( search forums )
Actual grenade launcher
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Jaz
September 23, 2004, 7:01 pm
Shoot actual grenades that bounce roll and take time to explode. A new secondary weapon. Maybe also a bonus that makes it turn into a mortar and shoot clusters. Any comments are welcomed.

Deleted User
September 23, 2004, 7:03 pm
Best weapon suggestion in a while. Maybe you could just use it to launch your normal nades a bit farther away. :D

b00stA
September 23, 2004, 7:26 pm
Yup.
Your idea + Ville's = very nice

Alamo
September 23, 2004, 8:06 pm
Yeah that sounds cool... But what real weapon should be taken for this. As far as i know there is no grenade launcher that only shoots timed grenades. This would raise the topic of different ammunition types like full metal jacket, jacketed hollow point, glaser etc.

Jaz
September 23, 2004, 8:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Alamo
This would raise the topic of different ammunition types like full metal jacket, jacketed hollow point, glaser etc.

Pick up nades around the map. You can throw them, or shoot them. Or what would also be a cool feature is you catch nades that are thrown with it ! You just put your aimer towards the way the nade is coming and catch it. It would be very risky though but cool to do ;). You could throw a nade in the air, catch it then shoot it.

More comments would be appreciated.

blackdevil0742
September 23, 2004, 8:37 pm
hey this sound good
me likes

Deleted User
September 23, 2004, 8:51 pm
That'd kinda suck if you went to catch a grenade and it turned out to be one of the ones that explode on impact instead of the timed ones. Unless you mean for their to be only one type of grenade

cooz
September 23, 2004, 8:54 pm
catching nades would be cool, but i always dereamd about shooting them out when they're flying on U...

Psyl3ntShad0w
September 23, 2004, 9:19 pm
If it's implimented...which I doubt, I think it should replace one of the autos...I'd suggest removing the minigun or minimi...

DT
September 23, 2004, 9:24 pm
m79 that can bounce...

Jaz
September 23, 2004, 9:33 pm
Keep the minimi. Remove the Minigun. If it is to be implemented, which I doubt but I think it's a nice idea.

b00stA
September 24, 2004, 1:51 pm
Don't remove anything.
Just add it as another secondary.

Inquisitor
September 24, 2004, 2:18 pm
just release the wep ed and everything is fine

BManx2000
September 24, 2004, 2:57 pm
Unless Michal specifically includes a feature to let a gun use grenades as ammo, I doubt it. People are being WAY too hopeful about what the weapon editor will be able to do...

zyxstand
September 24, 2004, 9:49 pm
i love the idea of being able to throw grenades back - best way to do this, i think, is:
first take off the on-hit-explode-nade cuz tat i think is
- unrealistic...it bounces off the ground and doens't explode on hit either so...
- therefore nades should do more damage since direct impact is unlikely
- next, to pick up a nade u hold down shift and if a dropped nade is around it'll hold it in hand and won't b able to shoot...then to throw it back let go of shift and it'll fly off with remaining time
- also another good feature is to b able to put time to the nades ie pressing 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 or with the mouse scroller or with using an up/down button defined in the game.

blackdevil0742
September 24, 2004, 10:32 pm
this isn't worms

monday______riot
September 24, 2004, 11:35 pm
I think that a timed grenade launcher would be pointless, unless it had a very short fuse. The chances of someone who isn't either AFK or retarded standing in the same spot for long enough for a normal nade to explode is very unlikely. I think that regular nades are fine, and that you can throw them far enough for most purposes. A mortar, though, would add an interesting element to CTF and INF games. Maybe having two people required to fire the mortar? One to designate where the mortar will land and one person to fire it? Anyway, interesting idea, but I don't think it's really necessary.

The Geologist
September 25, 2004, 12:07 am
Me likey as a secondary. Bouncing nades...very good for certain times of the game. [:D]

Kazuki
September 25, 2004, 1:35 am
:( It's times like this that make me sad when I think about no big changes, such as weapon additions, being made. It's a very nice idea, it really is, I just don't think it will happen. I think that the only thing Soldat is going to recieve is very small tweaks from now on, nothing huge. =|

Arsenic
September 25, 2004, 6:07 am
How about an RPG that shoots the s farther and faster but has, say, a 2 second reload between shots?

Spectral
September 25, 2004, 6:12 am
this sounds like a good idea. it's not that big of a stretch either

papasurf31
September 25, 2004, 12:40 pm
To answer Alamo's question, the MM-1 can be fitted with fuse grenades or impact grenades. I like the first part of the idea, despise the second.

Jaz
September 25, 2004, 12:46 pm
If theres actually a realistic weapon that can shoot nades then I don't see why it shouldn't be added as a secondary. Thats what I said in my first post :). I think you should pick nades up around the map then shoot them out with the secondary weapon. Also the catching nades idea was just a spur of the moment kinda idea. They would explode and ultimately blow up the gun and the guy shooting it.