( search forums )
Request for nerf gun sounds
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
BManx2000
September 15, 2004, 2:56 pm
Thanks to Psyl3ntShad0w's mod suggestion topic, I am now working on a nerf gun mod. Since I always put sounds in my mods, this one will have sounds too. The problem is, I don't own every nerf gun in the world. So, if anyone has any of the following guns, I would ask that they could do me the favor of recording the firing and loading sounds and uploading them so I can use them. Guns I am interested in are:

Manta Ray
Lightnin' Blitz
Crossbow
Koosh Vortex Tornado
Mattel Maximizer
Mattel Ultimator
Pulsator
Wildfire

I'm particularly interested in the Ultimator, since nerfcenter says that "the size and noise that weapon makes when firing will strike fear into anybody's heart." If you're not sure if you have one of these guns or not, go to http://www.nerfcenter.com/

Psyl3ntShad0w
September 15, 2004, 3:58 pm
The Manta Ray, Pulsator, and Wildfire should maybe be in the Nerf Arena Blast...I'm actually not too sure about the Manta Ray though...

I've never personally heard the Ultimator, but I've heard things about it from friends...

::sigh::

peemonkey
September 15, 2004, 11:08 pm
0_0
who's gonna check for authenticity?

Psyl3ntShad0w
September 15, 2004, 11:19 pm
Who ever does? I have yet to find the time to check for authenticity of sounds in any of the Soldat mods I use...

Whoever wants to check is welcome to check, personally I don't care at all.

peemonkey
September 16, 2004, 2:39 am
yea, just get one basic sound a tweek it a bunch of times :P

BManx2000
September 16, 2004, 2:50 am
That's my plan B :P

Alamo
September 16, 2004, 5:36 pm
That's were the verb (to) nerf comes from? ... Awesome.

peemonkey
September 17, 2004, 12:50 am
yes.

BManx2000
September 17, 2004, 2:36 am
When my mod is done, for the first time you will be able to say "nerf the nerf" and have it make sense :P

T.J.FoRd
September 17, 2004, 12:58 pm
you could try tennis ball sounds