( search forums )
IRC, god help me!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Unlucky 13
September 8, 2004, 12:55 pm
I need help with all the Soldat IRC bussiness, so could you please help an IRC n00b(there peemonkey :P) to get started, like programs, signing up etc.? Thanks

-Unlucky 13

PS: I'm trying out what Brick used to do...[:-bouncy]

FliesLikeABrick
September 8, 2004, 1:38 pm
what did i used to do?

peemonkey
September 8, 2004, 1:47 pm
what do you mean 'ther peemonkey"? XP

b00stA
September 8, 2004, 3:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13
I need help with all the Soldat IRC bussiness, so could you please help an IRC n00b(there peemonkey :P) to get started, like programs, signing up etc.? Thanks

-Unlucky 13

PS: I'm trying out what Brick used to do...[:-bouncy]

Do you want to set up an IRC server?

Or just come visit us?

Hektik Sniper
September 9, 2004, 7:34 am
Download xchat here: http://www.hektiksniper.net/xchat/xchat-2.0.10c.exe Then select Quakenet in the server list and click connect. In the server window, type /nick Unlucky13 or whatever. Then type /join #soldat.forums or whatever channel you want in too :)

Meandor
September 9, 2004, 10:24 am
eek xchat D:

LazehBoi
September 9, 2004, 12:04 pm
mIRC > *

*cough* with UPP, of course.

Unlucky 13
September 10, 2004, 9:46 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick
what did i used to do?

-Brick ring a bell?

quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
what do you mean 'ther peemonkey"? XP

I spelled it right, not like gnube

Thank you Hektik
b00stA, i just wanna join!

eDIT:
quote:
--- Unlucky_13 :Register first.

How?

n00bface
September 10, 2004, 11:05 am
something will have said "PING somenumber" (like 394809384)...type "/quote pong thenumberthatitsaid" and then you are all fine (I just figured this out trying to make a browser based bot for irc today...quakenet is like the only server that requires you to do this)

b00stA
September 10, 2004, 1:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bface
something will have said "PING somenumber" (like 394809384)...type "/quote pong thenumberthatitsaid" and then you are all fine (I just figured this out trying to make a browser based bot for irc today...quakenet is like the only server that requires you to do this)

Are you serious?
Every decent IRC client does that automatically (because otherwise you'll just get a ping timeout).

Unlucky 13
September 11, 2004, 3:34 am
im guessing pong is ping, i'll try it, TY all

eDIT: Umm... I think it works, is it thou? Screen...

[file]untitled.jpg,15582,,0[/file]

Well? Please help!

grand_diablo
September 11, 2004, 10:01 am
WEll, it worked perfectly. All you need to do in this state, is write into the line, what you want to say [;)]

deejii
September 11, 2004, 10:06 am
well best irc client is irssi.. if youre using linux or you have linux server dowload irssi -> http://www.irssi.org/

b00stA
September 11, 2004, 1:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by deejii
well best irc client is irssi.. if youre using linux or you have linux server dowload irssi -> http://www.irssi.org/

Argh.. how I hate this. There is no best client, just as there isn't a best operating system.
Use whatever you want, maybe try mIRC, irssi and klient and see for yourself.

Kazuki
September 11, 2004, 1:57 pm
lol, That's another case of me disconnecting. :) Well, if you got that far, all you have to do is type your message into the text area. Nothing else I can say. =\ By the way, does anyone know how to set up my autojoin? XP

Edit: Oh, and about that whole - (Name) at the end of your post, I just used that in my signature. You'd think that it'd be a lot easier that way. It's down there, along with the rest of the forum's 'best' database. ;D

Unlucky 13
September 12, 2004, 2:39 am
OK all, thanks, looks like this can be locked and forgotten? Oh, this is the Longe, never mind...

Alamo
September 12, 2004, 10:30 am
oh Unlucky: In that state you should write /me finds [insertoperatornamehere] gay.
the operators are the guys with the @ in front of their name.
This command registers you in the channel.

n00bface
September 12, 2004, 11:03 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stA

Are you serious?
Every decent IRC client does that automatically (because otherwise you'll just get a ping timeout).

Well i was making a bot with php that i could start up by accessing a webpage..so it's not in a client...i could get it to connect to freenode/dalnet, so i was wondering why i couldn't get it to connect to quakenet...i looked at a few forums and they told me to look for a ping number and to /quote pong it...qnet is the only server i had to do that on :|

b00stA
September 12, 2004, 1:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA

Are you serious?

Well i was making a bot with php that i could start up by accessing a webpage..so it's not in a client...i could get it to connect to freenode/dalnet, so i was wondering why i couldn't get it to connect to quakenet...i looked at a few forums and they told me to look for a ping number and to /quote pong it...qnet is the only server i had to do that on :|

I checked it 1-2 days ago and most, if not all, PINGed me.
Why didn't you read the RFC for IRC, used a packet sniffer or the /debug @blah in mIRC?
:o

Edit: Oops. Do you mean the inital Ping/Pong when connecting? didn't check that, but afterwards the servers usually Ping you.

n00bface
September 13, 2004, 2:45 am
quote:Edit: Oops. Do you mean the inital Ping/Pong when connecting? didn't check that, but afterwards the servers usually Ping you.

Yeah, that's what i mean :| I have no idea what that packet sniffer or this '/debug' command you speak of is. I was using RAW irc data :< This is what it sends me (sort of):

PONG 2309320293
and i type "NICK LlamaBot" (because of lag)
--LBOT1 : you must register first
xs4u.de.quakenet.org :type /quote pong 2309320293 to register
and i type "pong 2309320293" and all is well.

I can't figure why it does that either, most of the QNet opers i talked to didn't know why the hell it was there :|

LazehBoi
September 13, 2004, 3:20 am
Goddamn, Xchat looks bad.

Edit: SEE! MINE IS THE BESTEST LOOKING.
[IMAGE]

Spectral
September 13, 2004, 3:59 am
^So ugly...
Mine is way hotter.

[IMAGE]

LazehBoi
September 13, 2004, 4:02 am
meh, it's alright, I prefer mine, though :D

n00bface
September 13, 2004, 4:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Spectral
^So ugly...
Mine is way hotter.

[IMAGE]

In every single one of those windows I am op.. I have almost gathered enough support to take over Soldat IRC.

Unlucky 13
September 13, 2004, 7:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Alamo
oh Unlucky: In that state you should write /me finds [insertoperatornamehere] gay.
the operators are the guys with the @ in front of their name.
This command registers you in the channel.

Sounds good *Inserts a @ in front of Alamo.
/me finds Alamo gay
Wow, works...

Oh, god, XCHAT is uglyerest!

Meandor
September 13, 2004, 7:51 am

ohh, mirc pics show off
[IMAGE]
but i changed font and color scheme now 'cause that was kinda bad on the eyes :P

n00bface
September 13, 2004, 8:04 am
and you couldn't tell who was typing in caps.

edit; im op in the channel in meandor's post too :D

Spectral
September 14, 2004, 12:45 am
aye my font is hawter, tho kinda small

Unlucky 13
September 14, 2004, 7:01 am
GRR! What? Not enough parameters? I HATe BeING THE IRC NOOB! What do i does?

Spectral
September 15, 2004, 12:39 am
stop being a noob :P

Dathker
September 15, 2004, 3:38 am
MEaNDOR that looks pwnage where did you get that!/?! i want that?!?!?!?!

but this is my non-pwnage

[IMAGE]

Unlucky 13
September 15, 2004, 7:13 am
Why did you spraypaint all that crap out upa there?

Hektik Sniper
September 15, 2004, 11:55 am
ooogly mirc!

Secksay xchat!

[IMAGE]

b00stA
September 15, 2004, 1:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hektik Sniper
ooogly mirc!

Secksay xchat!

Your xchat reminds me of my first homepage, with the classical black background and green text.

That's why I don't like it.

Unlucky 13
September 16, 2004, 7:17 am
GT MIN WORKING!