( search forums )
Lock Teams!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
rain_fin
September 8, 2004, 6:21 pm
This is good ability for ctf server.Like when i play with my clan and I want to play 3vs5, so I force one player to red team but sometimes they join back blue.So I want some command like /lock so all teams are locked and nobody can't change teams except admin!

The Geologist
September 8, 2004, 6:27 pm
What happens when someone joins your server after its teams are locked? Unless there's a pw, I don't think this is very useful...mildly annoying in fact.

Alamo
September 8, 2004, 6:42 pm
i think that's a too specialized command. there are not many people who need this.

Denacke
September 8, 2004, 6:58 pm
I'd love to have this added, It's very handy for:
- 1 when you really want to play 3vs5
- 2 People with custom game modes, eg: some hunt game mode, when you can lock the hunted team to 1 player, and the rest has to kill him. Most people find it difficult to obey teh game rules, some enforcement never hurts >8)

kevith
September 8, 2004, 10:46 pm
I like this idea too. I'm very pro-control! I could see a use for it in INF where maybe you want it to be more difficult to score or defend depending on which team has the extra player(s). I suppose it would also work just to be able to set the amount of players on each team independently from one another in the setup menu.

Dark_Noddy
September 9, 2004, 10:00 pm
Use setteam ?

qazwertred
September 9, 2004, 10:06 pm
Maybe if you could lock one of the teams.
/lockteam 1/2 (?)
Then the only way to join the locked team is to get invited by admin. Probably by using /setteam

kevith
September 9, 2004, 10:14 pm
The setteam# doesn't really help all that much because as soon as you switch the person over they could switch back. You have to be able to set them there and make them stay.

palloco
September 9, 2004, 10:45 pm
Why would you want to play 3vs5? That is stupid

The Geologist
September 9, 2004, 11:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by palloco
Why would you want to play 3vs5? That is stupid

Durrr...this be why. I'll admit, after reading some of the responces I'm more in favor of this option than I originally was.

quote:Originally posted by Denacke
I'd love to have this added, It's very handy for:
- 1 when you really want to play 3vs5
- 2 People with custom game modes, eg: some hunt game mode, when you can lock the hunted team to 1 player, and the rest has to kill him. Most people find it difficult to obey teh game rules, some enforcement never hurts >8)

Read much?