( search forums )
Arsenal 2.5 (No, no footy.)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
R0L4ND
September 23, 2004, 5:41 pm
Complete overhaul is now done - here are the results:
[IMAGE]

Every last weapon has now been modified, has also gotten a new batch of sounds. Mod includes interface-replacements (minor), GUI gun-replacements, in-game weapongraphics, soundeffects, new weaponnames and a minor modification to the explosion.

Thanks to the help of Serial Killa, the whole mod is now in one zip. Thank you!
http://dyn.u13.net:6080/host/modarchive/files/mods/Arsenal_2.5.zip

peemonkey
September 23, 2004, 5:54 pm
'twin colts'....well, Colt What? what model?
is the ruger changed at all?
shoulda totally redid the AK
other than that, look cool

R0L4ND
September 23, 2004, 5:55 pm
I tried including Twin Colt 1911's, but then the weaponname would cross over with the ammo in the interface, which looked really back. So I figured that Twin Colts would have to do, since very few people around here are rectumrententive realism-whores. ('not implying anything.)

Teh Panda
September 23, 2004, 6:27 pm
I think they are soldat weapons 1.1.

EDIT Husqvarna <3. Hard to install :p

Deleted User
September 23, 2004, 7:41 pm
i like the numbers 2,4,5 :)

R0L4ND
September 23, 2004, 9:03 pm
Why, that's jolly good news. But try out the soundeffects too - pack loses a bit of its shine without the sounds! Because, I mean... the classic "chugga-chugga-chugga" sound that comes with the SFX-pack just makes the whole conversion shine! [:D]

damnnation
September 23, 2004, 9:06 pm
make 1zip of it instead of 4

F@NTOM
September 24, 2004, 7:24 am
Nice mod...but I don't like that jet flame icon, can you change it to something else?

And pls see if you can do something about that sound when a shotgun shell falls on the ground...its irritating. :)

Toumaz
September 24, 2004, 7:30 am
Yay Husqvarna! :D
I agree with F@ntom, you really should change the jet icon.
It doesn't look good with a bunch of flames there.

Teh Panda
September 24, 2004, 2:41 pm
I wouldnt use that interface... Use another interfaces if mods interface is not good...

R0L4ND
September 24, 2004, 3:55 pm
I can't make it one zip - you think I haven't tried? My uploader only allows 1 meg per zip.
If you don't like the shotgun shell clink, that's too bad. [:p]
And comment the sounds, you fools![:o)]

R0L4ND
September 24, 2004, 4:57 pm
For those requesting a new jet-logo:
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload3/jet.bmp

[IMAGE]

Haro1121
September 24, 2004, 5:18 pm
that looks like alot better jet logo GJ on the mod and the interface the mods really cool make it 1 file though

Teh Panda
September 24, 2004, 6:12 pm
That [:-censored]ing shell sound breaks my ears :D

F@NTOM
September 24, 2004, 6:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Teh Panda
That [:-censored]ing shell sound breaks my ears :D

Like I said before, the sound is irritating and ears bursting :P
pleeeeaaasssseeee change it! :)

Zero72
September 24, 2004, 6:51 pm
The Uzi, Sig and M60 look cool, but I don't think there's enough here to make me want to download it, with the apparently annoying sounds and having to install 4 seperate folders an' all... Sorry. =/

R0L4ND
September 24, 2004, 8:17 pm
Ear-bursting? How sensible are your ears? Really? Just listen to it in-game, it blends in. And no, the sounds are not irritating, now go download it, you bizatch. [:P]

Teh Panda
September 24, 2004, 9:14 pm
Hate that bling bling sound. It ruins whole spas... I dont want play with spas anymore...

F@NTOM
September 25, 2004, 6:24 am
seeee..everyone sais it is irritating..so go change it.
I play soldat with my headphones and that sound is just toooo loud. :)

Teh Panda
September 25, 2004, 1:26 pm
So... all want that sound to be changed. Change it! I play with headphones too..

Deleted User
September 25, 2004, 9:06 pm
I love you, Roland, and I love your mod.

This you already know, but whatevs.

SERIAL KILLeR
September 26, 2004, 12:21 pm
Nice mod.
But you forgot to change the law ingame.
and the spas shell drop sound really is to loud.
Other than that its a pretty good mod.

R0L4ND
September 26, 2004, 3:33 pm
No, I did not forget to change the LAW in-game. I moved it up two pixels and added handles, as well as the rear wooden heatshield.
I cannot tamper with it any more without editing the image-size, and that would make this mod unplayable online - something that I really don't want to do. Also, It would be pointless to add its all-famous warhead to the model, since it wouldnt affect its look after you've fired it. Having the warhead stick on no matter what after you've fired the weapon is rather... meh-ish.

EDIT: Due to popular demand, here comes a zip with various replacements to the previous modifications, as well as a new SPAS shell-drop.
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload8/replacements.zip

And yes, that is me on the "headchop.wav".

Deleted User
September 26, 2004, 4:10 pm
Pretty good mod. The installing is pain in the arse though. You might want to make it a bit more user friendly next time.

R0L4ND
September 26, 2004, 4:26 pm
... O_o. Really... How the heck am I gonna make the installing more user-friendly without having to make an installer (something that I don't have the faintest idea of knowing how to.)? Installing is friendly enough - every folder extracts into another folder, no sorting through files. That's pretty simple. [:P]

Deleted User
September 26, 2004, 4:51 pm
If you gave folders the same names as the Soldat folders and put folders that are suppoed to be in folders in their correct folders, all one would have to do to install would be to copy all folders and paste into Soldat directory.

:P

R0L4ND
September 26, 2004, 5:00 pm
Eff. Yew.

papasurf31
September 26, 2004, 5:41 pm
Garface is right you know. Thats what just about every other mod does, having all the folders pre-named for easy extraction and installation.

SERIAL KILLeR
September 26, 2004, 5:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by R0L4ND
No, I did not forget to change the LAW in-game. I moved it up two pixels and added handles, as well as the rear wooden heatshield.

Ehmm... there are no ingame LAW gfx in your zip so i gues u forgot them...

R0L4ND
September 26, 2004, 7:32 pm
Really?!....... Aw [:-censored]. Let me fix that, then. Download this zip to get the LAW too.

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload8/weapon_gfx.zip

Teh Panda
September 27, 2004, 1:28 pm
Ty Rol4nd for changing that spas sound. Now i can play with that too :)

R0L4ND
September 27, 2004, 3:10 pm
You're welcome.

NOW PLEASE GIVE ME COMMENTS ON THE REST OF THE MOD! I wanna hear what your favourite new weapon is, and so on.