( search forums )
Fraps trouble - 2kb
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
chakapoko maker
September 13, 2004, 2:07 pm
First, I have searched this forum and the net and found some topics about this but there's no solution for me. And they here is old to bump so I made a new topic. This topic is wrong here but I think here is a place people who use Fraps stay.

Problem of recording
Start fraps then soldat, or do the reverse order, though the result is the same. There is FPS in the corner of game screen by fraps. And when I try to record avi. Fraps immediately stops recording and it makes an 2kb avi file. Also it can't capture the screen as bmp. it's practically only useful for me to see the FPS ;(

No problem of recording in other DirectX based game, Splatter Mario (www.superjer.com, the site of "McDiddy's merchandise")
In this case fraps works well. I can record the movie and capture the screen, though the movie resolution is cut down to 640*480 because the game has no video setting. Anyway it works.

What I have tried
- set desttop color depth as 16 bit or 32 bit
- set soldat color depth as 16 bit or 32 bit
- checked both fullscreen and window mode

System
CPU: Athlon 1.1GHz
RAM: 512MB
HD: 40GB (available 18 GB), 5400RPM
Video: Geforce2MX 32MB
DirectX: 9.0b (no problem by dxdiag)
usual soldat FPS: 150
Fraps: ver 1.9D (freeware)

I know this 2kb thing is written on the FAQ but the old 1.9D is not suppurted in this date. I'd like to update DirectX and Video driver for a last resort because it can't be undo-ed. Any ideas?

LazehBoi
September 13, 2004, 2:32 pm
I don't know why that happens, but Soldat's and Fraps' recording key are both F8, that might be the problem. Try changing the mapped key for Fraps.

Yeah... just read your post again, if you can capture other things it's likely to be that the computer doesn't like two things recording at once. When I had fraps I changed it to another key, made a demo using the Soldat capturer thing, then captured the demo using Fraps, it's easier that way. ;D

b00stA
September 13, 2004, 2:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by chakapoko maker
First, I have searched this forum
Obviously not good enough:
Fraps and 2k video files

Just try Fraps 1.9A instead of 1.9D. If that doesn't work, read the rest of the topic.

I'm using F9 to capture with Fraps fyi.

chakapoko maker
September 13, 2004, 5:11 pm
1.9D works well for me. Sorry, and thanks for the solution, b00stA and LazehBoi[:)]

quote:Originally posted by b00stA

I'm using F9 to capture with Fraps fyi.

I know the F9 fucntion! ROAR!!

R0L4ND
September 14, 2004, 3:58 pm
hr hr hr *snarl*, I thought you said "faps". Hr hr.

Deleted User
September 14, 2004, 6:31 pm
There's the cue to lock the topic...