( search forums )
Scope as scecondary for Barret
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Arsenic
September 25, 2004, 6:12 am
All right, my idea is to make the scope a secondary for the Barret. You could select a scope-less Barret and have a secondary or have the scope and no secondary. Maybe the option would come out of a menu next to the or added on to the secondary menu. If you pick up a scoped barret and you have a weapon on your back, you wouldn't be able to switch. You also couldn't throw te scope away. What do you guys think?

peemonkey
September 25, 2004, 6:49 am
BAD.
it'd promote just walking around shooting people, not sniping. really really bad. think before you post

Unlucky 13
September 25, 2004, 6:51 am
I really think this has been suggested before, and it was rejected... HARD

peemonkey
September 25, 2004, 7:19 am
*busts out spas and nades*
*keeps thread back*
lock before the spammage

m00`
September 25, 2004, 7:24 am
This is actually a good idea :D

I half agree with peemonkey though :/

blackdevil0742
September 25, 2004, 7:30 am
I think that it's a good idea
sniper are usually helpless when they get discovered

LazehBoi
September 25, 2004, 7:33 am
I don't like it, but for a different reason than Peemonkey's it's just not going to solve anything.

peemonkey
September 25, 2004, 7:40 am
seriously, how could this help? nobody'd choose a scope, because that's generally not how they use it. they'd just do what theyre doing now, BUT COULDNT ZOOM unless they picked up a scope. but who knows if ANYONE's gonna have a scope? soccom, baby...soccom.
think of the bitching and whining there'd be then. but wait. what's this? weapon editor? naw.....huh? michal's own words? yer kidding me. oh. well then, guess no need to suggest guns anynmore.....hrm :/

papasurf31
September 25, 2004, 12:34 pm
I concur with peemonkey...that means I agree, right?

Arsenic
September 25, 2004, 7:33 pm
I'd like to explain my reasoning before this inevitably gets locked. First of all, peemonkey, you brought up some excellent points. I appreciate your feedback. So, this idea was mainly to affect people who defend with barret. They could go with the scope to try and kill from a long distance to prevent damage or a a cap, or could go with a secondary to risk getting killed themselves, but having a better chance up close. Most attacking barreters would go with the socom, but if you were going with a group of people you could hang back and snipe while your teamates distract/give cover fire. A scope is a very powerful tool in this type of game, and I think that there should be some reprocussions to help balance it.

I was on the fence as to post this thread or not, and I see that I shoudn't have.

BManx2000
September 25, 2004, 7:46 pm
Don't you get it? ATTACKING BARRETERS IS AN OXYMORON!

Alamo
September 26, 2004, 5:20 pm
My god... The ideas get worse with every new thread. Nerf the Barret or leave it as it is. This gun is not used as a sniper-weapon anymore. Everyone flies around and shoots people from the air!

DannyLB
September 26, 2004, 5:30 pm
Yes its bad....this would mean camping.

Alamo there is no point in you expresing your opinion about anything related to the barret since you are wearing the Anti-baret tag.

Arsenic
September 26, 2004, 8:35 pm
This needs to be locked. Sorry guys, I really shoudn't have posted this thread.