( search forums )
Solid Snake/Hitman replacement mods- NEED HELP
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Raijin1999
September 14, 2004, 12:53 pm
I spat out a Snake mod (Snake a la MGS1), but am looking for some help with weapons. Snake looks okay, save for his horribly horribly ugly 'helmet' head which is a really horribly horribly ugly rendition of a gasmask. (Hat = His trusty gray bandana)
First off, weapon sounds from the MG series. I needs some, or if anybody wants to compile them, i'd appreciate it. Send me the zipped sounds, and I can put them together with the Gosteks.
Also, need the death sound to replace Arnold's scream, with a Snake "ARGH!".

Here's the weapons list so far

Dual Eagles> Ocelot's Revolvers from MGS1/2
MP5> SBP(90?) from MGS2
AK-74> Famas from MGS1
Steyr Aug> M4 from MGS2
Shotgun> Shotgun from MGS2 (some heavy guards used it)
Ruger> Ninja's Gun Arm from MGS1
G.Launcher> G.Launcher from MGS2
Barret> Good ol' PSG1 from MGS1/2
Mini> Not sure what to use
Gatling> Raven's Fatty-Boom-Batty Gatling Gun from MGS1

Socom> Socom from MGS1 or USP from MGS2
Knife> Olga's Knife from MGS2
Chainsaw> Ninja's HF Katana from MGS1
Law> Stinger from MGS1/2

The Mini has me stumped. I was thinking about a seperated version of the gun mounted on the getaway vehicle in the ending of MGS1, but somehow, that doesn't seem as fun. I think some of the terrorists in MGS2 (grays) has AN-94's. I know they didn't carry AK's. Maybe that could work, whatever it was. Was also thinking of adding the silencer to the Socom or USP. It's a relatively weak weapon, so if a silenced shot was added to the sfx, you might get away with a few extra shots on unexpecting enemies (online, as bots can read you no matter where you are).

Anyhow, here's the Snake mod as is. Anyone feel free to edit that ugly helmet/gas mask. I have trouble respacing the helmet, and matching it up with the left/right facing bmps. (sometimes the helmets will be higher when looking right, lower when looking left, that sorta thing.

http://www.geocities.com/raijin1999/solidsnakesoldat.zip
[IMAGE]

As for Hitman, aka #47, same sity'ation. Got him all finished. But need guns and gunsounds. Should be much easier to find weaps' for Ol' UPC head. Here's his mod.

http://www.geocities.com/raijin1999/hitmansoldat.zip
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
September 14, 2004, 1:10 pm
i guess i can help you with the weapons

damnnation
September 14, 2004, 5:21 pm
post screenies of the guns

peemonkey
September 14, 2004, 7:20 pm
interface*

monday______riot
September 14, 2004, 9:38 pm
Nice job on the Hitman gostek. Also, you mentioned earlier about how adding a silencer to the Socom sfx, you might get fire a few mor shots before the target noticed. That wouldn't work unless the other person was using either your mod or a mod with a silenced Socom sfx.

kkazican
September 14, 2004, 9:58 pm
in MGS2 there were AK-74's. If you want to be more original then maybe you could make it those guns the terrorists used in the central shell 2. I forget what is was so you may have mentioned it.

Rhombus
September 21, 2004, 2:52 pm
He wants to use FAMAS instead of AK.
Id say use Ak-s 74u instead of FAMAS, and FAMAS instead of M4

Raijin1999
October 3, 2004, 5:27 pm
I don't do interface. Not yet anyway. As far as weapons, they aren't anything worthy of putting up. In other words, average fodder. Filler. Beta. Etc.

Socom sfx was intended, for use with same mod matches, therefore the extra few shots. Was also thinking of erasing the bullet for it. Maybe even dull out the smudge. It'd make your harder to spot, though you'd need to get in some practive with angles/aiming.

M4 looks ugly in any replacement for AK or Steyr, least the ones I tried did. Famas is more memorable, and it's an MGS1 Snake gostek, so the Famas 'd be nicer I think.

Lemme know when you can rip/obtain some MGS1/2 sfx. I'm workin' on a map for the mod using the mapmaker tool, but I can't seem to get the waypoints for side 2 to work. The lil' dudes spawn, and some go where they should, others keep trying to run through anything they run into on the left of the screen.

Also made a Castlevania map, based on the structure from Symphony of the Night, no waypoints though, reasons above.
And currently am waiting on sfx from jedi academy/jedi outcast for gun sounds for my Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper mod.
Clonetroopers head is a little big, but I can dig it. (Damn myself for loving SD anime) Body is a mix between the two troopers and the scouttrooper from ROTJ. Guns are a mix, from the E-11 Blaster Rifle to the Tusken Long Range rifle, to thermal detonators. Current sounds are taken from X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, so it ain't pretty. I'll edit with a link to the trooper gosteks later on in the day (hopefully).

0xSilentx0
October 3, 2004, 6:51 pm
u can use the pics from this site to help u for the interface gfx

http://www.philanthropy-hq.com/mgs2/armes.php

Deleted User
October 3, 2004, 7:24 pm
wow
i think he can use those :)

0xSilentx0
October 3, 2004, 10:55 pm
you welcome :D
Ak-47-AK5-74u
Ruger-Psg1
Baret Psg1-T
M79-RGB6
Law-Stinger
Deagles-Dual Usps(shouldnt be ocelots guns cuse udunno wat its called if uknow wat its called use em)
Ussocom-Socom(or silenced socom shouldnt be m9 cuse its only puts ppl to sleep)
Knife-HF Blade(Ninjas sword),or be creative and make a knife
Chainsaw-HF Blade if its not gunna be da knife
Cluster Nades-C4
Flame God-Fire Extinguishar(can be chainsaw :D)
Predator-Stealth
FN Mini-Fa-Mas
Mini-Metal Gear Ray's Machine Gun(MGS2)

Try that, things i didnt put up r good

if uwant ucan use my silenced socom as a ussocom in ur mod :D
(just give me some credit for it :D)
[file]silencedsocom.ZIP,16487,,0[/file]

Alamo
October 3, 2004, 11:31 pm
The Gosteks look very good :D

Haro1121
October 4, 2004, 4:26 am
That Socom looks very Good Silent *claps* good luck with the mod hope it turns out good like the gosteks

Snake12
October 4, 2004, 7:01 am
My socom is the BEST ^^

You can delete supresor with paint

[file]socom.zip,14461,,0[/file]

Rhombus
October 4, 2004, 11:07 am
quote:Originally posted by 0xSilentx0

Ak-47-AK5-74u
Ruger-Psg1
Baret Psg1-T
M79-RGB6
Law-Stinger
Deagles-Dual Usps(shouldnt be ocelots guns cuse udunno wat its called if uknow wat its called use em)
Ussocom-Socom(or silenced socom shouldnt be m9 cuse its only puts ppl to sleep)
Knife-HF Blade(Ninjas sword),or be creative and make a knife
Chainsaw-HF Blade if its not gunna be da knife
Cluster Nades-C4
Flame God-Fire Extinguishar(can be chainsaw :D)
Predator-Stealth
FN Mini-Fa-Mas
Mini-Metal Gear Ray's Machine Gun(MGS2)

Some suggestions:
Its an AKs 74u thats an S, not a 5
A tranquilizer gun instead of the barrett? are you for real?
Ocelots revolver is called The Colt single action army. Oh wait he has 2 :p
Grenades -> C4????? just use a grenade man.
Fire extinguisher instead of fire creator? hmmm I dont really like it but OK.
Minigun SHOULD be the "fatty-boom-batty" gun :p
It is pretty cool. I would almost say There is only 1 snake, but hey, hes a genetic copy, we could ALL be snake, yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! :p MGS ONLINE WHOOHOO :p

0xSilentx0
October 4, 2004, 12:48 pm
where did i say barret shuld be a silenced gun?and ye clusters shuld be a c4 cuse wen the c4 blows it relly look like tat

o ya and thats an awesome gostek u shuld make a skeloton suit and can i help a little wit interface?

Rhombus
October 4, 2004, 1:18 pm
whahahah tranquilizer is not silenced. well most of the time it is but its not the same thing. tranquilizer puts somebody to sleep. A PSG-1 is the normal sniper rifle, and PSG-1 T is a tranquilizer. Like the M9 pistol. Ring a bell? btw skellie suit would look terrible. And I dont agree with C4 but hey, if thats just me, do what ya want.

0xSilentx0
October 4, 2004, 5:03 pm
sooo can ihelp wit da interface gfx(guns)

the knife can be vamps knife :D
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
October 4, 2004, 7:39 pm
and dont forget: post screenys of the weapon interface when ready :)

0xSilentx0
October 4, 2004, 7:44 pm
im bad at big guns so ill only do the secondaries

my sucky HF Blade
extract the files manually they got no paths
[file]hfkatana.ZIP,16487,,0[/file]

Its bloody :D shopuld it be chainsaw? or do imake vamps knives

[file]mgsinterface.jpg,16487,,0[/file]

Deleted User
October 4, 2004, 7:45 pm
you already know someone to make the prim?

0xSilentx0
October 4, 2004, 7:53 pm
no lol
but i found some pics to help :P

http://groups.msn.com/MetalGearSolidnet/weapons.msnw?albumlist=2

karmazonpl
October 5, 2004, 2:32 am
why silenced socom ? why not silenced 9mm or hardballer ?

Raijin1999
January 27, 2005, 4:16 am
Haven't spoken of this in a while, because I was distracted by the wave of console games that came out in the past few months, but just upgraded to DSL, and am glued to this friggin' computer.

I gots my video capture card working again, so I'm going to rip all the gunsounds as they are heard straight from gameplay. I just might even dabble with interface graphics, though currently, I have 0% knowledge on that subject, other than it can be done. I do intend on making the weaponslist weapon icons, I can do that easily enough. But anyway, I was trying to think of a map design for soldat that would resemble a map from MGS1 AND MGS2. Nothing from 3. I dislike MGS3 with a passion. Too goofy, killed its potential. (Thanks Kojima, you damn arse clown you.)

Though for the sake of MGS3 fans, i'm gonna eventually make a snake mod. It'll be a bit tough, but i'll make it so the basic gosteks uniform will have white, with slightly grey tiger stripes. This will not add much for those who play by "run and gun" standards, but for the many of us who have thoroughly Pwned "The End" at his own game, the tiger camo may come in handy for hiding in the many bushes that soldat maps offer, and I may, if the MGS3 mod turns out well enough, attempt to make various MGS3 maps. (Though there are many Jungle maps in existence that work well enough for now)

Currently just finished the weapons from a recent starwars: Clonetroopers vs Stormtroopers (depending on helmet you wear) mod, complete with ripped sounds from Jedi Outcast/Academy. But that's in another thread.

Basically, to keep this thread on topic, I'd like ideas for the MGS mod maps. Even ideas for MGS2/3 if you feel you have something you want to see done. Though my map making skills are not that great now, as the guides say, practice. And of course if anybody wants to help, i'm down with that too.

One idea that I had was for a CTF mod. Basically it'd be a big snowy plain, going from left to right/right to left, with little obstacles. It'd be a long run to each side, to capture the enemy flags, and the basis of the map will be sniper(wolf)warfare. While players can storm the bases on foot, and try to run-n-gun, snipers, being able to shoot a bullet in scoped mode and track it more or less, across the screen, are to be designed as a constant threat, and ally players should provide cover fire in such a fashion. I was even thinking of making the background pine trees to include Liquid's Parachute, as in the game, and on one side of the map, the truck that Snake used to 'box mail' himself around. That's one idea.

I had another idea to make a simple version of the struts from MGS2. It's somewhat odd to think in 2d at this stage in gaming history, but I can't help but think back to Castlevania (another map i'm working on), and Mario (I won't go there). In terms of Mario's simple map structure, that could work and be as effective as any other map in creation. I'm thinking of making a map with struts, similar to the giant mushroom/tree things you would stand on in the NES' first mario game. (Remember that stage where Bullet Bill would fly at you from all areas, while you jumped from giant 'shroom to giant 'shroom?) There was an ice variation of this stage too. I was thinking of having similar structures in the map. The struts would be basic platforms that stretch from one area to another, while some would have bridges connecting them (a la connecting bridges, sans the gurlogan appearances!), some would require jumping to get across. Fall in the gaps between struts, and down to the oily murky depths of the Big Shell you go. Though, both of these maps are designed to have the focal points on one end, or the other. Basically i'm stuck with CTF maps. Also, is there a way to make the mountable turrets using mapmaker, cuz as is, I can't figure it, and I really want that for the Hoth map (starwars).

Also note: The Hitman and Snake mods are to be two different mods, and the Hitman mod weapons can span from any 3 of the Hitman games. Though, I only own Hitman 1 on PC, and 3 on the PS2.

Svirin Kerath
January 29, 2005, 6:39 pm
like the gosteks. glad to see you're still on here, Rai.. =)

Deleted User
January 29, 2005, 8:12 pm
When do u finish it ? I want play as a "holy gods" Hitman !!! >:D

Raijin1999
February 2, 2005, 9:58 am
Yup. Good to see ya too! I've gotten back into Soldat since I gots my DSL upgraded. Very few ping problems now, so i'm playing all my online capable games and lovin' it.

Aaaaaw crap. I need something from you guys. A simple translation of the body parts in the gosteks. ;( I rebooted my computer with XP, and i forgot to save that and a few other text files to a disc or floppy. Once that's done, off I go to retouch the Hitman mod.
Since there can't be much of a color variation on him, I was thinkin' of adding a simple colored arm band, or maybe shoulder pad to the shoulder in the foreground. It can help differentiate who's who I guess.

Svirin Kerath
February 7, 2005, 11:08 pm
check modding help. =)

Shivorken
February 8, 2005, 5:01 am
rip halo sounds for me plzzzzz!!!!!! Raijin?????? ... only if its possible dat is :D

Raijin1999
February 8, 2005, 8:05 am
Totally possible, but if you can, give me specific sounds you need (could save me the trouble of ripping a crapload of sounds and having to convert them all to small files).

Svirin Kerath
February 8, 2005, 10:54 pm
errr... FAQs. modding FAQs.

darkbluetornado
February 9, 2005, 5:53 am
Ocelot's guns are Single Action Army revolvers

Raijin1999
February 9, 2005, 11:43 am
I shoud have the MGS skins and weapons done by tomorrow, as well as the Hitman weapons. Sounds i'm still working on. I'm going to move the mods over into just one thead, here>

The Raijin Kitty's Mods Thread of Doomy Doom.

Rhombus
February 9, 2005, 6:59 pm
Its called the Colt single action army, and in MGS1 He only had one. 6 bullets, more than enought to kill anything that moves.

And for the fans, from which part is this: "They say its the mark of a good officer...and of a liar!"

Raijin1999
February 10, 2005, 4:55 am
Ocelot to Mr.Dolph- MGS2 Tanker Chapter; talking about his silver tongue. (Ability to preach patriotism to his men).

Rhombus
February 10, 2005, 7:03 am
Lol, another mgs lover :p. Ok this ones a little harder, but isnt too hard: "Are you... a man?"

oooh crap i should be getting on topic... ehm nice gosteks, keep up the good job :p

February 20, 2005, 2:00 am
Urm, could i ask for a blue coloured snake instead of the green one you posted, if it's not too much trouble. I cant seem to get it quite right when i modded ur snake gostek. Just a small request :(

Raijin1999
March 8, 2005, 11:34 pm
I'm doing the metal gear mod next, so i'll include one for ya. (Easy to do if you have photoshop- just edit the hue/saturation settings to twist it ta blue)

^ When completed, will be posted in thread I linked above (Raijin kitty doom thread)