( search forums )
add some Vehicles
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Emperor
September 9, 2004, 2:48 am
All i'm sayin is to add some vehicles to this game....At the same time make the levels longer so that the vehicles have a purpose....And that allies can ride out with you [^]

tell me what yall think about that

paramud
September 9, 2004, 2:59 am
RETARD HEARD OF SEARCH FUNCTION!?!?!?! FOR GODS SAKE! STOP BEING RETARDED! WHY DONT YOU SUGGEST A SOLDAT GAME AS WELL?!??!!? JESUS!

Emperor
September 9, 2004, 3:07 am
yo son i'm a newbie so clam down

paramud
September 9, 2004, 3:11 am
SO?!?!?! WHO CARES IF YOUR A N00B?!?!?! EVEN N00BS NEWER THEN YOU KNOW OF THE SEARCH FUNTION! NEXT TIME USE IT!!!!!!!!! IF YOU KEEP DOING THIS YOU CAN PREDICT YOULL GET STUFF LIKE THIS THEN A BAN! HERES A LITTLE READING MATERIAL!
quote:From the Game Improvements/Suggestions sticky:

Don't post about:
- Vehicles ( will not be added ) < [NOTE - Not because i don't want them to be added (well actually i don't want but that's not the point), but Michal said they won't be added. If you still think they should be added play some more soldat and you'll realize they wouldn't work anyway]

N1nj@
September 9, 2004, 3:33 am
dude, you don't need to write in caplocks to tell him.

paramud
September 9, 2004, 3:37 am
yes i do! hes an idiot, thus hes not likely to see the letters, so i must capatalize them for his viewing

Dathker
September 9, 2004, 3:40 am
don't even bother.. don't suggest, it has already been suggested.. and veihicles would be reatarted and you should read the sticky before posting aswelll

paramud
September 9, 2004, 3:43 am
exactly, now someone ban him!

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 9, 2004, 3:55 am
woah woah woah Para, its not that bad, I almost made that same mistake of comparing Soldat to Main Stream games a long time ago also

n00bface
September 9, 2004, 4:03 am
hi m8 dis is a gr8 ide i thin that miakchael should implement it it would b coo we cud add axis n alliez and add helicoperz wit minigun lol i can imagne iet now i wud be pwooning nubs so bad wif my helicoppter

peemonkey
September 9, 2004, 4:05 am
just...dont, post anything suggesting anything. it's either crap or suggested many times before.

Kazuki
September 9, 2004, 4:12 am
lol, You guys are a bunch of hostiles. Leave him alone.

Oh, and Paramud, destroy your keyboard before Microsoft finds out (using their hyper-leet superior-to-calculators technology) that your Caps Lock key is stuck, and come dropping in through your windows out of a SWAT helicopter, with little screwdrivers handy to take your keyboard apart and give it medicine.

JayBDey
September 9, 2004, 4:27 am
Great, I get to use this again.

Generic idea response sheet V1.0, by Jay. Loosely based on the "Generic spam solution response sheet"

(feel free to revise add, but send a copy to me at jd0gg7@yahoo.com)

====================================================================

Your post advocates a

( ) Balance Issue (x) Feature addition ( ) Feature Subtraction

to soldat. It will be rejected unfairly (most times without any consideration) by

(x) Hardcore DM purists ( ) Barretards (x) People who fear change (x) N00b Bashers

On the basis of/With the argument that/because (One or more of the following may apply to your particular idea)

(x) It would never work. (without posting an argument as to why)
( ) Your spelling/grammar sucks (has little to do with the merit of your idea, but it WILL be used against you)
( ) You failed to post any arguments as to why it would be a good idea.
(x) It would take too long (even though updates take months and no one seems to mind waiting)
(x) It would be full of bugs (even though we have a beta process to fix that)
( ) Your idea was not clear enough, or was too vague and will be attackable on many points.
(x) It would require some people to have to learn to use a new gun/tactic/feature, and they wont like that.
(x) It would piss of too many "INSERT GROUP" and require that they change their winning strategy
( ) It's too much like an already existing gun/feature/mode.
( ) Because this "Isn't CS j00 n00bz0rz"
(x) Because it doesn't stay to true the "spirit of Soldat", whatever the hell that is (explanation wont
be provided.)
( ) It's too "arcade". (pisses off tactical/strategic players)
( ) It's too "sim/realistic" (pisses off DM purists, aka "Quake refugees")
(x) I say so (in other words, no argument could be formed, usually get this from the fear change people.)
( ) It would splinter the community and form too many "niche groups"
(x) It would "over complicate the game"
( ) It would "over simplify the game"
(x) The fascist moderates already made a sticky saying you can't talk about this (mods USUALY fall into
one of the groups mentioned above.)

and the following philosophical objections may also come up:

( ) Ideas similar to yours are easy to come up with, yet none have ever been shown practical, or have
been implemented.
(x) It takes too long for large changes such as your to take hold, and the road is hard. It will be
squashed by someone/thing before it is even considered.
(x) Your idea it too drastic, and any rational thought from either side will be drowned out by the
childish flames, threats, and name calling.

Furthermore, this is what I think about you:

(x) Good idea, it would work if it weren't' for some group(s) blocking progress.
( ) Sorry dude, but I don't think it would work.
( ) This is a stupid idea, and you're a stupid person for suggesting it.
( ) Nice try, assh0le! I'm going to find out where you live and burn your
house down!

FliesLikeABrick
September 9, 2004, 4:27 am
I MISS HITMAN

LazehBoi
September 9, 2004, 4:43 am
Seriously, can they imagine vehicles, in a two dimensional game, with it actually working!?

peemonkey
September 9, 2004, 5:00 am
i can, but not in soldat

The Geologist
September 9, 2004, 6:29 am
I have a rock hammer with a very sharp point on the end. I think I'll throw down on a plane ticket to fly out and kill the next person who makes a vehicle thread. [:D] Maybe even go look for rocks and minerals in their area. Oooo..I may be on to something..

peemonkey
September 9, 2004, 7:54 am
i want vehicles in soldat, i live in santa rosa, california, come get me. you can kill me but i gotta get you high first :D

can we lock this to prevent spam? danke

that fuking sniper
September 9, 2004, 9:27 am
quote:Originally posted by paramud
SO?!?!?! WHO CARES IF YOUR A N00B?!?!?! EVEN N00BS NEWER THEN YOU KNOW OF THE SEARCH FUNTION! NEXT TIME USE IT!!!!!!!!! IF YOU KEEP DOING THIS YOU CAN PREDICT YOULL GET STUFF LIKE THIS THEN A BAN! HERES A LITTLE READING MATERIAL!
quote:From the Game Improvements/Suggestions sticky:

Don't post about:
- Vehicles ( will not be added ) < [NOTE - Not because i don't want them to be added (well actually i don't want but that's not the point), but Michal said they won't be added. If you still think they should be added play some more soldat and you'll realize they wouldn't work anyway]

If you keep threatening people with false claims of banning which is not in your power, I believe you will be the one who would eventually get banned. I'll be that guy waving at you if you do. He's new, so pipe down. Dont act so big either, Mr. 1337, I dont think anyone likes pricks who think they can bitch to everyone else just because of an assumption that they've spent some time here. Stop making the community look like a bunch of CS players. Tolerance will at least send your message to him without making you look like a dimwit. Sorry for my words.

Now, Emperor, I'm sorry you were answered by a generic, welcome to the forums, if it means anything anymore :P

Words of advice: the vehicle thing was rejected countless times before, and people were bashed even more times over these suggestions, so try not to mention it again. Try to use the search option more, though it doesnt work very well at times, you should be allright. Dont pay attention to those who let online forum newbs get to them too much :)

Meandor
September 9, 2004, 10:07 am
I don't mind when people post about vehicles, they just forgot to read the sticky and after all a lot of people do it when they join :|
JayBDey, you're an idiot. Most people here don't fear change, or whatever of the [:-censored] you said, but just realize that a vehicle system can't simply work with the current poligon/maps system, so go mail Michal about changing it so we can have vehicles, as if he hadn't already said he won't (see Aquarius' screenshots about vehicles). And if you're wondering, the reason i'll lock this topic is simply because it will turn in a 10 pages of flames, and i've never seen a reasonable post about vehicles (just stuff along the lines 'add jeeps and tanks plz').