( search forums )
Another map...an inf idea
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
The Geologist
September 25, 2004, 5:09 am
As the name of the topic implies, I'm trying out an inf style map. Here's a look at the wireframe. Red spawns on either side of the map, while blue spawns in and on the structure being built in the middle. Objective is in the base and needs to be carried up to the chamber above, which may be guarded by more blues along the way depending on how high the structure is. Any input is welcomed. [:D]

[file]Inf_test.JPG,14303,,0[/file]

Unlucky 13
September 25, 2004, 5:31 am
maybe if you took some zoomed screens and added some spawn dots, flags and stuff in paint, it wolud be easier to understand kind of.
I really think the reds could also spawn from the top bit of the map.I don't understand the posistion of the white flag though

The Geologist
September 26, 2004, 7:02 am
Alright...since my wireframe model wasn't understood that well, here's an actual picture. Red spawns in any of the red colored areas, and blue spawns in the base below. It's an inf map, so the ojective is stored in the base. It's an all out assault on the base before you have to take the objective up into the ceiling. Still editing the base...going to add a few stat guns, but when I put them in they fire incredibly slowly. Any idea why this is? Thanks to soap for the texture!
[file]inf_Inward_Bound.JPG,14303,,0[/file]

chakapoko maker
September 26, 2004, 2:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
Still editing the base...going to add a few stat guns, but when I put them in they fire incredibly slowly. Any idea why this is?

the gun should be put above the ground. check ctf_kampf and you will find there's a few pixel between it and the ground. if it doesn't work, the polygon under the gun is too thin or even with the ground, maybe.

blackdevil0742
September 26, 2004, 9:57 pm
It look pretty cool

_Mancer_
September 26, 2004, 10:25 pm
This map reminds me of the Led Zeppelin song Stairway to Heaven..

Cookie.
October 4, 2004, 1:44 am
very good concept for a map :) i like i hope it develops quite nicely

The Geologist
October 4, 2004, 2:17 am
I developed and released it..check the New Maps section...