( search forums )
Mariachi Mod - It kicks ass
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
El Mariachi
September 12, 2004, 4:22 am
Here it is, sorry for the delay folks, I doubt any of you remember me mentioning this mod three months ago, but, I just forgot. First mod, I plan on making others if you all like this one.

[file]weapons.JPG,15109,,0[/file]

[file]screenshot5.JPG,15109,,0[/file]

[file]screenshot12.JPG,15109,,0[/file]

[file]screenshot13.JPG,15109,,0[/file]

[file]screenshot14.JPG,15109,,0[/file]

Download:
http://www.tomchu.com/pub/mariachi_mod.zip

This mod is based on Robert Rodriguez "El Mariachi" series. You will see weapons and a few sounds from El Mariachi, Desperado, and Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

Many new things, my favourite being Rambo Mode. Instead of a bow, you throw knives! Make sure you pick up a power-up such as Predator, Berserker, or Flame God. Instead of a crappy sound effect, it plays a specific song (depending on which power-up) through the whole length of the time you have that power-up. I hope you enjoy this mod, more will come soon. Please post comments, both negative and positive, and maybe a few ideas for a mod that you'd like to see and I'll consider it.

Unlucky 13
September 12, 2004, 4:26 am
The mod is truly weird, but somehow i like it, GJ

0xSilentx0
September 12, 2004, 4:36 am
lol very classic dude good idea to make most of the things guitars and cases like from the movie ehh....i forgot name antonio bindares

El Mariachi
September 12, 2004, 4:39 am
Thanks a lot. Also, forgive the fuzziness of the images, they are bmp's converted to jpg's, and I didn't feel like retaking them.

0xSilentx0
September 12, 2004, 4:43 am
dang iluv the uzi so mutch lol now mp5 my fav wepon/besides the barret and ruger lol
and also that knife very nice its like the one from the resident evil movie

also that guy with red skin is his name 0xsilentx0 cuse thats me and my look is exactly the same

El Mariachi
September 12, 2004, 4:57 am
The silenced Mac-10? Yeah, it's definately one of my favourites. I'm a fan of the knives too, as you can tell.

damnnation
September 12, 2004, 10:34 am
lol there is a thing on the radio about Mcdonnold's and El Mariachi is in it and it's a bit funny +i like the mod GJ AND TRY MAKING A COOL GOSTEK FOR IT!![:p]

Psyl3ntShad0w
September 12, 2004, 10:52 am
Haha...that's pimp...I even have the Mariachi soundtrack from those 3 movies...

Juno Reactor - Pistolero

That's a tight song.

Deleted User
September 12, 2004, 10:55 am
It looks really good, but I don't like some of the weapons - guitars, guitar cases, 'hand cannon'...and the throwing knife looks poop.

Teh Panda
September 12, 2004, 4:01 pm
Secondaries look pretty crappy...

Melba
September 12, 2004, 4:40 pm
i LOVE the tune it plays when you reload the guitar!

and the tiny tune when you change to chainsaw... [^]

karmazonpl
September 12, 2004, 4:57 pm
I love El Mariachi trilogy, great mod !

Cookie.
September 12, 2004, 9:46 pm
Once apon a time in mexico! i love that m0vie! time to pwn people with a guitar JEJEE!

liquidis x snake
September 12, 2004, 9:48 pm
This mod is derr secks.

T.J.FoRd
September 12, 2004, 11:25 pm
That barret is awesome

papasurf31
September 12, 2004, 11:43 pm
Nice mod. My only suggestions is to move the ak-101 down a bit, move the classical guitar up a bit, and change one of the guitar cases. 2 of the same thing is kinda lame.

El Mariachi
September 13, 2004, 12:23 am
Yeah I know, I was starting to run out of ideas, and I really didn't want to put an M-16 in there, because that would just be too cliche.

Yeah I know, I too was dissapointed with how the knife came out, but I wanted it to look like the one from desperado.

As for the hand cannon, if you've seen Desperado or Once Upon a Time in Mexico, it's basicaly a sawed-off side-by-side.

HellRaider
September 13, 2004, 5:46 am
Why is the AK purple? >.<'

El Mariachi
September 13, 2004, 7:25 am
I'd say its a more bluish gray than purple, and its an AK-101, not your typical 74. And I'm glad you like the sound effects, I did it using a combination of Soldat sound effects and Sound Recorder

Deleted User
September 13, 2004, 10:19 am
to much guitars...
but the rest is cool :)

damnnation
September 13, 2004, 5:14 pm
i want a cool gostek to fit in and maybe some more sounds :)

El Mariachi
September 14, 2004, 1:47 am
I'll make a cool interface for it once a register [^]. At which point I'll also change more sounds and improve the guns, so I probably will end up releasing a second version of it.

Cookie.
September 14, 2004, 4:32 am
uh a question i wanted to ask? did you turn the flame god into a guitar case? because then it would be even more 1337 like in the movie once apon a time in mexico when he burnz teh people! that would be so awesome

El Mariachi
September 14, 2004, 6:56 am
Yes I did, try picking up Flame God

monday______riot
September 14, 2004, 9:43 pm
Great mod. I especially love the classic guitar. My only negative comments are that the AK-101 doesn't look good because it is all one color. The Guitar replacing the Steyr-AUG seemed a little weird to me. I didn't mind the Guitar Case replacing the Minigun, but I didn't like it replacing the LAW for some reason. Besides those few things, everything lookes great, awesome sfx, definitely a mod everyone should try once.

El Mariachi
September 17, 2004, 2:40 am
Thanks a lot, I'm glad that most of you like it. Like I said, I'm planning to release a second version some time in the future.

antiCamper
September 18, 2004, 9:35 am
nice mod...

Messiah
October 31, 2004, 12:01 am
Screenies? They dont work for me ;O

sativa
October 31, 2004, 12:46 am
no some retard moderator changed the looks of the forum, now i can't even change the looks back to the old, the forum code has changed, HALF OF THE [:-censored] DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE CHANGE IT BACK(or has just disapeared)!!!

N1nj@
October 31, 2004, 2:31 am
sativa: are you stupid? first of all, is not some retard moderator changed it. if you have been reading, a SMART ADMIN - DNA.styx had changed the forum to test the speed. dumb ass

sativa
October 31, 2004, 2:36 pm
how should i read that if half of the [:-censored]s isn't reachable, i can't even get into my options only my profile and i'm to lazy to search the forum