( search forums )
Screw that alternative route crap, how about this
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Soap
September 10, 2004, 3:42 am
[IMAGE]

This is a map I've always dreamt of making and or/playing on. It's a fairly unconventional map, but I think it would rock hard. The reason for this is that there is no alternative route to the flag. Both teams have to cross no man's land and have a proper battle in the center to get to the other side. No hidden tunnels or any of that bull [:-censored]. Also, no jet packs.

I really want to stress the details with no man's land. It would be totally awesome if the players would have to crouch down in the trenches to avoid being shot, wait for the other team to stop firing at them, then make a mad dash for the next trench or crater while struggling through razor wire and tank traps.

This would rock in realistic mode, maybe even with a few stationary guns.

paramud
September 10, 2004, 3:56 am
eh i was gonna make a map like this... great minds think alike i suppose. but i would need to red/l the mapmaker.

peemonkey
September 10, 2004, 4:02 am
made like, 60 of these. thye dont rock as hard as you think. youll bitch about snipers within 5 minutes, and spammers too.

kevith
September 10, 2004, 2:39 pm
Every game would end in a 0-0 tie, but it looks interesting. I've always thought it would be kinda cool to have a map like that but is just covered with the tall grass you can hide in. You would have to prone and crawl your way to the other side...

DNA.styx
September 10, 2004, 6:18 pm
Soap, please refrain from swearing on the forum.

papasurf31
September 11, 2004, 12:58 am
I thought swearing was perfectly fine, as long as it wasn't done in excess. I like the idea and would work really well if Survival mode was implemented.

peemonkey
September 11, 2004, 1:18 am
it is implemented :/

Soap
September 11, 2004, 4:10 am
I think I'm going to go ahead and make this map. I've been procrastinating making a map for so long, so I'm going to carry through with this one. I won't be upset if it is a complete failure.

Unlucky 13
September 11, 2004, 4:59 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
it is implemented :/

Not in CTF for all i know, but then again, it is implemented.

Nice idea, but kevith is kind of right, with survival mode, that wouldnt be the case..

Deleted User
September 11, 2004, 9:30 am
Eugh, give it a little bit of jet. Only a bit, but having NONE is horrible, especially for cratered maps.

This map would probably be better on a red v blue teammatch.

GluLm
September 11, 2004, 9:42 pm
I agree with Stalky on all points... can't say much.
Grabing the flag on such map (even with a tiny bit of jetpack) is too hard I think.
A teammatch of would be better maybe... or an INF? :)
Good luck anyhow.

lieroguy
September 25, 2004, 6:04 pm
Actually I really like this idea. I love playing Teammatch Lagrange in survival/realistic mode, and I think the map would rock. Did you ever get anywhere in making it?

Boxo
October 5, 2004, 1:04 pm
Not a new idea by any means, even i've made one:
http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/host/sml/?p=data/mapinfo&id=23&type=omaps

I love all maps with this concept, tho, so do make a map like that. :>

Urhos
October 6, 2004, 3:45 pm
Make this, and it'll be added to the c'n's server map cycle ;Q

Chakra
October 6, 2004, 4:46 pm
soldat could do with a ctf version of lagrange....problem is, making it not impossible. You work it out.

Toumaz
October 7, 2004, 2:07 pm
That would be a great map!
I hope someone makes a map like that.

Wills59
October 25, 2004, 1:53 am
Chaka, i've made a ctf version of lagrange, as in it has alternative routes, and NO jet.

I releaced it a while ago, i think i called it Bridges or something.. just search under me in the mapforum and you may find it... I'm still hosting it online

Tribersman-FR
October 26, 2004, 12:13 pm
I have already do a map like this ...

just ...

it's a WWII map
you can see the screen in "new map" -> topic : "Metal gear solid and WWII map"

donwnload here :
http://membres.lycos.fr/kalay01/Tribersman.rar

no jet but I have test it's difficult to snipe here
the bunker are not invincible and the camp are not a good idea in the battlefield :D

STEELIX
October 26, 2004, 1:22 pm
kinda reminds me of the trench warfare in the first world war....

BManx2000
October 26, 2004, 2:50 pm
Your sig is too wide.

Hitman
October 26, 2004, 3:24 pm
Wow, if those are the statistics for this week, as in this week which started Monday the 25, then you're really sad.

grand_diablo
October 26, 2004, 3:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
Wow, if those are the statistics for this week, as in this week which started Monday the 25, then you're really sad.

Stick to the topic please, and the topic is not this guy's Soldat addiciton ;)

Rhombus
October 26, 2004, 3:55 pm
Oh my god, I never saw anybody say something negative against hitman before... well, except me :p

STEELIX
October 26, 2004, 4:22 pm
lets just stick to the topic :$

and anyway, its not even possible that i played 25 hours since monday, since i havent even played soldat this week -_-

Hitman
October 26, 2004, 4:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablo
quote:Originally posted by Hitman

Stick to the topic please, and the topic is not this guy's Soldat addiciton ;)
Jawohl mein schatz.

STEELIX
October 26, 2004, 4:35 pm
fu -_-

billybongbaby
October 31, 2004, 7:16 am
I think that map would pwn! I'm gettin started on 1 right now, i'll be sure to get it to you when it's done.

Tha Doggfather
October 31, 2004, 10:28 am
All of your attempts will be in vain, for i will make a version too. hah!

j/k, maybe ill have a go at it when im really really bored.

Soulsnipa
November 1, 2004, 9:18 pm
ill make a lagrance ctf...no problem thx for the idea suckaz

Jello
November 6, 2004, 2:59 am
Nice idea. Very nice. I agree that there would probably be tons of snipers, in the bunkers particularly.
But hey, arent there always tons of snipers? Good stuff, I'd play it. Realistic mode would be a nice touch too.

billybongbaby
November 7, 2004, 7:39 am
I made a map, check in the New Map section for it. :P

Will
November 11, 2004, 11:38 am
gah, i will make lagrance ctf, just get the main map and change it to a ctf lol.

T-Money
November 13, 2004, 7:57 am
I tried this out. I made a very simple, basic, ugly map and tried it, and it works like [IMAGE] in CTF. A reverse INF or TDM is the best thing for this kind of map. Personally, if you're going for the whole "real-world" war situation, what with the trenches, no jets, realistic mode etc, it would be a lot better as a reverse INF, making one team fight their way across until they manage to crack the enemy base. It's actually lots of fun that way, although I've only played with bots sofar.

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 17, 2004, 7:42 am
quote:Originally posted by SoapI think I'm going to go ahead and make this map. I've been procrastinating making a map for so long, so I'm going to carry through with this one. I won't be upset if it is a complete failure.

yes i like the idea, i am in2 thoes type of maps so go 4 it.
i have been puttinmg off making a map of my own, maybe i should just go 4 it lyke u!
i like yer map.