( search forums )
Camo in Soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
lieroguy
September 14, 2004, 7:28 pm
I was just curious, what's a good camoflagued color to have your character wear in soldat? I go for a tactical black look (Not pitch black, but dark grey). It seems to help a lot when hiding in bushes against the very common dark ambience many soldat maps have.

Liber_Lupus
September 14, 2004, 7:38 pm
Stop the hiding and attack

The Noid
September 14, 2004, 7:45 pm
Dont listen to this guy >_>

I for one would like soldat to be more stealthy sometimes not just shoot/kill.The color I use is basically like a bush green the color of many soldat bushes and tree's.

blackdevil0742
September 14, 2004, 8:06 pm
I remember when I first played online with a 56kbs modem. I weared black colors and no head, hiden behind the dead bushes in MrSnowman killed like 30 ppl befor they noticed me :)

Black or darkgreen is the best colors for stealth it depends on the map.

Subslider
September 14, 2004, 8:07 pm
another thing.. make yur head invisibel.. if you really want to camp..

this way you can camp behind a lot of things which a normal figure cant do.. :P

Liber_Lupus
September 14, 2004, 8:26 pm
Its just that i dont hide much. Though when i started soldat i was all greenish and i played alot of DM. it was easy to hide.

blackdevil0742
September 14, 2004, 8:29 pm
If you don't have the Soldat Skin Color Changer you can get it here:

[file]200442213614_sscc.zip,12618,,[/file]

some pics that can help you how to change the color->

[file]screen_001.JPG,12618,,[/file]

[file]screen_002.JPG,12618,,[/file]

and use the barret for best gameplay :)

Denacke
September 14, 2004, 9:31 pm
quote:and use the barret for best gameplay :)
BAD MOVE
Anyway, it doesn't really matter that much in CTF-mode, i just wear nice white pants :)

Alamo
September 14, 2004, 9:35 pm
Maroon Dreadz
Teal Shirt
Black Pants

kevith
September 14, 2004, 9:51 pm
I find that the gray blends in pretty well with the majority of backgrounds with places to hide.

Psyl3ntShad0w
September 14, 2004, 10:25 pm
Mmm...I actually did the hiding thing for awhile. Gray/Green bushy color looks best...no head is a plus, but I like a headed character.

Now I am a bright green with orange flames and black dreds...now...I am Lee, the Taijitsu master from Naruto...haha!

I'm not much of a hider, never really was. :-P

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 14, 2004, 11:36 pm
Hiding is VERY useful in Realistic mode, where after the oppenent passes you, you can go ahead and shoot him without any resistence at all.

Snowden
September 14, 2004, 11:49 pm
The most tactical color isn't what makes you blend in with the scenery most. It's the color that matches most with blood so it's hard for your enemy to tell if you're bloody or not.

N1nj@
September 15, 2004, 12:08 am
What's the point of that? I shoot any one that is an enemy no matter they are close to dieing or not. lol

Anyway, there is no way to hide in a 2D game, the sceneries are too small, when you play fullscreen, you are easily spotted no matter what color your shirt/pant/shoe/hair is. Even headless wouldn't help.

Cookie.
September 15, 2004, 12:16 am
bright bright red like me! everyone thinkz im already dead and bloody lol or do they )_)

lieroguy
September 15, 2004, 1:24 am
I don't hide in DM (unless it's realistic or survivor (or both, my favorite). I do hide when defending the flag.

I rarely use the barrett unless there are not many people on a map, and they're in a run-and-gun mood.

I have the skin color changer program, but thanks anyway for the help, blackdevil (and most everyone else). It's nice to see there are actually sane people who play soldat. However, I don't change my guy's head to invisible. I find it highly distasteful.

Allthough I like stealth, I think soldat shouldn't be changed much. That leaves room for additional error.

BManx2000
September 15, 2004, 1:44 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
Anyway, there is no way to hide in a 2D game, the sceneries are too small, when you play fullscreen, you are easily spotted no matter what color your shirt/pant/shoe/hair is. Even headless wouldn't help.

Oh how wrong you are. Even if you are brightly colored, there are a few sceneries that COMPLETELY conceal you (especially lagrange) if you point your gun down. Also, wearing green reduces your chances of being spotted in grass or a bush by a passer-by who isn't looking for somebody. Finally, no head can help you hide behind a crate while crouched, or keep your head from poking out of a scenery while prone.

N1nj@
September 15, 2004, 2:58 am
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000

Oh how wrong you are. Even if you are brightly colored, there are a few sceneries that COMPLETELY conceal you (especially lagrange) if you point your gun down. Also, wearing green reduces your chances of being spotted in grass or a bush by a passer-by who isn't looking for somebody. Finally, no head can help you hide behind a crate while crouched, or keep your head from poking out of a scenery while prone.
Want to play a hide and seek game? I bet I can find you (obviously without any gostek changes/en-larging weapon etc.).

Cookie.
September 15, 2004, 3:21 am
if you have a crappy video card it makes it way easier to see the oter soldat O_O in example you can see predators heads of headless people and theres weird lines around the soldats... but i have a good video card now woe as me

DT
September 15, 2004, 3:19 pm
i wear dark green shirt... i think... and a dark green pants. but.. i got lime hair...

Psyl3ntShad0w
September 15, 2004, 4:04 pm
What's the point of that? I shoot any one that is an enemy no matter they are close to dieing or not. lol

Err...I usually aim for the close to dead guys first, so they can stop spraying bullets in my direction, then it's easier to concentrate on the more lively targets...I think you last longer this way...

Jaz
September 15, 2004, 4:50 pm
white dreadlocks
white face
white top
white trousers (NOT PANTS)
yellow jets :D.

kkazican
September 15, 2004, 9:49 pm
I went through some unnecessary work to find a good color and I resulted in a medium dark green for the pants. Since in ctf shirt doesn't matter pants are where you need to go. Then change the shirt color to something inconspicuous like faded yellow or a yellow green mixture. Or just go all green it's all good

N1nj@
September 15, 2004, 10:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psyl3ntShad0w

Err...I usually aim for the close to dead guys first, so they can stop spraying bullets in my direction, then it's easier to concentrate on the more lively targets...I think you last longer this way...
I usually aim at the guy who has more health because the shots that missed him, will hit the low-health guy.

BManx2000
September 15, 2004, 10:38 pm
Assuming, of course, that they are all standing in a nice little line... :P

lieroguy
September 16, 2004, 12:37 am
Sometimes when I've got my Fabrique Nationale Minimi out, they might as well all be in a straight line shooting each other.

Viper Sniper
September 16, 2004, 5:42 am
I wear all olive, it matches almost all the bushes in the game.
hmmm.... i wonder why they call me a camper [:D]

Unlucky 13
September 16, 2004, 8:07 am
The origainal looks quite good to me! I use bright colours (I play realistic and sneak up behind people, then *BANG!* deadered them with the trusty SOCOM, do my throwing trick and, voila! Ritual killing!) as I don't like staying still too long, unless I am defending a base!

Toumaz
September 16, 2004, 8:48 am
I have a crappy S3 Virge DX/GX card, and I can see all predators as clear as they wouldn't have the predator. Also all scenery is all messed up and clipped, so I can see almost always spot anyone. :)

Element_101
September 16, 2004, 10:12 am
I wear pure white, including my dreads for the classy look.

lieroguy
September 16, 2004, 6:05 pm
Well, I guess that makes you aptly suited for the Mr. Snowman map.

Alamo
September 16, 2004, 6:09 pm
i want that 'cheater' gfx card :D

Borus
September 16, 2004, 8:33 pm
Im hoping to change it to a 'Zombie' Kind of look... but here's what I'm like now:

Maroon Dreadlocks
Olive Top
Olive Trousers

I see that Hiding is only useful in CTF, it is pointless in TM, DM, or any other gameType that isn't CTF...

I just like to get a minimi or Spas out and get Multi Kills in DM...[:D]

Got a Serial kill with a minimi on DM [:O].

Teh Panda
September 16, 2004, 10:17 pm
Custom colors :)

Borus
September 17, 2004, 11:34 pm
Now I have same Hair...
Dark Skin..
Blackish Top and Bottom...
The Zombie looked good too...
Black top and Bottom, Grey Face/Skin...
and Black Normal Hair..[:P].

wunderbear
September 18, 2004, 1:27 pm
Does anyone know what colour hair the little people in Cannon Fodder had? I have green Shirt, olive pants, but i need to know the hair colour.

Jaz
September 18, 2004, 5:49 pm
pink.

brickman
September 18, 2004, 8:02 pm

I've got the ultimate example of good hiding. You know those things behind the flags in ctf_viet that can obscure defenders? Well, today, I was in a game where the red team had a two point lead, and then I noticed how: one of them would hide in that spot whenever our flag was out so that if we returned the flag he would grab it instantly and bolt. And, even though he was sometimes there for several minutes at a time, noone noticed him for quite a while, until I spotted him running after the flag was returned. Then me and everyone who saw it began using that tactic and we creamed them so bad that they all quit before the game was even over (we were winning before the first one left).
And that was sans-camo colors too. Imagine what you can do with a good outfit!

lieroguy
September 19, 2004, 5:31 am
I've done that one before. Yeah, CTF rocks, becuase it's not only about killing people. It's also about being a rotten sneaky mongrel.

Spectral
September 19, 2004, 10:05 pm
I agree with Jaz. True men wear pink.

Unlucky 13
September 20, 2004, 1:44 am
Heh, I wear the Yellow plus Silver, with orange dreds and a helmet now, change cause I get bored of Aqua and White, with Pink Punk hair...

Spectral
September 20, 2004, 4:01 am
This if foolishness, how many choices would you have trying to be camo besides dark green and a shade of brown?

Unlucky 13
September 20, 2004, 4:11 am
None, thats the point, I don't want Camo. And as I said, the origional colours do best!

DT
September 20, 2004, 3:34 pm
wear dark green... there you go...

SgtSolomon
September 25, 2004, 7:19 pm
My newb character was a medium-dark brownish-green. I tried several colors until I finally found the exact shade of most grass/bushes/random scenery. That seemed pretty handy, but now I usually go for either the everything-pitch-black look or...

Almost black shirt/pants,
dark bluish-gray skin,
light bluish-gray jetflames (this works great on Arena, it almost blends in with the background.)

I'm not sure how useful having your jetflames hidden is, but it's cool. ^_^

Also, has anyone else noticed that when you turn your skin invisible, if you get Pred. mode, it becomes translucent? ...speaking of which, no-head mode = no-class mode, heh.

SGT.Joey
December 12, 2004, 11:22 pm
How do you make your head invisible and get camouflage For your pants and stuff on soldat i have the skin colour changer but i dont know how too make me head invisible.

dr dragon
December 13, 2004, 12:22 am
No point for camouflage, Soldat (my computer) is F---ED up and my colors are always red no matter what.
Screen:
[IMAGE]
(You might have to move a little closer to see these red dots everywhere.)

Jello
December 13, 2004, 2:27 am
I gots the white shirt and fucia Punk 'do. NOt camo at ALL...

Marine
December 13, 2004, 3:29 am
I wear usually my helmet, dogtags, and for clothes, usually olive pants and dark greenish shirt.

Or completely blue when I'm playing blue, on a blue map :-P

The opposite for red.

I also wish soldat had more guerilla warfare... (*sigh) more moments like on the platform above the building on INF_warehouse while I lie down in the bushes, someone runs up and I stab him in the back (good times)

Cookie.
December 13, 2004, 4:44 am
Dr dragon its due to lack of alpha shading :O those red dots are the blood try updating your drivers for your video card which could do it... also tho this may not be such of a disadvantage to you ;) you can see invisible players ie. predators, players during invincible time in survival mode
-=edit=-
god damn thread necromancers...