( search forums )
g_d's Public Server (custom maps are online!)
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
grand_diablo
September 21, 2004, 11:06 pm
Some of you may have noticed a server called "g_d's Public CTF | PWC-Server" in the lobby list. I have lately rent a Soldat public server with 6 slots to play on.

EDIT
Server Data/Mappack/Voting: www.gd3on3.tk

Slots: 6 (3on3), 2 specs
IP: 213.202.216.136
Port: 23078
no password

***Update***

custom maps are online, new mapcycle is:

ctf_Kampf
ctf_OldVilla
ctf_2dungeons (nostalgic)*
ctf_Laos
ctf_mcave (Urhos)
ctf_death2 (unknown author)
ctf_Voland
ctf_Divided

>> Barret has been disabled.

Find the custom maps + map voting here:
http://www.marketzone.de/server/voting.html

* big parts of the map stayed like they were, when I first released it several months ago. It was one of my early maps, and doesnt look too good, but I didnt edit the sading. All modifications were the rebuilding of the spawnplaces, and some messing around with nade/health spawns, jetfuel and of course debugging.

_________
The server provides a good ping so far. In case the server went offline for some reason, or you urgently need a server for a league CW (not funwar), you might contact me at #m0w or #soldat.forums in Quakenet IRC.

So gogogo, have fun & good luck

___
Something about the mapvoting:
After some time (a week, maybe 2 weeks or more, we'll see), I will look up the votes. Every map gets +1 to +5 points, based on its rank in the voting for the BEST map, it gets -1 to -5 points for its ranking in the voting for the WORST map. Then both will be added. The map/s ranked last, or getting extremely bad votes (-2 or lower) will be replaced with the next mappack update.

fabmanx
September 22, 2004, 6:18 am
I think you should make it 4v4. :)

peemonkey
September 22, 2004, 6:27 am
)(Glory Hole should be in your rotation...XP

Kazuki
September 22, 2004, 1:10 pm
Cool, I added it to the Recommended Servers ;D (check siggy)

grand_diablo
September 22, 2004, 1:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by fabmanx
I think you should make it 4v4. :)

If you pay for it, I would even make it 5on5 :P

Im lacking a bit of money to afford more slots, and as I said, I know 3on3 might sound quite small, but I try to make the best out of it, by choosing maps which provide good gameplay at this teamsize. ;)

Kazuki
September 22, 2004, 1:48 pm
What I think would be cool is if we would make it a tradition to strategize before every round. :P Only problem would be restarting, but still... It'd be cool, lol.

grand_diablo
September 30, 2004, 5:29 pm
updated, custom maps & voting are online.

Urhos
September 30, 2004, 6:49 pm
Grand Diablo, I would help you financially, but I already have a custom map server ;Q

grand_diablo
September 30, 2004, 6:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Urhos
Grand Diablo, I would help you financially, but I already have a custom map server ;Q

hehe tkx ;)

but I guess 3on3 can workout well too, as it is the normal teamsize for many CWs :]

Melba
October 7, 2004, 9:18 pm
add this in the topic post
gd3on3