( search forums )
I often kill myself when throwing bombs...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
icethawless
September 12, 2004, 8:26 am
When i throw bomb(Phehaps too fast),I often kill myself. Usually I press the 'E' key too fast, and i died with all other players laughing at me to tears.
I think in real battle, a soldier can't be that stupid to throw a bomb so close to himself, at least to some distance.
I wonder if it can be called a bug, but while playing it certainly makes feel unpleasant.

And ,meanwhile, i want to ask a small question:Is camping can be called cheating? I am fond of that, but ours despite me when doing so. Sometimes they even say me cheating... I want to know what is called a real cheat,and how?

The Geologist
September 12, 2004, 8:41 am
You already diagnosed your own problem...throwing them too fast. Throwing out a bunch of nades sometimes gets you blown up, especially when you're shooting and throwing at once. As for camping...no, it definately is NOT cheating. Some people just really dislike it. If they say you're cheating, they're just bitter.

Hercule Poirot
September 12, 2004, 9:12 am
yes throwing nades too fast causes suicides

and cheats are bad

camping (especially with barret) is just lame not cheating :Q

Alamo
September 12, 2004, 10:09 am
bomb = grenade.
If you fly up left or up right and throw grenades too fast that happens sometimes. Yes, it's a bug and is has been reported already.
Camping is not cheating. Although it is considered lame.
A real cheat is something that really changes the game (camping doesn't) like freezing health, jets or making weapons shoot faster for example.

CbbLe
September 12, 2004, 10:28 am
1. yes, you press it too fast

2. camping is not cheating. the other guy's are just bad loosers

Deleted User
September 13, 2004, 10:52 am
aah!
now i know why i die so much when im trowing granades
thx guys [:P]

Kexman
September 16, 2004, 3:22 pm
I think throwing the nades too fast isn't the problem, I died several times by throwing only one nade, but DOWNWARDS. And I think THAT's the cause of blowing up yourself. So what i think is, when you throw a nade, it gets over the "throwing period" and becomes separate too quick, and it hits yor feet...

The Geologist
September 16, 2004, 7:06 pm
Wow...we've said the same thing about five times in a row now. I think this is enough.

Alamo
September 16, 2004, 9:20 pm
Guess why this happens?
All the responses are in a queue to be reviewed by a moderator. In the meantime others can write and get into the queue too. No a moderator thinks 'hey, let's admit some stuff' and admits them all, because they are all ok. ha!

Dathker
September 17, 2004, 12:51 am
number one... press and hold. number two... if you are flying, don't slow down or you die

The Geologist
September 17, 2004, 5:43 pm
Point noted Alamo [:D]. But someone needs to lock this up already...we've got six responces to the same question, and suprise...they all say the same thing. Nothing new to be said on the topic.

b00stA
September 18, 2004, 12:48 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
Point noted Alamo [:D]. But someone needs to lock this up already...we've got six responces to the same question, and suprise...they all say the same thing. Nothing new to be said on the topic.

hehe.. I wanted to start by rejecting your post :)

Michal probably knows about this.. well, he fixed the 1.0.5b nade bug.