( search forums )
Marshmallow Duel
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
MisterX
September 9, 2004, 3:02 pm
Marshmallow Duel is a 2D 2 player multiplayer action game. In it every player controls a character. The goal is simple: neutralize the enemy. Now you could think "Hey, where is a better place to fight a match like this than above a gooey pile of marshmallow?!". And yes, that's just exactly what the developer of the game must have thought! Because this game takes place in a small arena above this gooey pile of marshmallow. You can simply knock the enemy into the marshmallow pile under the arena, or by killing him with one of the powerup that appear at the 3 "generators". There are several of them, such as a pistol, a grenade, a 1000 volt powerup that makes you be electric, what means you can kill the enemy by simply touching him (Super Mario style!), a grappling hook, a parachute, a mine and a few more. After winning rounds you get points, and you can get a higher rank (and everytime a new outfit!) like this.

Now you could think it is a simple and - after watching the screenshot on HotU - a cruel looking game that can't be fun for longer than 5 minutes. But you're wrong! It's so great fun. I wouldn't believe it if I wouldn't have played it myself, but believe me, it's one of the best multiplayer games you'll ever come across! You can play it on almost every computer, since it's an old game with simple graphics that don't need many resources. It has only one negative point: It's a 2 players only game. This means that you can't play it alone. If you don't have anyone to play with, this won't be any funny for longer than 5 minutes. But if you have a second player, this can be fun for a really long time. So if there's a friend beside you, download this! You won't regret it, believe me!

You can get it on (the impressivly great site for great, free games) Home of the Underdogs.
The article about Marshmallow Duel with the download on HotU can be found here.
Note: If you are using WindowsXP, you need a DOS-Emulator in order to play it. The best I know is the famous DOSBox. You can find it click

BManx2000
September 9, 2004, 3:18 pm
Don't direct link to stuff on HotU :P

Deleted User
September 9, 2004, 3:29 pm
Great game. But i found it 3 months ago.

Btw it works great on my xp without a dos emulator.

MisterX
September 9, 2004, 3:54 pm
@BManx2000 That's why I wrote "nearly" direct link. It only links to the download page where you need to enter the code. But I can also change the link, no problem.

@Ville Mk.2 Well, this seems to differ on every WindowsXP. Maybe it's Home Edition / Pro Edition, or just the settings of WindowsXP. At least on my WindowsXP DOS games don't work without an emulator.

Spectral
September 9, 2004, 10:10 pm
ahh I luv this game. i wish you could play it online.

DeafBox
September 10, 2004, 2:19 am
A mate and i used to paly this game agggeessssss ago. Like well over 5 years. It prawns sooo hard it was classic. he actually registered it so u get access to all the special stuff.

Ahhhh the memories.

Spectral
September 10, 2004, 2:42 am
omg send the reg key plz i need the full version!

(im just kidding please dont ban me!!!)

n00bface
September 10, 2004, 3:41 am
it doesn't work for me...

"Invalid startup directory, please check your pif file. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."
it was in My Documents\marshduel, then i moved it to C:\marshduel ..still no worky :|

peemonkey
September 10, 2004, 4:03 am
looks pinner weak

b00stA
September 10, 2004, 1:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bface
it doesn't work for me...

"Invalid startup directory, please check your pif file. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."
it was in My Documents\marshduel, then i moved it to C:\marshduel ..still no worky :|

Open the command line, change to the directory and run the *.exe via the cmd line.. worked for me

Deleted User
September 10, 2004, 1:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Spectral
omg send the reg key plz i need the full version!

(im just kidding please dont ban me!!!)

www.google.com

DeMonIc
September 10, 2004, 3:58 pm
Heh, if soldat will have a soldiers collide system, it should work like it does in this.

MisterX
September 11, 2004, 12:48 am
The version you can get on HotU is already the registered version. The point "Ordering Info" is still there, but all 12 powerups are available.