( search forums )
Poker Chip Tricks (VIDEO OF LxS?!)
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
liquidis x snake
September 24, 2004, 2:40 pm
Yeah, I'm taking up a new hobby of learning poker tricks. Should come in handy when I go gambling seriously once I'm older.

These are just 3 of the tricks I learned.

The first one is called the Unabomber. It looks simple but its insanely hard to pull off.

The second is one I invented called the Escalator. Repeatedly moving the chip around three fingers.

The last one looks simple too, but again, it's pretty hard to pull off right. It's called the Front-To-Back.

Here's the video:
Poker Special
It's 1.35 megabytes, and theres no loading screen because I did it in like 3 seconds.

Maybe later I'll record myself doing the Chip roll, Escalator Deluxe, Chip bounce, and the Front-To-Back w/ Index finger.

Teh Panda
September 24, 2004, 2:56 pm
Nice fingering [:P].

Deleted User
September 24, 2004, 3:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Teh Panda
Nice fingering [:P].

Lmao.

Anyways i think you should try to learn card tricks insted of some weird chips. :O

liquidis x snake
September 24, 2004, 11:38 pm
lol. Chip tricks are used for gambling. You wouldnt want to flash your cards during a game, now would you? ;x

BManx2000
September 25, 2004, 12:01 am
GAMBLING BAD! BAD GAMBLING! RAARGH! MONEY DISAPPEAR!

Hitman
September 25, 2004, 12:10 am
Get a day job buddy.

karmazonpl
September 25, 2004, 12:32 am
This video left me with "WTF" expression on my face for some reason.

Cookie.
September 25, 2004, 5:04 am
/me agrees with karma

"Chip tricks are used for gambling"
Pfft why you need to know chip tricks for gambling? i wouldnt even call those tricks -_-

liquidis x snake
September 25, 2004, 5:40 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.
/me agrees with karma

"Chip tricks are used for gambling"
Pfft why you need to know chip tricks for gambling? i wouldnt even call those tricks -_-

What, do you want me to make chips reppear out of thin air?

And as for gambling use, if you play Texas Hold'em (or any Poker game for that matter) seriously, you would know that chip tricks cause several things:

1) Respect.
2) Intimindation.
3) Irritance.

During someone's turn, if they see you messing around with your chips, they're gonna assume you've been around them all your life.

Of course, this is like talking to a brick wall considering most of you guys probably don't know anything about Texas Holdem.

karmazonpl
September 25, 2004, 5:44 am
Playing dice in mexican ghetto is better.

Captain RibMan
September 25, 2004, 7:19 am
whats texas holdem?

Unlucky 13
September 25, 2004, 7:43 am
I am a brick wall

DeafBox
September 25, 2004, 9:57 am
quote:whats texas holdem?

Its really simple. Basically u (everyone) gets dealt 2 cards and then u have a round of betting. (non of that discard crap). U can fold or bet. It goes round and round, then the dealer lays out 3 cards and ppl bet. Then a fourth and then a 5th. Impossible to explain on a forum (plus i cbf), very easy to learn.

--------
btw i thought the vid was rather... boring... i dont think being able to do that is going to make a difference to winning or lossing a poker game.

CbbLe
September 25, 2004, 11:15 am
First time ever playing...

[file]sebbeholdem2.JPG,3197,,[/file]

(started with 5000 ppl)
I were #1 but I forgot to take the stupid screenie :(

ofcourse I didn't end up 2nd place but I were 1st/2nd for awhile (before my brother took over and got bankrupt) :)

*EDIT* sry don't got photoshop...picture got a little too big maybe :P

Cookie.
September 25, 2004, 5:16 pm
I like how it says "real money" at the top :P

R0L4ND
September 25, 2004, 5:34 pm
Is Expekt.com poker free, like a game, or do you put real money into it?

You've been watching too much WPT, Liquidis... But still. Gus Hansen is one crazy poker-playing mutha... No hand is too bad for him to play. Saw him once, winning with a 2-4 offsuit against a guy with a suited jack-ten. O_o.

liquidis x snake
September 25, 2004, 6:11 pm
I've been following the WPT, as well as the World Series, for about 2-3 years now. Hopefully gonna go for a shot at the tour when I'm 21.

R0L4ND
September 25, 2004, 6:43 pm
Gus Hansen is da man. [:D] Too bad that russian Kirill didn't win the last years competition... He was bad-ass too, and going to a final table after learning poker just a year and a half before entering the competition... Dang.

Anyways, you guys know any FREE means of playing poker online against other people?

liquidis x snake
September 25, 2004, 11:41 pm
Yahoo! Games has Hold'em.

Ah, and yeah, Kirill was awesome. My favorite player, however, is Daniel Negreanu.

R0L4ND
September 26, 2004, 3:52 pm
OMQlolarogWTF? He's of romanian origin, y'know? Ph34r H1m.

I haven't seen that guy in action that much, though... What kind of a player is he? Contemplating? Agressive? Over-the-top?

CbbLe
September 26, 2004, 8:29 pm
nono, it's not real money..only the prize were in real money

gi.joe
September 30, 2004, 10:26 pm
i for one think that the white chip trick was styley

nice LxS

Social Poison
October 1, 2004, 3:01 am
good stuff liq. Try to learn how to do that chip shuffle they do on tv ;)

Camping_Carl2
October 1, 2004, 4:48 am
LXS im going to do some xbox tricks like throw it up... and catch it with my left hand.. then do a spin around town trick ;)

Deleted User
October 1, 2004, 1:14 pm
You.. You can lift xbox from ground.. And throw it? :O You should go to some weight lifting competition.

LazehBoi
October 1, 2004, 1:41 pm
Camping_Carl wants a girlfriend that badly, he never goes a day without talking about him wanting one on IRC.

edit: oh

edit the second: TEH VlAeU!

edit the third: That is cool, is that REALLY LXS LIEK OMG!?

Camping_Carl2
October 1, 2004, 3:14 pm
lol indeed everyday i say i need one :P