( search forums )
Zero72's Mega Man mod (v1)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Zero72
September 17, 2004, 6:47 pm
Yeah, it's finally done. I belive the zip is roughly 2.8 megs.

List of things modded:

People into Reploids.
Pickups into "cans," like the Energy cans from the classic series.
Explosions into the explosions from X4-X6. (includes sound)
Blood is darker.
Nifty jumping and landing sound effects added.
Weapons into semi-futuristic and occasionally Mega Man-themed recolorations for the most part. Not very imaginitive, I know. Sorry.
Most weapons have a modded firing sound effect, though some of these are shared. Rambo Bow and Flamer not modded.
Tobacco into bubble gum. For no reason at all, really. Cigars are the same, though.

Normal hair is shaggier to resemble Mega Man hair.
Mr. T Style hair has been replaced by a very normal hairdo with a visor a la Protoman. It looks cool if you're wearing a helmet.
No other hairdos were modded.
Helmet = Zero helmet.
Hat = X helmet.
Gold chain = Yellow scarf, a la Protoman again.
Silver chain = Red scarf, because I thought it might look cool on non-red Reploids.

For more information, there is a readme which should just go into your main Soldat folder when you install it (packaged for easy use with the Mod Changer.)

I'm gonna try to send it to Meandor now, but I can't guerantee it will work. Even among crappy connections, this connection sets new standards of crap.[xx(]

In the meantime, gaze upon this poorly-assembled series of screenshots.

Edit: Okaaayyyy, why the hell isn't my poorly-assembled series of screenshots showing up?

Edit: Mod finally uploaded to Meandor's webspace; can be downloaded here: www.turrino.com/soldat/MMmod.zip

Deleted User
September 17, 2004, 7:07 pm
If you can't get them to work send them to me at ville.kallio@gmail.com and i will try.

Zero72
September 17, 2004, 7:10 pm
Sure, I'll do that. Thanks a lot. Hang on a sec, I'll send them presently.

Edit: Sent.

blackdevil0742
September 17, 2004, 7:16 pm
hehe to late
I took it from your file directory:
[file]Zero72Mod.gif,12618,,0[/file]

Very nice mod, I'll download when it's uploaded.

Deleted User
September 17, 2004, 7:24 pm
Looks quite cool. Not the guns really but interface/gostek are good.

Zero72
September 17, 2004, 7:24 pm
Thanks a lot. To both of you, I guess.[:-boggled]

Anyway, there's bad news. I mentioned how lousy my connection is... I haven't got a prayer of making this thing to through E-mail. And furthermore, my CD burner software is screwed up, so I can't get it onto another computer, either.

I'm gonna try to get some new burning software over the weekend. Once I do that, I'll put it on a CD and take it to a computer with a more stable connection, so THEN I can upload it. Jeez.

I worked too damn hard on this thing for all this stuff to start happening now.[:-indifferent]

Edit: Crazy, last-ditch effort: I think I'll try to contact Meandor via MSN. It might have a fraction of a chance at working.

Teh Panda
September 17, 2004, 7:57 pm
OMGOMGOMG. BEST GOSTEK EVA!

blackdevil0742
September 17, 2004, 8:13 pm
Yeah they really look like small megamans, LOL!

BTW:It would look cooler if the guns were like in the mageman games a hand with a gun, I u understood what I tried to say.

Zero72
September 17, 2004, 8:34 pm
I understand what you mean, and I considered it. Just having the weapon firing from an arm cannon an' all that. It's a nice idea in theory, but I don't know if I could execute it. For instance, what would you do when you dropped a weapon? How could you tell the weapons apart? Etc.

I know the weapons I made are uninspired, but you get used to them, and I tried to give them interesting names. You might like a few of them better once you've fired them. I think everybody should spend a minute or two with the Pocket Buster.[:D]

blackdevil0742
September 17, 2004, 8:36 pm
You could color them differently...wich one is the pocket buster?

Zero72
September 17, 2004, 8:53 pm
The Socom.

By the way, I've split the file into 8 framgents using WinRar, and I'm sending them to BovinePlethora as we speak. Once we're done with that, I'll have him E-mail the zip to Meandor for me, so you may not have to wait all weekend after all.[|)]

Edit: Sent!

T.J.FoRd
September 17, 2004, 9:32 pm
I want taht explosion!

Zero72
September 17, 2004, 9:42 pm
The downside to the explosion is that it makes the flamer look pretty weird.

Rambo_6
September 18, 2004, 3:13 am
Hah, that mod looks awesome!

Zeor is ma heor

antiCamper
September 18, 2004, 3:30 am
COOL MOD ! Great screensshots !

CHE_guevara
September 18, 2004, 8:21 pm
LOL!!! The gostek Is Really great!!!

Zero72
September 19, 2004, 1:53 am
I'm glad you're all impressed with the screenshots.

Sure wish it was hosted![:-crazy]

MonkeyHead79
September 19, 2004, 1:54 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6
Zeor is ma heor

Hey, that's my line. [:-irked]

Anyway, I know him personally, so I've got the mod already. Nyah.[^] Come to think of it, any way I could help getting it uploaded? [:-dunce]

BManx2000
September 19, 2004, 2:41 am
Well, you could upload it...

Zero72
September 19, 2004, 3:12 am
Well as far as I know, it should be more or less sitting in Meandor's mailbox, so I want to give that another couple of days before I go looking for alternate hosts.

Should such an occasion arise, I already have two good choices, so I'm all set.

Teh Panda
September 19, 2004, 2:39 pm
GRR. FAST!! I cant wait... WANT TEH GOSTEK NOW!!!!

Sam
September 19, 2004, 4:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000
Well, you could upload it...

Thats actually a very good idea, maybe, just maybe if you uploaded it then maybe, just maybe we could get it soon?.... How abouts it?

Very nice mod btw, i love the guns and explosion.

Teh Panda
September 19, 2004, 7:01 pm
I say: Guns: Crap. Explosion: Goodie. Gostek: TEH ULTIMATEH!
Muah, useless sp4m.

Zero72
September 19, 2004, 7:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Teh Panda
I say: Guns: Crap.Jeez, they're not THAT bad.[:-ouch]

Thanks for your compliments, though.

MonkeyHead79
September 20, 2004, 6:01 am
Perhaps some of them are a little uninspired, but I like them. It wasn't as easy as you might think to get those sound effect either. At least the gostek seems to impress everybody.

Anyway, pending a better host, I have decided to go ahead and TEMPORARILY post it on my own webspace. Temporarily, you hear? I've only got 10 MB of space to use. (Fortunately they don't mind remote linking.)

EDIT: Taken down. It's hosted elsewhere now anyway.

blackdevil0742
September 20, 2004, 6:05 am
I'm downloading it now can't comment it yet collage.
But when I'm home I'll try it.

Unlucky 13
September 20, 2004, 6:23 am
Wow! I am so happy I came in today, otherwise I may never have seen this mod! It all looks quite good! D/L

Zero72
September 20, 2004, 6:47 am
Jeez, Munkee... You get all the sound effects, you buy me a Soldat registration, and now you host the mod for me... You're the man.[|)]

Edit: Mini-contest!

Some of the weapons have non-Mega Man namesakes.

Anybody who can identify any of these namesakes gets a cookie.

Hercule Poirot
September 20, 2004, 1:16 pm
i can host this mod on mah homepage (located on finland) if you send it to me :Q

btw i like guns and interface but gosteks... well i don't like them so much :) anyway gj

Teh Panda
September 20, 2004, 1:34 pm
ME luv ^__^ Yippee i can be megaman now!

Zero72
September 20, 2004, 5:53 pm
Glad you like it.[:-shades]

Hercule Poirot
September 20, 2004, 7:55 pm
meh k http://koti.mbnet.fi/httpclan/Zero72MegaManModFinal.zip

Zero72
September 20, 2004, 8:00 pm
Um... Hmm. Well, ok, thanks.[:-boggled][|)]

Zero72
September 21, 2004, 6:32 pm
Sorry, but I really am just this impatient...

I just wanna make sure a lot of people are noticing this thread.[:-smirk]

blackdevil0742
September 21, 2004, 6:41 pm
I just played Soldat with your mod and it rocked.
The sounds the gostek yeah It was great.

Zero72
September 21, 2004, 6:56 pm
Told you you'd like the weapons better once you fired them.[:-sly]

Really glad you like it.[:D]

Edit: Meandor has uploaded the mod. [:-bonc01]

www.turrino.com/soldat/MMmod.zip

Rhombus
September 22, 2004, 6:49 pm
D/Ling, done, wow thats fast :p just see if its good now [:D]

LazehBoi
September 23, 2004, 12:39 pm
I don't mind the weapons at all, and I love the sounds. xD
Great mod, 8/10.

Toumaz
September 23, 2004, 2:14 pm
Very nice!

Zero72
September 23, 2004, 5:48 pm
Thanks! [:D] I'm really glad people are enjoying it.

In the future, I'll probably make a second version which will replace all the hand-held weapons with arm cannons... but don't hold your breath.

R0L4ND
September 23, 2004, 5:54 pm
Megaman ain't really my cup'o'tea, but this looks nice. I really dig the characters... they really to look like small mega-men. XD

Dathker
September 23, 2004, 11:20 pm
i wuv teh guns the loook soo kute ^_-
/me dls

Urhos
September 23, 2004, 11:46 pm
The gosteks rule ;O

Zero72
September 24, 2004, 3:46 am
Hmm... what can I say that I haven't already said about a dozen times...?

...Nothing, I guess.

Thanks. [:I]

Bovineplethora
September 25, 2004, 1:10 am
Gee, I'm a bit late replying, aren't I? Anyway, the mod rocks and I'm proud to be of assistance.

Blinx
September 25, 2004, 7:04 pm
omfg teh pwnage of teh mod iz ovapwering

i am pwned by teh exsitance

ZEOR FREEND
September 27, 2004, 9:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72
Yeah, it's finally done. I belive the zip is roughly 2.8 megs.

List of things modded:

People into Reploids.
Pickups into "cans," like the Energy cans from the classic series.
Explosions into the explosions from X4-X6. (includes sound)
Blood is darker.
Nifty jumping and landing sound effects added.
Weapons into semi-futuristic and occasionally Mega Man-themed recolorations for the most part. Not very imaginitive, I know. Sorry.
Most weapons have a modded firing sound effect, though some of these are shared. Rambo Bow and Flamer not modded.
Tobacco into bubble gum. For no reason at all, really. Cigars are the same, though.

Normal hair is shaggier to resemble Mega Man hair.
Mr. T Style hair has been replaced by a very normal hairdo with a visor a la Protoman. It looks cool if you're wearing a helmet.
No other hairdos were modded.
Helmet = Zero helmet.
Hat = X helmet.
Gold chain = Yellow scarf, a la Protoman again.
Silver chain = Red scarf, because I thought it might look cool on non-red Reploids.

For more information, there is a readme which should just go into your main Soldat folder when you install it (packaged for easy use with the Mod Changer.)

I'm gonna try to send it to Meandor now, but I can't guerantee it will work. Even among crappy connections, this connection sets new standards of crap.[xx(]

In the meantime, gaze upon this poorly-assembled series of screenshots.

Edit: Okaaayyyy, why the hell isn't my poorly-assembled series of screenshots showing up?

Edit: Mod finally uploaded to Meandor's webspace; can be downloaded here: www.turrino.com/soldat/MMmod.zip
Y4Y ZEOR!!!11!!1

By the way, this is your friend Josh (FutureWorm).

Zero72
September 28, 2004, 4:10 am
Ah-ha, I was wondering.

You actually signed up under the name Zero's Friend, rather than your own real identity? Guess you don't plan on posting here very often.[:-crazy]

Well, thanks, guys.

Deleted User
September 29, 2004, 7:59 am
You should of tryed and made the guns look like they attach to his arms and mad the guns like his buster cannon, but i will still try it.

Deleted User
September 29, 2004, 8:33 am
Ok,, I read the Thread idscard my noobie post like rubbish.

Zero72
September 30, 2004, 6:33 am
No problem.

Like I said, I'll probably wind up making a version two with said improvement.

If I do, though, I can tell you that I'm likely to have a hell of a time thinking up all the weapons.

Nos-D
October 2, 2004, 8:41 pm
the mod looks very cool,but the guns look kind of childes and i didnt really liked it..
the interface Rox,and gostek too.
Nice Work Dude...

Haro1121
October 3, 2004, 7:12 am
[IMAGE] add [ img ] and [/i m g] without the spaces to ur sig and it will work

Great mod by the way make the version 2 soon plz

Jap_man
October 3, 2004, 7:41 am
wow, sweet mod. Keep up the good work man ;D

Zero72
October 3, 2004, 7:16 pm
Thanks a lot, again and again. [:-bonc01] Like I said, I'm not sure when I'll get around to making v2, but you can probably expect it sooner or later.

It doesn't happen very often, but I do get bored. [:P]

Kelba
October 16, 2004, 1:58 am
I was wondering if you could redo health packs. Currents ones are the classic energy tanks, from like MM2, and your X5 Interface...well it just looks too shiny for them.

That, and all the weapons are from the X series, and so are the characters, so they also dont go with health packs.

3rd_account
October 16, 2004, 2:01 pm
As a Mega Mag-fan, I take great offence in that mod. Mega Man didn't carry around guns! He had his trustworthy Mega Buster loaded with various powers. And I haven't even heard of the powers of those guns!

AnzX Vi3t
October 16, 2004, 2:04 pm
Well...I think its a great mod :) reall good ..nicely done XD

Deleted User
October 16, 2004, 2:31 pm
hmmm...
i wont say that its a good mod
(i think its a good mod but you have heard that so many times so i decided not to tell you [:D])

Zero72
October 18, 2004, 1:33 am
quote:Originally posted by Kelba
I was wondering if you could redo health packs. Currents ones are the classic energy tanks, from like MM2, and your X5 Interface...well it just looks too shiny for them.

That, and all the weapons are from the X series, and so are the characters, so they also dont go with health packs.
I know there's a conflict of time lines, but I couldn't think of anything else that looked good for the pickups. I'm rather fond of them. quote:As a Mega Mag-fan, I take great offence in that mod. Mega Man didn't carry around guns! He had his trustworthy Mega Buster loaded with various powers. And I haven't even heard of the powers of those guns!I'm well aware that Mega Man doesn't carry around guns, and I'm obviously painfully aware of the Buster. The reason you haven't heard of these guns is because I made them up. I addressed this issue at least once earlier in the thread. [:-crazy]

Thanks for your further compliments, folks. [:D]

Kelba
October 18, 2004, 3:12 am
Energy Pickups for Soldat can be the Health pickups in the X series.

MercyM
October 18, 2004, 8:41 pm
looks good...

Zero72
October 19, 2004, 3:26 am
quote:Originally posted by Kelba
Energy Pickups for Soldat can be the Health pickups in the X series.
Sadly and stupidly, there is no transparent color for the pickups, so you'd end up with some solid-color square with an energy capsule drawn on it, which is ugly. Furthermore, you'd need a different one for each of the pickups.

Kelba
October 19, 2004, 4:32 am
I mean the actual pickup, not the energy storage container if thats what you mean. The big version is like a hexagon, but if I remember correctly, the smaller health capsules are small squares. Same with Ammo Recharge in Megaman, but u can use the ammo one for another thing in Soldat

Zero72
October 31, 2004, 3:53 am
I edited the name of the thread, not knowing it would bump it like that... Sorry about that.

AnzX Vi3t
November 4, 2004, 2:08 am
Uhh hey...can i get a Screenie plzzz

Zero72
November 9, 2004, 7:01 pm
Aw, damn, the poorly-assembled series of screenshots asploded when the forum changed hosts...

Can a generous person re-post it for me?