
September 10, 2004, 1:21 am
Yes but the bad thing about if they keep that weapon until they die, they might drop that weapon in the meantime and then that weapon would still be on the map,so someone might go and pick it up later, or perhaps even that same person. Having the changes occur after that match has been changed to a new map or restarted would be the best system in my opinion.