( search forums )
Registering for multiple people (RSVP)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Registration help and Shareware questions
MonkeyHead79
September 16, 2004, 6:06 pm
Okay, yesterday I sent payment (via PayPal) for 3 Soldat registrations. (It was a single payment, of $27 USD, for "3 seats" of the program, as DigitalCandle put it.) Only now did I find the thing about discounts when registering for 3 people, but I'm not gonna moan about that, Michal probably needs the money more than me anyway. ;)

Now, today, I received an e-mail with ONE registration key. Is this how it generally works? Do I make copies of the key to send to my friends for whom I also paid? Or did something go wrong along the way and I should e-mail Michal about it?[xx(]

One last thing: if I do e-mail him, do I contact him at michal<at>soldat.pl, like it says in his e-mail, or at michalm<at>poczta.fm, like it says in the DigitalCandle e-mail[?][?]

b00stA
September 16, 2004, 6:45 pm
Yep, you should get 3 different keys, not a single one for all 3 guys.
Contact him via michal@soldat.pl and use "Soldat" and/or "Registration" in the subject so it gets through the spam filter.
Then just tell him what happened (your name, how much you paid, what you got) and tell him the names for the other registration keys you want.

MonkeyHead79
September 16, 2004, 7:01 pm
Thanks very much. If only all first responses to important queries were this useful.[:D]

MonkeyHead79
September 17, 2004, 12:50 am
Okay, now I'm starting to get a bit irritated. I just got an automated e-mail:

** THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY **
** YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE **
Content-Type:

The original message was received at Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:29:05 -0500
from [(ISP info deleted manually)]

----- Transcript of session follows -----
.... while talking to ensim3.fuitadnet.com:
>>> DATA
<<< 451 4.0.0 can not chdir(/var/spool/mqueue.site/): No such file or directory
<michal@soldat.pl>... Deferred: 451 4.0.0 can not chdir(/var/spool/mqueue.site/): No such file or directory
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

Sounds to me like it's being blocked by the spam filter, but the message I sent had a subject line of "Soldat Registration". Shouldn't that have gone through? I WANT MY REGISTRATIONNN[:-weepn]

n00bface
September 17, 2004, 1:57 am
quote:Originally posted by Ho Chi Minh (in a different topic today)
i got mine within the hour :o although he sent me 3.... for some reason

Sounds to me like Ho Chi Minh got what you should've gotten... Hrmm... His spam filter doesn't seem to be letting anything in. I've been trying to email him as well...Hopefully he'll check the forums soon 8(

b00stA
September 17, 2004, 1:38 pm
Imho it doesn't have anything to do with spam filters.. more like a buggy mail server.

Monkeyhead, don't worry, you WILL get your registration keys :)
While the email doesn't seem to work, message him via PM:
http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/privatesend.asp?method=Topic&mname=Michal+Marcinkowski

MonkeyHead79
September 17, 2004, 4:39 pm
I'm not worried that I won't get the keys, I'm just hoping it won't take 2-5 months to get them, as seems to have been the case with a couple people. [:-boggled] Anyway, the PM was a good idea, so I sent him pretty much what I'd written in the e-mail. I'm not used to having a PM system because the forum I "grew up" on (so to speak) had PMs disabled.[^]

EDIT: Cool, Michal got my PM and sent me the keys. Custom jet flames and mp3 playlists, here I come! [8D]

Zero72
September 20, 2004, 6:54 am
The three of us have been looking forward to registering the game for a long damn time. I, needless to say, am really glad this worked out. Custom-colored jet flames, multiple profiles, MP3 music, the works... I'm just overjoyed.[:-slaphappy]

Munkee, you freakin' rule.

b00stA
September 20, 2004, 5:22 pm
Oh, so you guys got your keys?
HF :)