( search forums )
Vote Poll
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Elephant_Hunter
September 11, 2004, 10:36 pm
I'm sick of it. Everywhere I go online in Soldat, I have fun. But alas, it's only until some accursed wretch comes to take it away! That is all about to be changed with a simple, easy to implement new voting system.

Say "Yo Mama" gets on everyone's nerves :
- You press escape
- Click "Vote Kick Player"
- Select Yo Mama from the list

Viola! Suddenly everyone is encountered with a vote kick option.
[IMAGE]

They can either :
a) Click on the option, or...
b) Press the associated numpad / F(#) key

Obviously, there will be limitations to prevent spamming via kick dialog.

Denacke
September 11, 2004, 10:42 pm
Been suggested multiple times before, and yes it should be in teh game for sure!

Edit: Maybe we could get a "Mute" option too, In case someone is using foul language :P

Spectral
September 11, 2004, 10:55 pm
should also be for same for vote map

Elephant_Hunter
September 11, 2004, 11:09 pm
Has it been suggested? Good, That's all the more support. I searched for the word "kick" (Archived, Game Improvements / Suggestions, All dates), looked through 7 pages of listings and couldn't find anything like this. No matter.

kevith
September 11, 2004, 11:37 pm
I like this idea, but I'd be worried about idiots constantly proposing votes and thus spamming your screen just to be annoying.

Here are two threads where something similar was suggested in the course of the discussion. I'm pretty sure there are more but I didn't want to look anymore ;)
vote kick?
Calling Votes

Elephant_Hunter
September 12, 2004, 1:39 am
Then you could just kick the one spamming.

Cookie.
September 12, 2004, 3:55 am
i like this idea very similar to what they use in bf1942 and it really dosnt interfere with gameplay

Spectral
September 12, 2004, 5:23 am
make it clear, with just the type showing, like what currently happens when someone picks a map to vote, and the alert goes up for everyone. that would be fine

Elephant_Hunter
September 12, 2004, 6:35 am
The box doesn't even have to be that big, hell... it doesn't need to be a box. As long as everyone can see the results and vote with a press of a key.

b00stA
September 12, 2004, 12:58 pm
Yup, should definately be implemented.
Just some text that appears in the console "UbarSoldat started a poll to kick h4x0r. F1 for YES. F2 for NO."
as long as the vote is running there would be a constant text showing the current amount of votes, like:
[code]Yes: 4
No: 2[/code]

Subslider
September 12, 2004, 2:08 pm
yea.. only 1 thing..

make sure that the "close" option is keybord number 1..
that way ppl who dont want to vote dont automaticly press 1..

i saw it in cs a lot ppl who really dont care just press 1 to get rid of the vote box..

get it?..:P

LazehBoi
September 12, 2004, 2:17 pm
Good idea, I would definatly use it. Also, like in other games there can be an anti call vote spam thing, like you can't call votes every minute or whatever.

Duke33
September 12, 2004, 7:59 pm
I like it. Right now, the vote kick doesn't do much. With this, it would actually mean something. Just a little thing; don't use numpad keys, because some people use laptops. An F (#) key would be the best - that way the voting buttons wouldn't (potentially) interfere with people's keyboard controls.
Good idea, anyways.

FliesLikeABrick
September 12, 2004, 8:56 pm
this is one of the few game suggestions/changes that i support.

DeafBox
September 13, 2004, 12:13 am
*pushes F1*

The Geologist
September 13, 2004, 12:50 am
A big hell yes here...good thinkin'! [:D]

liquidis x snake
September 13, 2004, 1:20 am
Good ol' Counter-Strike.

I support this idea, and I suggest that there be a time limit on how many votes can be called (every minute, 2 min, 5 min, etc.)

I didn't bother reading all of the posts so sorry if I repeated anything.

Anyway, all for this idea.

Jap_man
September 13, 2004, 9:48 am
It'll certainly be a good replacement for the current voting system.
Good idea ;D

Elephant_Hunter
September 13, 2004, 2:06 pm
Funky coincidence. I made "Yo Mama" up from the top of my head and just the other day for the first time ever I actually saw somebody with that name in Soldat.

DT
September 13, 2004, 3:56 pm

Elephant_Hunter
September 14, 2004, 2:18 pm
4? You confuse me.

qazwertred
September 14, 2004, 2:25 pm
I think it would be best if you were able to choose the keys for yourself, as it is with the controls right now.

DT
September 14, 2004, 4:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
Yup, should definately be implemented.
Just some text that appears in the console "UbarSoldat started a poll to kick h4x0r. F1 for YES. F2 for NO."
as long as the vote is running there would be a constant text showing the current amount of votes, like:
[code]Yes: 4
No: 2[/code]

WHO VOTES FOR IT SAY YEA OR NAH!!(losers say nah)YEA!!!

LazehBoi
September 14, 2004, 4:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Duke33
I like it. Right now, the vote kick doesn't do much. With this, it would actually mean something. Just a little thing; don't use numpad keys, because some people use laptops. An F (#) key would be the best - that way the voting buttons wouldn't (potentially) interfere with people's keyboard controls.
Good idea, anyways.

Heheh, yeah, but theres always that function button! Yeah.
BTW: Yo mama got owned. 7/1. ;D

Elephant_Hunter
September 14, 2004, 8:31 pm
I'm getting alot of support for this idea, and I certainly did not expect a reply from b00stA. Perhaps it should go on Kazuki's list of suggestions.

Subslider
September 14, 2004, 8:37 pm
perhaps michal should get a hold of this...

have you tried pm-ing him?

Elephant_Hunter
September 15, 2004, 2:03 am
Never thought of that. I hope that his box isn't barraged with Messages from noobs about vehicals and stuff. I'll give it a shot.

DT
September 15, 2004, 3:23 pm
is he even arond?0_o

Elephant_Hunter
September 15, 2004, 4:13 pm
Ya, his "Recent Topics" changes from time to time.

Subslider
September 15, 2004, 4:38 pm
yea he comes here every now and then just look at the "last visited on" on staff list..
he just doesnt post that much..

Michal Marcinkowski
September 15, 2004, 6:22 pm
I'm not happy with the current voting system too. I think it needs a change and this modification would be good. I'll try to make it. Just one thing, it bothered me in other games, when the kick menu shows up you have to press 1 or 2 but if you want to ignore it and select a weapon? Maybe it should dissapear when the weapons menu show up...

b00stA
September 15, 2004, 6:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
I'm not happy with the current voting system too. I think it needs a change and this modification would be good. I'll try to make it. Just one thing, it bothered me in other games, when the kick menu shows up you have to press 1 or 2 but if you want to ignore it and select a weapon? Maybe it should dissapear when the weapons menu show up...

F1 and F2?

Elephant_Hunter
September 15, 2004, 8:40 pm
I think either way would work out. Suppressing the Vote Kick box while the weapon list is up would be quite fine, although it may be easier to use F# keys like Duke33 suggested. I just checked the manual, F11 & F12 should be open (unless you have plans for them already.)

DT
September 16, 2004, 3:20 pm
i'm up for this voting thing...

[file]yes.gif,12724,,[/file]

blackdevil0742
September 16, 2004, 3:23 pm
This is a good suggestion me likes it.

brickman
September 16, 2004, 7:51 pm
As far as I can tell, the vote kick doesn't even do anything. I've never seen someone kicked via it (unless thats what it means by "kicked from console"), except once when I was on my own zombie server I kicked a tker and he was out instantly (although it might have just been several ppl voting to do it before me, 2 or 3 is a high percent on a zombie server).

kevith
September 16, 2004, 8:43 pm
Vote kick does work as long as the vote % is low enough (i.e. not 100). A person that is vote kicked is banned for 30 minutes.

Elephant_Hunter
September 16, 2004, 11:48 pm
People who get kicked definately should not be able to come back immediately.

kevith
September 17, 2004, 1:45 am
They can only come back immediately if their IP changes every time they connect to a server... like most hackers :(

Elephant_Hunter
September 17, 2004, 2:55 am
Are you implying that most hackers use dial-up?

DT
September 18, 2004, 10:47 pm
its harder TO hack you if you got dial-up...

Icarius
September 20, 2004, 9:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski

Set the vote binds to Insert (Yes) and Delete (No) and Make it appear in the chat box or something similar.

DT
September 21, 2004, 3:21 pm
1 and 2 sound easier...
safe to say that this will be implanted???[file]guin.gif,12724,,[/file]

Elephant_Hunter
September 27, 2004, 5:38 am
Well, with the recent announcement about the new release, my hopes are high.

DT
September 27, 2004, 3:47 pm
hope is for the hopeless

Elephant_Hunter
September 27, 2004, 9:58 pm
Then I am hopeless [:-weepn]

DT
September 28, 2004, 3:20 pm
yes you are

diediedie119
January 19, 2005, 1:18 am
DT you [IMAGE] face r u trying to stop the implement

Deleted User
January 19, 2005, 1:23 am
I fully and entirely support this idea. I cannot say it enough!

Meandor
January 19, 2005, 3:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by diediedie119DT you [IMAGE] face r u trying to stop the implement

Would you stop spamming old threads?