( search forums )
just another anti-campers idea
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
cooz
September 22, 2004, 9:09 am
it's bit weird, but my idea is about 4 notes bellow(in kevith quote), U can scroll down or click here:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=17282#219238

LazehBoi
September 22, 2004, 9:29 am
Uhm.... What. It's already a topic, wtf? You don't post it in "Game Improvements / Suggestions" because it's a lame way of helping against campers.

SuperKill
September 22, 2004, 9:35 am
hrm its a good idea and but can improve it abit.

cooz
September 22, 2004, 9:43 am
que? here u write its lame there u whrite it's nice idea, wtf? btw, lame is to shot throu walls ;p

LazehBoi
September 22, 2004, 10:33 am
quote:Originally posted by cooz
que? here u write its lame there u whrite it's nice idea, wtf? btw, lame is to shot throu walls ;p

You linked to the wireframe mod and I didn't read the rest of it before I posted. My bad. ^_^
It's an alright idea..... meh.... I dunno, I would like it put in, but I doubt it will.

kevith
September 22, 2004, 10:16 pm
For those of you who are too lazy to ckick on the link and read through the argument in that topic, here is the post with his suggestion:quote:Originally posted by cooz
i have example in our campers deal:
i was thinking about it, and here and now i'm talking only about barels, boxes, etc (not bushes and grass because it's for 100% made to camp by MM)

if we have box which is also colider, i think we should hide NEXT TO is, to cover us from enemy gun fire, just like this:
[file]proper.jpg,28,,[/file]

but nooo... every sniper have to hide BEHIND our colider, not for to cover from shots, but just to kill plyers form opposite team, and not be seen:
[file]weknowthis.jpg,28,,[/file]

here is same thing but with poligon,
proper usage:
[file]proper2.jpg,28,,[/file]

and this is that we all know:
[file]weknowthis2.jpg,28,,[/file]

oh and u tell, that if u dont prone u see less than u crouch, so why the f*ck u have to prone just behind those coliders, find another sniping place... look when in action movie sniper is trying kill someone from roof, Is he hiding behind wall which is on the roof?(for sure for that to be not so easy to jump off from the bulding), NO! it's imposible because behibd wall he doesnt see his target.

and my conclusionis that, Michal should add anti-throu-wall protection which detects if end of our barrel(or middle of it, because more times sniper rifle is sticking out from colider/poligon) isnt touching colider/poligon and if detects it gun wont fire - end of wall-throu shots, and little less campers, good idea?

BManx2000
September 22, 2004, 10:44 pm
What... the hell...

The Geologist
September 23, 2004, 3:59 am
Wow...cooz can create a NEW topic which has the sole purpose of acting as a link to ANOTHER topic he just recently created. No new ideas, no anything...just useless repitition. I tip my hat to you cooz...you didn't say enough about your wireframe mod before and you're trying to push it in another part of the forums (even if it is the wrong part of the forums). Congrats. As for your whole gripe with snipers and shooting through polys...sh*t happens..? Don't know what else to tell you, don't get too worked up over it...no need for this topic.

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 23, 2004, 7:22 am
this topic is as useless as the idea that is presented in it...

If you can't deal with these campers, then I would suggest you use a little friend called the Nade.

cooz
September 23, 2004, 9:01 am
the kevith, maybe it will help alittle...

ohh and shut up u all pessimistic ppl, i was talking with MM and he appoved my idea ;p

n00bface
September 23, 2004, 9:12 am
quote:ohh and shut up u all pessimistic ppl
I concur. This is the best idea I've heard in a long while (The suggestion to the game, not the suggestion for all you pessimists to stfu :P).

peemonkey
September 23, 2004, 9:24 am
how is this really a new idea? all it is is people hating this feature from the past, and you've added pretty pictures. :/ does it really matter though? at the parts that ARE thin, it's easy to take them out head-on, just dodge the fire...

cooz
September 23, 2004, 9:31 am
so why u quoted, this shut up part? :)

peemonkey
September 23, 2004, 9:39 am
? (what'd he say?)

cooz
September 23, 2004, 9:57 am
that He have to fix this bug with shots throu walls, and He'll make not possible to prone behind colliders.

peemonkey
September 23, 2004, 10:34 am
that's weak though. it'll cut off alot of tricks in mapmaking...one of my really cool maps'll be completely useless.....:'(

cooz
September 23, 2004, 10:43 am
im so sorry :p

edit:
oh, and remember, when 1.2 came out, everybody was crying that they can't shoot law in sky, and now it's normal...

The Geologist
September 23, 2004, 6:18 pm
I'm not opposed to the idea, but this topic is useless. Keep it in the other topic you started about this wireframe stuff. [xx(]

cooz
September 23, 2004, 6:30 pm
but those are 2 diffrent things, mode is mod, and this is suggestion/idea that i think up in same time, i admin it was not best idea to write it there and add info about it here it should be written here, but i wont change it now, ill just delete link and direct it to kevith's note, happy now?

DT
September 23, 2004, 9:28 pm
campers suck