( search forums )
wireframe mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
cooz
September 20, 2004, 4:11 pm
hello, do U irritate when playing soldat, in inf being in red team on warehouse map... when u're just runing to the left, there isn't anyone next to u, then u enter enemy base and then PAFF... someone with berret hiding behind one of boxes kills u, if Your answer to this question is YES, then i have something for you...

and it looks like this:
[file]wireframe_mod.jpg,28,,[/file]

those are changed sceneries and with this any camper won't surprise u, it's end of hundrets pll proning behing barrels, bushes, boxes etc, now u can fight with campers on equal rules...

and here is litlle bonus for soldiers whom dont like this small non-jet map:
[file]bonus.jpg,28,,[/file]

oh and last q: should i release this mod?
(and 2 answers - i'll cound them if there'll be interest on my project)

1. f*cking l44t mod, no more any campers, release it!!1 ### * votes
2. no way it's lamish cheating stuff, dont release it! ### * votes

===== Voting Suspended =====
Release date: ...

Deleted User
September 20, 2004, 4:14 pm
I think the only way you can change something to look like that and play online is by hacking it in some way. :Q

(Lame cheating)

cooz
September 20, 2004, 4:27 pm
nope, no hacking - just changed scenery files...

btw could u ppl say what gun are u using? :)

Deleted User
September 20, 2004, 4:30 pm
If you changed scenery files you can't play online. And i am using all the guns.

cooz
September 20, 2004, 4:31 pm
yes i can ;)
(one more time: no hacking stuff)

Deleted User
September 20, 2004, 4:40 pm
It doesn't help anyone else if only you can use them online. ;\

cooz
September 20, 2004, 4:45 pm
dont get it? it helps player who's using it, and if everybody will, then it helps all of them...
and on the end of this story there won't be any campers anymore.

Deleted User
September 20, 2004, 4:58 pm
Don't you get it? You can't play online with modded scenery if you have not somehow manipulated the game. (In other words. Hacked.)

Sam
September 20, 2004, 5:01 pm
I think its a great idea, release it now.

cooz
September 20, 2004, 5:05 pm
i only chnged .bmp files from "Scenery-gfx" directory in Soldat's main catalog.

Deleted User
September 20, 2004, 5:09 pm
[IMAGE]
What i get when i edited one single scenery file.

cooz
September 20, 2004, 5:17 pm
yes, i modified it in one special way, but i assure u:
i used only M$ windows xp and adobe photoshop cs to edit those files, no: hex editors, disassemblers, etc!

LazehBoi
September 20, 2004, 5:22 pm
Hahahahahah, we're not accusing you of using hex editors, you just can't play with different scenery.

SERIAL KILLeR
September 20, 2004, 5:24 pm
U know michal made it so u cant change the scenery to prevent stuff like this...

DeMonIc
September 20, 2004, 5:25 pm
I wouldn't mind if they use it against me, so bleh, if you made it, share it.

b00stA
September 20, 2004, 5:29 pm
I know exactly how he did it.. No real "hacking". Then again, it's bypassing one of Michal's routines..

Back in 1.0.5b you could easily play with modified scenery and nobody complained.. (afair). Now that it's not directly possible, it's cheating?

(Anyone who knows how to do it, don't mention anything about it.)

Edit: There even was an option to disable ALL sceneries in Soldat. Michal removed it after 1.0.5b

cooz
September 20, 2004, 5:30 pm
he was accusing me of hacking; what i have to do to convince U that it's possible, record fraps movie?...

edit:
just like with wallhacking but little easier, maybe MM should add checksums to scenery filles too in next version, becouse now it's too weak protection...

but till then i'll use it ;p

b00stA
September 20, 2004, 5:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by cooz
he was accusing me of hacking; what i have to do to convince U that it's possible, record fraps movie?...

Nothing.
It IS possible, but noone should know.
Just let them think whatever they want.

cooz
September 20, 2004, 5:40 pm
ok, so mod will be never released; go, go, camping bastared...

ohh, one more thing BoostA: aren't U using changed granades and other little weapon color things, it isn't protected by MM, but i think it's also not fo fair, am i right?

Deleted User
September 20, 2004, 6:07 pm
But if mm made it so that you can't use modified weapons mod making would be impossible. :/

cooz
September 20, 2004, 6:29 pm
heh, u even don't know what u want, one time u are saing that modifing game is bad another one u say it wouldn't be so fun if u couldnt modify game files, and i say: if SOME files should not be modified ALL files should!
"mod making would be impossible." and how U call my modification, i think its Soldat MOD ;p

BManx2000
September 20, 2004, 7:47 pm
if SOME files should not be modified ALL files should!

Does that include animations and maps?

BTW, using this mod is cheating, period.

Deleted User
September 20, 2004, 8:02 pm
heh, u even don't know what u want, one time u are saing that modifing game is bad another one u say it wouldn't be so fun if u couldnt modify game files, and i say: if SOME files should not be modified ALL files should!
"mod making would be impossible." and how U call my modification, i think its Soldat MOD ;p

I meant that modifying files that you can't modify without some little "tweaking" shouldn't be modified. And half of your post doesn't make much sense anyways.

cooz
September 20, 2004, 8:05 pm
>Does that include animations and maps?

i didn't play with animations (yet ;)
and mas are already locked - not in perfect way, but it works in most situations ;>

>BTW, using this mod is cheating, period.
btw usind red nades, beret with big green dot in front of it, yellow spas ammo, etc is also cheating - is it?

>I meant that modifying files that you can't modify without some little "tweaking" shouldn't be modified.
but u agree that making nades bloody red makes playing easier? if yes it should be locked by Micha#322; too.

>And half of your post doesn't make much sense anyways.
in my weird polish way it does, shame on me ;p

Deleted User
September 20, 2004, 8:51 pm
No it shouldn't be locked as it doesn't give such a critical advantage like your little mod here does. And and making nades red gives no real advantage if you ask me.

And by the way. If modding possibility was taken out, i would most propably quit soldat.

Alamo
September 20, 2004, 9:02 pm
This mod is lame if not cheating.... MM! Put more security in ! plz !

cooz
September 20, 2004, 9:03 pm
(heh, hardys jest...)
another example and if u tell me that this thing which i'm going to tell now don't give real advantage i'm quiting this discussion:
when u add big dot in front of beret - it's almost as usefull as wireframe mod, isn't it?

Alamo
September 20, 2004, 10:10 pm
I don't know but wouldn't that bust the file size and make it impossible to play?

cooz
September 20, 2004, 10:25 pm
where do U live? even on some movies recorded and released on This forum U can find such kind of modification...

>MM! Put more security in ! plz !
He already did, but just like Boosta said: it can be bypassed...

Elephant_Hunter
September 20, 2004, 10:35 pm
I recently created a mod where all soldat players have large, brightly coloured dots instead of heads, and they carry oversized flags with the team colour on it.

It's real funky looking and gives me an unfair advantage in gameplay, but I do not use it myself. Takes away from the realism.

cooz
September 20, 2004, 11:04 pm
Elephant Hunter, you cheater, hacker, how U could make such unfair mod?!!?! delete it, erase all copys!! aaa,

j/k ;)

GluLm
September 20, 2004, 11:14 pm
I made a little batch file that set all scenery files to full transparency... but I don't use it since I believe this can be considered as cheating, plus it doesn't look nice anymore without the sceneries...
Anyway I agree with them you shouldn't post your "mod", neither give bad ideas to the new comers.

cooz
September 20, 2004, 11:29 pm
yes, is't little less playable...
and about your batch program, u have to operate on it a little to work with soldat and dont show any errors, right?

papasurf31
September 20, 2004, 11:38 pm
If this mod requires hacking for it to work, then it's bad. That would mean that soldat isn't meant to be played that way and changing it would be wrong. However, if this mod perfectly fits into the parameters of Soldat, then I consider it an ingenious idea that anyone should be free to use. It's the same as the sniper line, a tool that can be used to help the player boost his/her performance that should be allowed and socially accepted as it simply shows originality and thought was put into it's making.

I must say though that it would almost give an UNFAIR advantage.

cooz
September 21, 2004, 12:11 am
>If this mod requires hacking for it to work, then it's bad.
bypassing not hacking.

>the sniper line
next only beret/campers tool; my is non-campers tool.

>I must say though that it would almost give an UNFAIR advantage.
U ppl are just not orginal ;p

Unlucky 13
September 21, 2004, 3:30 am
If you read the Manual...
quote:From the Soldat Manual
All graphics and sounds may be modified except maps and scenery files.
Modified graphics and sounds can be distributed for free as game MODs.

I think we have made a point... not allowable to Michal's standards!

Dathker
September 21, 2004, 4:10 am
damn i got all hyped up about this wire frame mod where everything was wire framed.... and all i see is whining about some hax or not bs....

nargh... guns don't kill people, people kill people. (same concept)

cooz
September 21, 2004, 8:57 am
Unlucky 13:
u forgot about aminations,

>all may be modified except scenery files
oops Michal is wrong - we can modify scenery files too, but we cant release them as Free Soldat Mods.

ok, so i have question, did anybody released mod with mofified wepons on this forum, which make some kind of weps easer to see?... if not be prepared that ill do it;p besause nobody can forbid it to me. right? Michal didnt write about that any word in his manual, get my point? ull get proof that itll be almost same as this wireframe mod.

CHE_guevara
September 21, 2004, 12:05 pm
I think ,U should release this mod I like it!!!LOL!!

Rhombus
September 21, 2004, 12:21 pm
Cooz, I think you should just shut up and use it if you want me, not go on in discussion with these guys. Cuz If MM sees this, he will change the security, so I say your pretty stupid not to keep it for yourself. BTW I hate that, I love doing an Inf map without shooting [:D] That is moving from bush to bush, only stopping to let the other team pass.

cooz
September 21, 2004, 12:37 pm
>I think you should just shut up and use it if you want me
i don't want U, pervert ;p

>Cuz If MM sees this, he will change the security,
i hope he sees it, and add to next version more powerful protection, just like he should do with maps

>That is moving from bush to bush, only stopping to let the other team pass.
or shot in back other players? ;p

Rhombus
September 21, 2004, 12:51 pm
Lol i didnt mean that :p

And ye sometimes somebody thinks I am a camper (call it whatever you like) and wants to end that, so shoots me [:(!] (own teammate that is)

cooz
September 21, 2004, 1:12 pm
oh, we have here another notty beret user... so if that person dont see u, you can kill him first, but if U see him and he sees u, then u have equal chanses to die ;)

N1nj@
September 21, 2004, 1:24 pm
This is actually pretty cool, and I dont see a reason not to release it. Same concept as Dathker, guns don't kill people, people kill people...

Rhombus
September 21, 2004, 2:31 pm
Just so ya know: I do NOT use barretts, NOT, you get that? the only thing is, that it takes away a dimension. If everybody knows from the start: this is a game where camping isnt possible, I wouldnt mind at all(like make a map without scenery) but when all scenery is transparent, nobody knows it and hides from you, and you get in place and throw a nade while the other guy thinks you didnt see him.

Elephant_Hunter
September 21, 2004, 2:39 pm
Rhombus : ?..., okay.

cooz : I have a sense that there are too many people to trust with this mod if it went public. People already abuse the speed hack on public servers, and lucky for me there's still bushes to hide behind. You have bragging rights you get with this, so even if you don't release it you probably share it with your immediate soldat friends.

cooz
September 21, 2004, 4:04 pm
Rhombus: in soldat you should fight not hide - u can quote me ;p

>so even if you don't release it you probably share it with your immediate soldat friends.

u can belive it or not, but i dont have any immediate soldat friends, i only KNOW few polish players, and i didnt shared it with then... when first i thought about giving this modification to public i went to polish soldat forum, but my topic was closed right away - stupid polish moderator without imagination("it's cheat bla bla..."), i couldnt even defend my arguments

ando one more:
>People already abuse the speed hack on public servers, and lucky for me there's still bushes to hide behind

U poor man, i see u (with my soul eyes) hiding behind bushes when ultimate hyper-speed hacker is coming, lucky U, lol!

Meandor
September 21, 2004, 4:59 pm
Since mods that have the same exact function as this have been released without any problem, go on, but you might just get banned if this is actually not along the rules.

cooz
September 21, 2004, 5:29 pm
and could u tell me where can i find ALL rules of releasing mods? and i really dont get first part of your post...

Deleted User
September 21, 2004, 5:33 pm
He means mods similar to this have been released allready.

cooz
September 21, 2004, 5:51 pm
and nobody was whining about it? weird... :P

SERIAL KILLeR
September 21, 2004, 6:20 pm
Cause it was allowed back then(1.0.5 and lower)... or should i say not disallowed.

Elephant_Hunter
September 21, 2004, 8:20 pm
meh Okay, I believe you cooz

sortof [:P]

cooz
September 21, 2004, 10:46 pm
hmm, u belive me, in what? did u belive me if i tell u that god doesnt exist? :)

Elephant_Hunter
September 22, 2004, 12:25 am
God...?

Whazzat?

cooz
September 22, 2004, 8:50 am
>God...? Whazzat?
eee, anything special, just forget about it ;)

i have example in our campers deal:
i was thinking about it, and here and now i'm talking only about barels, boxes, etc (not bushes and grass because it's for 100% made to camp by MM)

if we have box which is also colider, i think we should hide NEXT TO is, to cover us from enemy gun fire, just like this:
[file]proper.jpg,28,,[/file]

but nooo... every sniper have to hide BEHIND our colider, not for to cover from shots, but just to kill plyers form opposite team, and not be seen:
[file]weknowthis.jpg,28,,[/file]

here is same thing but with poligon,
proper usage:
[file]proper2.jpg,28,,[/file]

and this is that we all know:
[file]weknowthis2.jpg,28,,[/file]

oh and u tell, that if u dont prone u see less than u crouch, so why the f*ck u have to prone just behind those coliders, find another sniping place... look when in action movie sniper is trying kill someone from roof, Is he hiding behind wall which is on the roof?(for sure for that to be not so easy to jump off from the bulding), NO! it's imposible because behibd wall he doesnt see his target.

and my conclusionis that, Michal should add anti-throu-wall protection which detects if end of our barrel(or middle of it, because more times sniper rifle is sticking out from colider/poligon) isnt touching colider/poligon and if detects it gun wont fire - end of wall-throu shots, and little less campers, good idea?

LazehBoi
September 22, 2004, 9:33 am
Uh... Why MAKE A TOPIC to link to another topic on the same forum? Sheesh, some people are annoying...
Apart from that, it's a nice idea, but I don't know how it would be done.

cooz
September 22, 2004, 9:44 am
i didn't make a another topic just a one post, because its related to this topic disscution and i add link to idea section, couse i don't think that ppl which are looking for new ideas(or anyone else ;p) wont search them here ;p, and i think it would be done in similar way which MM make law shoting only on ground crouching/proning, if it's possible of course...

Meandor
September 22, 2004, 1:26 pm
I meant soldat code of conduct, there are no rules on mods, as of now.

Elephant_Hunter
September 22, 2004, 2:52 pm
quote:I meant soldat code of conduct, there are no rules on mods, as of now.

Oh ya, the "Soldat Code of Conduct". I completely forgot about that.

I guess this is against the rules then. [:P]

cooz
September 22, 2004, 3:47 pm
wtf is this whole Code of Conduct, can anyone transalte this name to human language?

Elephant_Hunter
September 22, 2004, 10:20 pm
There's no such thing. I guess he is saying that it would be immoral to release this.

=/

Cookie.
September 23, 2004, 4:12 am
"there are no rules on mods, as of now."
Therefore you probably can release it worst thing happening is they warn you to take it away me thinks?

"I guess this is against the rules then."
You are silly? No rules thus it is against the rules O_O

I say release the mod cause it looks cool plus i have a wireframe map i was making so it would go well with it

-=Edit=-
Barrett is made to camp with ;) not to be an assault rifle
Micahl said something about why anyone would want to run up to someone and shoot them with the barrett when you could shoot them from far away.... shooting them from afar seems more fun to me too :P

/me goes and camps