( search forums )
changing bullets
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
DAN
September 26, 2004, 4:03 am
can someone tell me if it is possible to change the appearence and characteristics of the bullets? I saw some of the UT mods, and i was, to be honest, disappointed that the only changes were superficial. What i wanted to do was make, say, a new bullet for the ripper that is shaped like a razor but can bounce around a few times, and make the pulse gun shoot little slow moving green balls or use the alt fire.
heck an alt fire button would be cool too (next version of soldat?)
the reason i ask is because im a noob with moddint and i want to get into it but i dont want to just make the guns look different.
thanks for any input

BManx2000
September 26, 2004, 5:02 am
Not yet, you can't. Supposedly there's a weapon editor coming out some time.

Sam
September 26, 2004, 3:37 pm
how do you think you would be able to play online if everyone has different gun physics?

DAN
September 26, 2004, 3:58 pm
well people could have mod servers that check for proper files before loading, etc, or i could play single
man i see some awesome mods coming out after that weapon editor comes

Rhombus
September 26, 2004, 4:37 pm
how can you see something that doesnt exist. Remember the real fun in this game is online, so nobody will bother making a mod unable to go online.

DAN
September 26, 2004, 5:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rhombus
how can you see something that doesnt exist
its called "imagination"

quote:Remember the real fun in this game is online, so nobody will bother making a mod unable to go online
who says it cant go online? lots of other games have mods that can be played online an on LAN
and lets not forget that in at least one case, a mod ended up being much betetr than the original game (half life-->Counter strike)