( search forums )
RC turret.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Plasmanator
September 21, 2004, 3:44 am
I searchedm yet nothing realy obvious came up, unless you like to think of this as a vehicle.
Its not so much as a mobile death machine. Yet as a scout in CTF games or other possible future game types.
The turret will be like the stat gun, you run up to it to use. yet the actual turret barrel is like a little flying drone from metal gear. it goes where the mouse is pointing. Its main body is cloaked, yet it makes little visible trails when it moves. It also has a small SMG with small clip and it fires in the direction its moveing. When doing so its totaly revealed. It has the quarter the health of a soldat so if spotted, it wont live long so it cant realy be abused. Since the controller can only see the drones POV, and say this turret is in home base. If someone gets in and your not protected, your dead. Mabe make it so that if the moveing turret part gets destroyed, you at the base get a smack of damage.

mock away.

The Geologist
September 21, 2004, 3:58 am
This doesn't have a snowballs chance in Hell of happening. Sorry. [;)] Just like vehicles...how coincidental you relate the two ideas.

peemonkey
September 21, 2004, 4:03 am
n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-not gunna happen-n-n-n-n-n--n-n-n-n-n

Jap_man
September 21, 2004, 7:23 am
not a chance of being in soldat, soldat doesnt need anymore weapons or anything..
Well atleast I think that =\

Alamo
September 21, 2004, 12:55 pm
that's one of the lamest ideas i've ever heard.

LazehBoi
September 21, 2004, 1:11 pm
I don't like it... Too complicated, Soldat = Simplicity...
Having all those weird things around would promote camping and stuff...

Elephant_Hunter
September 21, 2004, 2:52 pm
quote: I searchedm yet nothing realy obvious came up, unless you like to think of this as a vehicle.
Yes. In fact I do think of it as a vehicle.

Vehicle
n 1: a conveyance that transports people or objects

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

DT
September 21, 2004, 3:19 pm
y don't we add mines now?

FliesLikeABrick
September 21, 2004, 4:24 pm
just like vehicles.... this isnt tribes, nor is it any other FPS. "snowball's chance in hell..."

Plasmanator
September 21, 2004, 9:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_Hunter
Yes. In fact I do think of it as a vehicle.

Vehicle
n 1: a conveyance that transports people or objects

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

No!...realy?! its a vehicle in the definition of its use.
Yet not like a truck or chopper that carries actual players which as been previously stated not happening. Its those specific vehicles which are implied. Not say your rocket boots or parachute. Its more like the stat gun in which it is a immobile structure that a player uses as a extension of himself.
Thanks to those that actualy gave counter argument such as "not simple enough" which I guess it isnt at this time. I just thought it would be interesting to be able to spy on how the other team is guarding. Apart from hideing and snipe zooming.
I dont play tribes or realy many FPS. so I dont know whats been "done" before, which is basicly ANYTHING since one game or another has already done it.
So much for suggestions, being a noun. The sequential process by which one thought or mental image leads to another. So that although the original idea is shot to hell, it may one day lead to a practical ideal if this game ever evolves or splinters a sister series.

Elephant_Hunter
September 21, 2004, 10:13 pm
You could have at least presented your suggestion in a practical way. Simple spelling mistakes (like "realy" and "Maybe") make you look like just another person who has not read the rules and can not type. To really impress you could use formatting, site other forum topics, and post sketches of possible SMG models for use in our 2D game. Be creative. Every suggestion should answer these questions in seperate paragraphs :

How will this make Soldat better? Why?
Is the suggestion practical?
Has it been suggested before?
Are there any other ways to implement this idea without additional coding?

Don't be suprised that your idea was blown out of the water, you even said that it would be yourself. Talking as such will not make us have pity on you. When you put your idea up, sound confident and use proper english. Speak to the audience as a whole, and refrain from making innapropriate remarks or typing in caps.

Edit :

Don't you all think that this would have made his
suggestion better (even if it was a crappy idea [:P])?

Plasmanator
September 22, 2004, 1:34 am
I apologise on behalf of my dyslexia and membership to these boards.

Elephant_Hunter
September 22, 2004, 2:38 am
quote:I apologise on behalf of my dyslexia and membership to these boards.

* sigh *

I was trying to help you out and you pull the ol' "Oh, I'm special because of such-and-such disability." Ever heard of spell check? My dyslexic friend uses it! He doesn't ask for people to treat him like he's special.

I apologise for my lack of psychic abilities.

blackdevil0742
September 22, 2004, 6:14 am
That was rude Elephant Hunter just because he makes spelling mistakes doen't mean anything as long as you understand what he writes.

On Topic: Eh I don't like it, not that it's a bad idea but it just doesn't fit Soldat.

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 22, 2004, 6:33 am
I'm going to go and protect the newbies and actually say that I sort of like this idea. Whats wrong with having this? make it a Primary (Even though Micheal says only 10 weapons), and it'll surely balence out, being that this can be used to such a great extent.

On inf/ctf maps, if one person from the red/blue team goes and uses the Drone, the team will have one less fighter (A good fighter) to help them take the flag. But if the drone is used with skill, then it can easily spot and find enemy weak spots. An Example of this would be to go a certain path to avoid being slaughtered by enemies camping with barrets.

On dm maps, this will also prove to be useful because you can fight without hurting yourself, although your fighting power will be considerablly weakened after the drone is destoryed.

In conclusion, this feature would probably generate a ton of fun, innovative games, and would give us mappers THAT much more flexable things to play with.

Elephant_Hunter
September 22, 2004, 2:42 pm
{ belittling remarks removed by poster }

comment : Darn... I am rude. Heh. [;)]

blackdevil0742
September 22, 2004, 4:16 pm
Insulting you?
I didn't insult you or did I?

Chakra
September 22, 2004, 7:50 pm
2 points for imagination.

Otherwise, this would be a very cool idea if soldat one day drifted into a TFC role-play style scenario. The 'drone' could well be the scout class.

Elephant_Hunter
September 22, 2004, 9:57 pm
Nah, you didn't. I was just being rude, although you did make me come to my senses.

DT
September 23, 2004, 9:43 pm
it sounds kinda wierd... i say no

blackdevil0742
September 23, 2004, 10:02 pm
I just didn't want you to argue with a newbie, not a warm welcome eh?

Elephant_Hunter
September 23, 2004, 11:46 pm
I wouldn't label it as warm... maybe "chilling" or "cold" would do it, but not warm.