Darker graphics:
http://www.poronet.com/darker.rar

Deleted User
September 9, 2004, 6:08 pm
*D/l*
You pwn make more maps.

Subslider
September 9, 2004, 6:29 pm
lol it roxx... really brings out some good grapichs..

proly nice gameplay 2.

hope that this map gets hosted and not gets doomed into the eternal achive.. ^.^

blackdevil0742
September 9, 2004, 6:30 pm
Hehe so beautiful
d/l

peemonkey
September 9, 2004, 6:32 pm
XD

The Geologist
September 9, 2004, 7:11 pm
Kick ass job man! Seriously...gotta dl right now!

Off Topic: Since that other topic got locked...I could never kill you Peemonkey, especially after you got me high [;)]. I'll bring some of the CO goodies out to compare the sticky ickies.

DeMonIc
September 9, 2004, 7:56 pm
1, 1337 films - check
2, 1337 mods - check
3, 1337 map - check

Dude...marry me :D
This map is very good...wonder what you'll do next...

SigHunter
September 9, 2004, 8:18 pm
holy [:-censored] urhos, this map is just OMG
it is outstanding good
looks damn cool :>

Urhos
September 9, 2004, 8:54 pm
well, what havent i done yet? ;Q

n/a
September 9, 2004, 9:12 pm
Nice map indeed, and no default trees !

Jaz
September 9, 2004, 9:47 pm
Wow.

zaraza
September 10, 2004, 12:32 am
looks great but it could be bigger...

average map but i look forward for your next maps!

SERIAL KILLeR
September 10, 2004, 12:51 am
Nice map! a bit small tho for ctf...

paramud
September 10, 2004, 1:20 am
My only hope is that one day, modmakers will know that not EVERYONE KNOWS HOW THE HELL TO OPEN RARS!!!!

Urhos
September 10, 2004, 1:27 am
The map is made for 2v2 ctf, and I know its meant to be small ;Q
But I'll be making more maps via the same style, bigger, better.

rar > zip
you dont need to be a rocket scientist to open rars -.-
ASK UNCLE GOOGLE!

paramud
September 10, 2004, 2:05 am
me = NOT COMPUTER PEOPLE PERSON THINGIE!
rar = look like WIERD FILE TYPE
me = NO HAVEY GOOD WINZIP OR GRAMMER

Boxo
September 10, 2004, 5:03 am
OMG, That's like, the best map ever! Well, very good atleat.

paramud, get winrar.

Unlucky 13
September 10, 2004, 6:55 am
W00T! II wanna listen to Mario music whit teh map! Woo! LUVD!

Soap
September 10, 2004, 7:51 am
This is filth. I am not the slightest bit tolerant of sprite rippers. Having been part of an amateur freeware games making community for many years, I can tell you that people who release games with graphics they did not make themselves are looked down on more than anyone else; especially games that borrow graphics from Mario and Sonic.

This is no exception. I knew that one day, some mapper who thought he was pretty clever would rip sprites out of a game and be declared a genious by the Soldat mapping community, who would hail his map as a work of art and shamelessly "rip" his "idea" for years to come.

The map looks pretty, but in a bittersweet context. The graphics are stolen and I have seen them for a large portion of my life. I can't wait for some idiot to stand up and say, "But you usually use the standard Soldat graphics! You didn't make them either!" That is completely different. Go back to boy scouts and learn about safe sex and how to tie knots.

I will personally lop of the genitals of anyone who releases another map like this, thieves. Please get over how cool this one is, post haste. It is not a new idea, it is internet history repeating itself, and it disgusts me.

Thank you for putting in the time and effort to make this map. The sprite ripping must have taken you quite some time! Anyway, bye.

Hercule Poirot
September 10, 2004, 8:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Soap
This is filth. I am not the slightest bit tolerant of sprite rippers. Having been part of an amateur freeware games making community for many years, I can tell you that people who release games with graphics they did not make themselves are looked down on more than anyone else; especially games that borrow graphics from Mario and Sonic.

This is no exception. I knew that one day, some mapper who thought he was pretty clever would rip sprites out of a game and be declared a genious by the Soldat mapping community, who would hail his map as a work of art and shamelessly "rip" his "idea" for years to come.

The map looks pretty, but in a bittersweet context. The graphics are stolen and I have seen them for a large portion of my life. I can't wait for some idiot to stand up and say, "But you usually use the standard Soldat graphics! You didn't make them either!" That is completely different. Go back to boy scouts and learn about safe sex and how to tie knots.

I will personally lop of the genitals of anyone who releases another map like this, thieves. Please get over how cool this one is, post haste. It is not a new idea, it is internet history repeating itself, and it disgusts me.

Thank you for putting in the time and effort to make this map. The sprite ripping must have taken you quite some time! Anyway, bye.

JEEZ! don't be so harsh Soap theres many other maps that have use game graphics like 1 sonicmap, 2-3 abuse maps, 2-3 other mario maps, that cool jungle map from swamp with flashback graphics (which he never finished) + proply like 3-5 more maps

sure they are rip offs but they're like 10years old games which they don't sell anymore so that don't affect company profit...

Urhos
September 10, 2004, 8:05 am
OMG LOL.

The point of this map is that its from another game.
And to make it look just like the other game, of course I use the games original sprites -.-

Would there be any sense on making a Mario map, if it wouldnt have Mario textures? argh!

Am I saying that I invented Mario? dun think so.
Am I saying that I designed the graphics for Mario? nop.
Am I saying that I'm a very sexy beast? yep.

D'oh

Soap
September 10, 2004, 8:16 am
You have just succeeded in making a fool of yourself.

"Am I saying that I invented Mario? dun think so.
Am I saying that I designed the graphics for Mario? nop"

Pure noob gold.

Urhos
September 10, 2004, 8:27 am
yea, thats nice.

but I'm still very, very sexy.

COLASSA MUNDI MAN Turkey-Volume-Guessing-Man

Soap
September 10, 2004, 8:42 am
Nintendo earns quite a bit of money from their 2nd Mario game on GBA, which does use these graphics, but I am not out to defend them. I am making a concrete statement.

Urhos, you have taken what I have said as a personal attack, which it is not. However, your ostentatious and cocky personale have not been the least bit amusing, I'm sorry to say. Criticism may occasionally be harsh, but do not take it as an insult or throw up some superiority complex in defense.

Urhos
September 10, 2004, 8:45 am
well, that is no superiority complex, I might've just been born as a retard ;Q
ask any1 who knows me ;Q
I am who I am, and as that I shall remain ;Q
But, I appreciate your criticism (which I didnt see anywhere) anyhow ;Q

Soap
September 10, 2004, 8:46 am
Truce.

Urhos
September 10, 2004, 8:51 am
yea, you're sexy too [:-bunny]

paradox-
September 10, 2004, 10:13 am
even if they still make money from their mario games, how the fuc k would it affect their profit?

"OMG somebody is using mario textures in a soldat map, now, i'm not going to buy that mario game i was thinking of buying earlier, DAMNIT!"

what a stupid thing you brought up, fuc king moron

Soap
September 10, 2004, 10:19 am
You, sir, have been flagged for review. Have fun in ban town.

Soap
September 10, 2004, 10:19 am
Regardless, have some respect for Nintendo. They've been making incredible games for decades; don't rip their stuff.

paradox-
September 10, 2004, 10:28 am
omg no dont flag me for review aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

but seriously maybe you just dont get it, it doesnt hurt them in any way, hes not claiming he made the graphics is he?

you're argument is just as shi te as something like...omg dont pirate video games, dont download music, which everyone does anyway. get over yourself.

Soap
September 10, 2004, 10:29 am
Just because everyone does it doesn't make it right. I don't download music either, I rip my own CD's and nobody else has access to them.

I'm a good boy mommy.

paradox-
September 10, 2004, 10:31 am
lmao, you still rip them nonetheless, what a hypocrite.

Soap
September 10, 2004, 10:38 am
Ripping CD's to mp3 format is perfectly legal, as long as they are kept private. I don't like having to swap CD's constantly in my drive, so I rip them and just double click on the song I like at any moment; very convenient.

You are one of the biggest idiots I've met in these forums, and that is saying something.

Urhos
September 10, 2004, 10:41 am
Soap, I love Nintendo (got 3x 8bits, 16bits & lots of handhelds)

and I've played the Marios for ages, hence I wanted to make mario maps :O

Soap
September 10, 2004, 10:42 am
I want the original NES Mario 3 deathmatch game on my GBA, not the crappy modified one that comes will all of their Mario games.

Urhos
September 10, 2004, 10:47 am
I want the original Super Mario World for Snes ;Q

n00bface
September 10, 2004, 11:18 am
it's funny cuz soap uses such big words but can't spell 'genius' right ;(

CbbLe
September 10, 2004, 1:44 pm
Soap sucks..let's all whoop his ass. ROARRRR!!!!

Soap
September 10, 2004, 2:04 pm
:(

Melba
September 10, 2004, 2:09 pm
i dont get it... wtf are you talking about Soap, doesn't make any sense.
and :

quote:even if they still make money from their mario games, how the fuc k would it affect their profit?

"OMG somebody is using mario textures in a soldat map, now, i'm not going to buy that mario game i was thinking of buying earlier, DAMNIT!"

what a stupid thing you brought up, fuc king moron

quote:You, sir, have been flagged for review. Have fun in ban town.

wtf for?! for swearing? for saying what everybody knows anyway?

grand_diablo
September 10, 2004, 2:55 pm
There are various (freeware) games with Super Mario out there, and since Soldat Maps usually dont cost any money, I dont think Nintendo will feel harmed in any way (and I dont think they will ever recognize this map).

Such fangames or things using mario stuff are usually seen as some kind of free advertising. Still, this could have been said in a politer way, without need to avoid the word filter (looks at paradox)

Hitman
September 10, 2004, 10:01 pm
Calm down people, Soaps just trying to make a point, you always have to resort to swearing and insulting, it's almost pathetic really.

Although I don't entirely agree with it, I understand what he's trying to say. I'm sure you all would be pissed off if some other game used some of Soldat's textures for their maps, or game even, without asking Michal. Although unnecessary, Soap's point is completely valid, and in reality, you don't have an argument against it, you are using another games textures without permission; simple as that.

Nice map btw :)

DeafBox
September 11, 2004, 12:36 am
quote:Soap's point is completely valid, and in reality, you don't have an argument against it, you are using another games textures without permission; simple as that.

ya but more over the point is he made this map, is not asking for money and is in no way benefiting financial from the haxored graphics. So the comparisions to mp3's and stuff is silly......

map looks nice tho :)

papasurf31
September 11, 2004, 12:55 am
The map is well done and, although uses mario game sprites, has been modified adequately to show that it is indeed an original piece of work. Urhos could possibly considered a ripper in that aspect, but in the whole scheme of things, does it really matter? The map plays well, looks even better, and is pretty entertaining with the SMB theme in the background. Nintendo doesn't give a [:-censored], and neither should anyone here. It's made by a fan for fans, not an attempt to copy or mimic anything. Good Job Urhos, and keep kicking ass.

n00bface
September 11, 2004, 8:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
Calm down people, Soaps just trying to make a point, you always have to resort to swearing and insulting, it's almost pathetic really.

Although I don't entirely agree with it, I understand what he's trying to say. I'm sure you all would be pissed off if some other game used some of Soldat's textures for their maps, or game even, without asking Michal. Although unnecessary, Soap's point is completely valid, and in reality, you don't have an argument against it, you are using another games textures without permission; simple as that.

Nice map btw :)

Hi hitman!!1 And no, it would be cool.