( search forums )
Day 'n' night
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MercyM
September 21, 2004, 7:02 pm
Eheee.... Day and night as I said, like in Vice City or sumthin....
1min is 1 hour in Soldat and the clock should be in lower left corner of the screen. Like idea fellas?
[:-dog]

bucky_brad
September 21, 2004, 7:17 pm
been suggested before, but would be great with dynamic lighting.

FliesLikeABrick
September 21, 2004, 7:32 pm
it just adds to the complexity of graphics required for soldat. part of what makes it so great is that it is simple....im not for this, nothing great is gained at all.

Subslider
September 21, 2004, 7:40 pm
Im for it completly been suggested before..

maybe an server option and that time thing would be nice aswel..

Alamo
September 21, 2004, 8:04 pm
This really was suggested before!!!! Just use the Search !
What's so hard about using that thing? ... Or look at the Suggestions thread -.-
This was also proven to be a bad idea. Mentioning it a second time does not make the idea better.

Jaz
September 21, 2004, 8:05 pm
Nah. I dislike. Simple sweet soldat. Alliteration :D.

blackdevil0742
September 21, 2004, 9:36 pm
Could be nice
You could alway make a map with dark polys and bg

Kazuki
September 21, 2004, 9:54 pm
Hm. I'll admit, it's interesting. Nothing more, though. I don't see any point for it at all. These are the type of ideas that aren't completely out of line, but should be left for a later time, when Soldat has progressed a bit more, with more important features, like automatic demo record, playback control, and an upgraded voting system. :)

Toni_Cicerelli
September 22, 2004, 1:11 am
It would be cool if the sun blinded you. So in the dawn the red team has the advantage and in the dusk the blue team has it.

Jap_man
September 22, 2004, 1:54 am
It's a good idea, just too complex for soldat =\.
But then again, just as kazuki said; it might be implemented in later versions of soldat =\.

Duke33
September 22, 2004, 3:15 am
What's the point? Woohoo, day and night!! In a...10 minute game? We'd all have epileptic fits. I get the idea, don't worry, it's just useless.

Incidently, that is a very cool pitbull in the first post.

Unlucky 13
September 22, 2004, 8:31 am
Two words: Prossesing Power. Alot of people play Soldat as it is a low-power, simple, fast andfurious online multiplayer game. You add this, nad it will hog a bit more of the above. Eh, would only be for looks...