( search forums )
Color of the map list
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
chakapoko maker
September 10, 2004, 3:35 am
just take a look at the pics.

--

#1:black font with white background (the apparence on default windows color)
[file]maplist_whitefont.jpg,14214,,0[/file]

#2:white font with black background (the apparence on my windows color arrangement)
[file]maplist_blackfont.jpg,14214,,0[/file]

--

i really hate glaring screen to hurt my eyes. so i use black for my pc's background color and use white for the font's. unfortunately some apprications don't support the arrangement of color correctly like the picture, so i can see only highlight on my usual color. the annoying thing always stays when i want to read the list... i hope it's fixed.

EDIT:
to know the situation, first just set your pc's color coordinate "high-contrast black" or like that, which has black background color and white font. then start soldat and check the map list. it will be #2 pic. it's up to the coding thing, maybe.

peemonkey
September 10, 2004, 4:00 am
kinda pointless?

The Geologist
September 10, 2004, 4:37 am
Very pointless...take an Aspirin or something, or wear sunglasses.

peemonkey
September 10, 2004, 4:40 am
get out more :P

chakapoko maker
September 10, 2004, 5:02 am
i edited the first post. got it?
guess i always search a map with the highlight scope as you try to find something by candlelight in dark. i know it will fix if i use no-problem-color for my desktop design. but it's also a thing bugged.

peemonkey
September 10, 2004, 5:37 am
your english or translator isn't quite up-to-par

GluLm
September 10, 2004, 12:06 pm
I agree with chakapoko maker.
This happened to me too when I changed the windows colours. (It wasn't the only application that appeared like this)
Also the maplist could be wider to get more handy...

kevith
September 10, 2004, 2:34 pm
So because of your windows color settings, you can't read the map list (except for whatever is highlighted). Did I understand that correctly? How could this be fixed? Could it just be set to use the same color fonts as well as background from the Windows settings? (Since apparently the problem is that the map list incorporates the Windows background color but uses it's own font.)

DT
September 10, 2004, 3:18 pm
i don't get it... whats the point of this... its fine thats its white...

chakapoko maker
September 10, 2004, 3:54 pm
>>kevith
>So because of your windows color settings, you can't read the map list (except for whatever is highlighted).

Yes, you're right.

>Could it just be set to use the same color fonts as well as background from the Windows settings? (Since apparently the problem is that the map list incorporates the Windows background color but uses it's own font.)

Yes, I hope so, because all of softwares doesn't have the same trouble of a list box. I'm not a coder so I have no idea.