( search forums )
/nick
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
KnOt
September 10, 2004, 11:54 am
You should be able to change your name while playing ... like lets say your nick was 'Asshole' .. you could type /nick Asshat and then a message would appear for everyone on the server saying 'Asshole is now known as Asshat'

However, if there is someone with the nick 'Asshat' in the server already, then you should get a message saying 'Error: Nick already in use'

( Kinda like irc :F )

Hektik Sniper
September 10, 2004, 12:01 pm
Yeah i like this idea, Hardly see a game without something like this nowadays.

b00stA
September 10, 2004, 1:08 pm
Why would you want to change your name anyway?

I'm not totally against it, but I don't like it either.. simply because it's something I would never use.
Maybe it's the annoying nick changing you see on IRC and the fancy scrolling stuff in games with the Q3 engine..

Kazuki
September 10, 2004, 1:46 pm
I'm not all against it either, but I don't like it, really. It would be kind of annoying to see everyone changing their Soldat names, knowing that they can change it back anytime they want.

1) It would be confusing.
2) It would be annoying, only in some cases.
3) It could be useful if something was added or subtracted.

:D So that's pretty much what I think.

DT
September 10, 2004, 3:16 pm
you can always exit the game and go to player....

DeMonIc
September 10, 2004, 3:54 pm
Bleh, but sometimes funny things come up, and you don't wanna exit and lose your score, so you change your nick ingame.
/nick Me likes it.

Subslider
September 10, 2004, 5:28 pm
this could come handy.. i remember when i played CW's al lot of ppl always had to changes their names first and stuff now if ya can do that ingame would be faster..:P

Liber_Lupus
September 10, 2004, 6:50 pm
That proves it. Someone who suggested it before got flamed by: "omg its useless, get lost moron"
now when knot posted it, people are like: "ok". Well i think its an ok idea. Example: Your exiting the server, go to options, change name and try to connect back. Server full. Without the /nick you woulnt have to leave.

blackdevil0742
September 10, 2004, 7:12 pm
I don't change my name so often but it could get useful some times so I'm for it.

papasurf31
September 11, 2004, 12:34 am
I like the idea. Go for it.

Unlucky 13
September 11, 2004, 4:50 am
The idea dont change the game critically, go for it!

Spectral
September 11, 2004, 5:37 am
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki

1) It would be confusing.
2) It would be annoying, only in some cases.
3) It could be useful if something was added or subtracted.

well I dont think people would use it all that much for it to cause much confusion nor annoyance

KnOt
September 11, 2004, 11:55 am
quote:Originally posted by DT
you can always exit the game and go to options....

But why do that when there's a command? Commands r0x0r your b0x0rs mate. This is just a suggestiom to make something slightely easier.. tis these suggestions that help the game a lot.

And exactly, it's not like people would be constantly changing their names.. And if some asshat does try and spam like that he should get kicked for 15 minutes..

Dathker
September 11, 2004, 11:59 am
yeah i support it although, just like emotes its not really needed but its nice to have :)

Alamo
September 11, 2004, 12:10 pm
yeah, why not. should definitely in the game, though i wouldn't use it.

rain_fin
September 14, 2004, 1:33 pm
I don't like this idea. Then all are just changing their names. It's not hard to change from Options? or is it?

ThaD
September 14, 2004, 3:16 pm
to stop abusing this command changing nick once per let's say 10 minutes should be allowed

and it would be helpful

DT
September 15, 2004, 3:59 pm
you can always exit the game and go to player

Dark_Noddy
September 15, 2004, 8:08 pm
AND THEN TRY TO REJOIN THE SERVER WICH IS FULL !!!!

This Idea is bad anyways, enuff [:-censored] for the newbs to [:-censored] round with allready !

Stitch
October 4, 2004, 4:28 pm
i really missed the /nick option. It's the first command i typed in. Maybe its an idea to only let the nick change after 10 mins or so. i mean... when everybody constantly changes their nick it sucks. (although thats also not the case on irc).

/nick has my vote! :)

arC
October 5, 2004, 9:25 am
quote:Originally posted by KnOt
However, if there is someone with the nick 'Asshat' in the server already, then you should get a message saying 'Error: Nick already in use'

Or it should automatically put a (#) on the end.

KnOt
October 5, 2004, 10:04 am
Asshat(1) ^_^