( search forums )
Small things.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
R0L4ND
September 21, 2004, 3:16 pm
Hey there. I was wondering if any of these small things would be generally accepted by the public, and perhaps put in the game:
1. Make the Desert Eagles more versatile by putting in a 14-round ammo-cap and let one round be fired with each click o' ze mouse.

2. Give the possibility to pick up a second SOCOM, if you're equipped with one as your secondary weapon. This would double up your ammo-cap to 24 rounds and fire one round with each click o' ze mouse.

3. FFS! Decrease the rocketlauncher reload-time! It's really not THAT good (well, of course, direct-hit and it's bye-bye, but otherwise...) and its current state prevents any tactical use of it; for example surpressive fire and overhead fire-support. It's the closest we've got to a mortar, probably we'll ever get, so why not make the most out of it? I don't see how a 2-3 second-deduction from the the reload-time would nerf the entire game, making people run around like nuclear rabbits, firing PG's all over the place.

4. More fixed weaponry! Why not add a fixed field-cannon, like the WW2-era FLAK88 or something? Would be fun to use in a larger Infiltration-map.

5. Add fire-selector switches.

6. Increase the RoF for the AK74 and the M249. IRL, those things have a cyclic rate of 600rpm and 1000rpm respectively.

Subslider
September 21, 2004, 3:38 pm
7. Add a shield..

Toumaz
September 21, 2004, 3:59 pm
1: It's perfect as it is right now. Leave it.
2: No thanks. It's strong as it is. Also it would be hard to implent.
3: Yes, but only slightly.
4: NO. It's enough with one SG already.
5: w00t?
6: Soldat is Soldat, not real life...
7: As secondary.

R0L4ND
September 21, 2004, 4:37 pm
In response:
2. Strong as it is? Hardly any servers I find has realistic mode on, and the SOCOM pretty much sucks against any other weapon in "normal" mode.
4. Yet again, I've only found ONE server with sentries on. Another one would be fun.
5. Fireselector switches. Eldväljare, ditt pundhuvud. [:P]

Jap_man
September 22, 2004, 1:49 am
they're not BAD ideas, just maybe a little too complex for soldat. o.O

kevith
September 22, 2004, 2:59 am
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention... What does this have to do with the Map Maker again?

1. Then you have a socom. Woohoo!
2. If it replaces your primary, it's a waste to pick another one up. If you mean you get 2 secondaries, that's just not fair to the other secondaries. It's balanced well enough with the other secondaries.
3. The reload time has already been reduced from it's original amount. I already see enough of the Law for my taste as it is.
4. Nobody likes playing on servers where the stat guns are enabled now, why add more?
5. I don't know what you're talking about.
6. There's a higher priority to keep the weapons relatively balanced in relation to each other (whether it's real or not).
7. I hope you're kidding.

BManx2000
September 22, 2004, 3:03 am
1. Use a socom, it's almost the same as what you suggest.
2. the socom puts out as much damage as the AK in one second, it is NOT weak. Having two would make it the best auto in the game.
3. the reload time was reduced once already, it's unrealistic to have it reload at all anyway. It's MEANT to be a secondary, not a primary you can whip out and blast everyone you see. Suppressive fire with a ROCKET LAUNCHER??
4. Why? Adding more guns will only reduce the amount of servers with it on, since they obviously think it's too powerful already. And, a flak gun against soldiers?
5. I don't see much point, either hold down the mouse button or don't. The weapons don't fire fast enough to make control an issue.
6. This would make those weapons godlike, unless you reduce their firepower, which would turn them into the Steyr.

Also, this is the wrong forum.

Damn, kevith posted before me.

R0L4ND
September 22, 2004, 3:31 pm
Whoops. Wrong forum... Anyways: Second response -
1. No. The SOCOM and Desert Eagles would not be the same with my suggestion. What I wanted to accomplish with my request in this point was to make the Desert Eagles feel "cooler", so to say. In their current state, they're just a sluggish short-range alternative to the Ruger 77. By treating each of the pistols individually, you'd have a more versatile solution... not to mention an "action-movie" feel to it.
2. This was basically just another "continuation" of the previous idea.
@ BManX: FLAK's did have HE-shells, y'know. FLAK88 evolved into a PAK88, and by "officially" adopting it as an AT-gun, it also adopted a potential role of an AT-gun as an anti-infantry gun by making HE-shells available to it. Not to mention that the King Tiger-tank that had the same 88mm gun as its main armament had to have HE-shells in order to make the main gun effective also against infantry. [:D]
6. I wasn't implying that the AK74 should have a practical rate of fire in soldat of 600rpm, neither that the M249 should have a cyclic rate of 1000rpm - just that they should be increased.... but yeah, sure, your comment makes sense, BManX.

New little addition:
7. FFS! Decrease the Ruger 77 RoF! It's a bolt-action rifle! Compensate this by giving it a slight "zoom" while being crouched - that would make the rifle fit its purpose better.
If not making it more towards a real hunter's rifle, make it more of a fast-firing rifle then: officially switch it to lever-action Winchester .30-30 or something. (Dont come bitch at me about making a mod of it: Winchester .30-30's dont have a mag-cap of 4. [:P]. Yes, I am a realism whore. No, I will not go play another game - I like Soldat, it's just that I want it to be as realistic as it can allow itself to be.)

Denacke
September 22, 2004, 5:17 pm
Oof and i thought that it'd be better to decrease weapons power instead of increasing it all :/

LazehBoi
September 23, 2004, 2:38 am
Damn straight about the ruger, it's too easy to use when you compared it with the deagles, and those two are VERY similar. Although I don't like the 14 bullet thing for the deagles, it would be cool, but nah. ;D

quote:Originally posted by R0L4ND.
2. Strong as it is? Hardly any servers I find has realistic mode on, and the SOCOM pretty much sucks against any other weapon in "normal" mode.

Hohoho, you don't know how wrong you are. \o\

yourfirstnamehere
September 23, 2004, 5:00 am
quote:Originally posted by R0L4ND

]

Pssht. I pwn many with secondary pistol if that what u talking about. Also, i pwn many with knifes :)

R0L4ND
September 23, 2004, 1:29 pm
At last some postitive feedback.
Anyone else interested in making the Ruger 77 a bit more like a hunting-rifle? Maybe we could start some [:-censored] up.

LazehBoi
September 23, 2004, 1:39 pm
*sigh*. I guess, but I doubt these suggestions will work... I mean, the weapon editor, if it comes out, will probably be able to fix these things... But I dunno... =/

Then again, if the very small possibility of the next version of Soldat NOT having a weapons editor, then yeah, i'm all for the ruger idea.

quote:Originally posted by yourfirstnamehere
]

Pssht. I pwn many with secondary pistol if that what u talking about. Also, i pwn many with knifes :)

So many people say that, but so many people are wrong.

kevith
September 23, 2004, 5:06 pm
I like the ruger how it is now. It used to be slower, but Michal sped it up in his ongoing efforts to balance the weapons (before he gave up and said he was going to put the weapons editor in the next version).

DT
September 23, 2004, 9:38 pm
[file]no.gif,12724,,[/file] to all except 4... thye do have stationary but we need some more stationary stuff...

Bang
September 24, 2004, 4:56 am
i liked the socom thing but... the others were kinda blah!!! (you know what i mean, dont ya?)

Meandor
September 24, 2004, 3:18 pm
1,3,6 - weapon balance, solution = weapons editor
2,4,5 - already suggested
:|

Alamo
September 25, 2004, 3:38 pm
1. They are good enough... Actually the Deagle only has 7-round clips (Afaik)
2. Hard to implement, the SOCOM already is a nice weapon.
3. Actually the LAW 80 is a one-shot weapon. In real life you shoot it and throw it away, it just can't be reloaded.
4. No? I think Stats should be taken out entirely.
5. Another button... sure why not? We could load the whole keyboard. Soldat is meant to be simple. If you want single shots, bursts and full auto, just vary the duration you press the mouse button.
6. They are good as they are. Do you really want noobs (and worse: skilled players) with a 1000rpm Minimi??? I am quite good at Minimi and get to the top of a lot of servers with it. And if you want that: inrease the RoF of the Minigun to about 6000rpm

R0L4ND
September 25, 2004, 4:16 pm
You do like to interpret things your way, don't you? And what's your math-grade anyways?
1. 7 * 2 = 14
3. If you didn't like my suggestion about decreasing the reload time for the LAW, go bitch on Michal for making the LAW reloadable at all.
5. Don't be cynical. With that logic of yours, fireselector-switches should be taken out of all modern weapons. Fireselector-switches are there for a reason: to relieve soldiers in the task of conserving ammo.
6. "6. I wasn't implying that the AK74 should have a practical rate of fire in soldat of 600rpm, neither that the M249 should have a cyclic rate of 1000rpm - just that they should be increased..."

There's one thing not liking my suggestion, an entirely thing altogether trying to act like a smartass when you're wrong... And by the way, I'm betting that the weapon that Michal has as a LAW is an M72, not a LAW 80.

Michael_1280
September 25, 2004, 4:48 pm
And in real life the LAW is a fire and forget weapon, you can't reload it, idiot.

papasurf31
September 25, 2004, 8:19 pm
1.) I like the idea, but it can be solved with the weapon editor. Also, since only one bullet is fired at a time, the power of each shot would be haved, making it basically the equivalant of a socom, just with 2 extra shots. The purpose of the deagles is a high powered, medium speed, short ranged weapon, not a medium powered, fast firing, short ranged weapon (SOCOM)

BTW - I've suggested an idea for staggered-shots before, but it was rejected.

2.) It's such a cool idea, but only becasue it would be extremely cheap. There is no doubt in my mind that this would overtake the mp5 as the most abused fast firing weapon in the game. Some people can click a mouse button REALLY fast. It's a matter of weapon balance.

3.) If this happened, then no one would use the m79 anymore because it has an arc and the LAW doesn't, even if the LAW has a longer reload time. It's the same with the barret and the ruger. Once again, it's a matter of weapon balance.

4.) This is the only idea I really like. It would be cool to have a flak cannon, like a stationary spas but more powerful. Or maybe a high powered anti-tank cannon that can go through colliders. Have to be balanced and useful, but not cheap.

5.) Alternate fire modes? Been suggested before my me and many others. Mostly rejected.

6.) WEAPON BALANCE!! If this were done, then all the weapons would have to be more powerful/faster.

7.) as a secondary...maybe