( search forums )
why
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
DAN
September 26, 2004, 7:11 pm
i want to know why every idea, no matter how good or bad, is denied. i can understand "its too complex to implement" but cmon--"it will take away from the simplicity?" "It is just not soldat?" WHO THE FREAK CARES [:(!][:(!][:(!] its not like you are being forced to play the mods or anything, and unless you are the only one who is able to make the change, why say no? i for one think vehicles could be implemented without too much complexity--it is basically a powerup and a big person. Make a new game type for it, make new sprites, make physics and shooting rules, make the maps have smooth ground/open area, and you just got 1000 more people interested in the game. ok maybe that is an exageration, but the point remains. there are good ideas and the purists are preventing progress. If you guys dont do it, someone will

and now, i will be flamed and banned [:D]

_Mancer_
September 26, 2004, 7:20 pm
I actually agree.

Cept I hate the vehicles idea. It sucks.

karmazonpl
September 26, 2004, 7:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by DAN
i want to know why every idea, no matter how good or bad, is denied.

no, no, no only the bad ideas are rejected

Jaz
September 26, 2004, 7:28 pm
It only looks like all the ideas are rejected because nearly all of them are bad. Apart from mine. Ofcourse =P.

palloco
September 26, 2004, 7:36 pm
"If you guys dont do it, someone will"

I think you are forgetting one thing. This game is developped by one person and he is not God. He cannot implement everything,just the things he wants. He is reading those forums and even if epople dislike something but he thinks that will be useful he will try to implement it.
But most of the topics flamed are things that he publically rejected. Anything related to vehicles and weapon modifications should be outta there. If you cant read the stickies in suggestion forums dont make Michal waste his time.

Rabies
September 26, 2004, 8:03 pm
Why don't you use "quote" button palloco?

blackdevil0742
September 26, 2004, 9:16 pm
I guess that most of the suggestions were bad or ppl just didn't like it

Weed
September 26, 2004, 10:14 pm
another lost soul who should read my topic there and make his little brain-box work

iLLskiLLs
September 26, 2004, 11:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rabies
Why don't you use "quote" button palloco?

Ah! And, why didn't you use the "quote" button Rabies?

Anyhow, yea as already said this game "Soldat" is one man project, It's not like you are paying Michal To implement your idea's are you Dan?

DAN
September 26, 2004, 11:54 pm
all im saying is that (1) if so many people bring it up, it is a good idea, or at least one that is supported, and (2) it would not be all that hard to put in

i admit that i am not a profesional programmer or anything, but if he can make people and things move aroun d and shoot, how hard could it be to make a bigger "person" to move and shoot.
and:
quote:He cannot implement everything,just the things he wants. He is reading those forums and even if epople dislike something but he thinks that will be useful he will try to implement it.
But most of the topics flamed are things that he publically rejected. Anything related to vehicles and weapon modifications should be outta there. If you cant read the stickies in suggestion forums dont make Michal waste his time.

while it is up to him what goes in, it would be wise of him to at least try to implement something so many people want. just because he at first rejects it, it doesn mean he is not going to do it and that anyoen who brings it up should be flamed. if everyone kept talking about vehicles and someone eventually comes up with a really good way to put them in, he probably will put it in because he would realize that it is a relatively simple way to add a lot to the game.

i guess the real question is why is the creator so against vehicles? i really see no reason.

karmazonpl
September 27, 2004, 12:08 am
it doesnt fit soldat, just doesn't, play the game more, and you'll know why

lieroguy
September 27, 2004, 12:30 am
Ahtough the idea of vehicles is neat, I'm siding with karmazonpl, here. Soldat's gameplay just isn't built for it. Period. It's like putting a ape in tights and casting it as a dancer in "The Nutcracker". Sounds neat, untill you've got a 600 lb. gorilla crashing into one of the 80lb. dancers and accidenalty rending limbs from the hero.

DAN
September 27, 2004, 12:58 am
this will hopefully be my last reply for this thread

i have played it. a lot. so much that i decided to pay for it. and while DM is very fun as it is, on many of the objective maps, i wished for either a helicopter or a jeep. i could imagine very clearly how much more the vehicles could add to the game. when you guys say "it just doesnt fit soldat" i assume you mean for the deathmatch. if you are actually talking about the object maps, i think you guys are all crazy[:D]

you have not heard the last of me!

kevith
September 27, 2004, 1:45 am
So is all this really about vehicles?

1. Just because a lot of people make a suggestion does not mean that it is a good idea.
2. Just because an idea has support does not mean that it is a good idea.
3. Just because an idea would not be hard to put in does not mean that it would be a good idea.

You say, "it would be wise of him to at least try to implement something so many people want." That would be a good point if "so many people" actually wanted it... but they don't.

BManx2000
September 27, 2004, 1:58 am
quote:Originally posted by DAN
(1) if so many people bring it up, it is a good idea

Excuse me while I laugh uncontrollably.

HA! HA HA HA! AHAHA!

DAN
September 27, 2004, 3:04 am
o well so ill make another post
i guess you are right with that point being wrong Bmanx2000, but it jsut seems natural for the game to progress one step and add vehicles. and the fact that this was one thing many people (yes many) posted about jsut reinforced my thinking. i typed that all up on impulse just because everyone's impatience was making me frustrated. but still...people are thinking about it.

while i may have accidentally shifted this thread into vehicles, its original purpose was to post my feelings on all the ideas being put down. IMO many of the ideas were good but everyone said they were bad, and because im a little to "passionate" about that crap, i made this post. i dont want to jsut give up with the ideas i think are good.

BTW kevith: if something is easy to implement, and a lot of people want it, wouldnt it be a good idea to put in? i dunno

if it is possible, a poll should be made to see how many people would like vehicles in the game. if the majority of people dont want it, ill be quiet and not bring this up. but if the majority of people do want it, that means this really should be considered. goodnight

BManx2000
September 27, 2004, 3:21 am
It doesn't matter what the majority of people think, it matters what Michal thinks.

Captain RibMan
September 27, 2004, 3:27 am
its really up to Michal, it is his game after all.

Jap_man
September 27, 2004, 3:47 am
Let me tell you this, michal said this him self in a self kill interview (sorry dont have a link) that vehicles will never be implemented in soldat.
FACE IT. FACE THE FACTS.
Vehicles arent EVER going to be in soldat, EVER.
Stop asking for them, they've been suggested over and over and it's really pissy because the idea's been rejected soo many friken times.

Elephant_Hunter
September 27, 2004, 5:41 am
quote: i want to know why every idea, no matter how good or bad, is denied.

Don't make things up.

Maybe I'm special or something, but people like my suggestions. Hell, even Michal Marcinkowski said he liked my Vote Poll idea.

Element_101
September 27, 2004, 11:20 am
I agree that there are many good ideas suggested in these forums but you have to remember it would be near impossible to add them all.

palloco
September 27, 2004, 11:24 am
"Why don't you use "quote" button palloco?"
Cuz I would have to load a new page and find again the text I wanted

And Dan, how much time does it happen between 2 releases of soldat: months! And if you were here you would see that soldat 1.1.5 and soldat 1.2 had a lot of bugs even when you hardly notice any real difference. Adding vehicles, no matter if you implement them as if they were bigger soldiers would need a lot of programming, believe me, and after several months you would only find the buggiest version of soldat with many people using hacks and ruining the playability becuz Michal had not find that one of their features can be used as a cheat,and he needs much more months to solve that... only to find out that many new players left soldat becuz it lost the playability in every public server.

DT
September 27, 2004, 3:21 pm
Big M hardly sees the suggestions...

Michal Marcinkowski
September 27, 2004, 3:32 pm
I would like to use a metaphor :) :
If a million flies eat sh.., it doesn't mean it's good food.

I only implement really good ideas or those that are easy to do. I make them and if I'm not satisfied I don't add them. If you would follow updates on Soldat you would see that a lot of really good ideas from the forums are implemented and the next version will also have a couple good ideas taken from the suggestions forums.

About the vehicles: I would love to see somebody make a game like Soldat with all the "cool" idea, vehicles and stuff. We would all then see which game is better.

Jaz
September 27, 2004, 3:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski

If you would follow updates on Soldat you would see that a lot of really good ideas from the forums are implemented and the next version will also have a couple good ideas taken from the suggestions forums.

Can someone show me some suggestions from the forums that have been added...i'm aware that theres alot but maybe like a really big soldat changing idea like a new weapon that has been added. Just a few examples....i'm not saying there isn't any, I just want to see some.

Alamo
September 27, 2004, 6:47 pm
Vote
Theres your friggin vote! The vehicles are at the bottom...

Jaz: a lot was implemented... Also see here

DAN
September 27, 2004, 6:55 pm
lol if a million flies eat sh.. it doesnt mean its good food...for humans. it is good for flies though [:D] jk i get the idea
i understand a lot of time goes into making the upgrade, but i am still unclear of how dificult it would be to implement it. thats why i made that my first point--if it is hard to put in, i understand. if thats what everyone is saying, then fine. i guess i went overboard with this idea...soldat is still an awesome game, and maybe i was asking for too much.

but my logic told me that if you could program people moving and firing guns, you could program people on vehicles firing guns, and then vehicles firing guns. there would be one vehicle per team, whatever. i guess i was just trying to get it reconsidered

and im sorta with jaz here--i was thinking of major changes, not tweaks, that have been deemed bad. i havent seen any major changes in the gameplay

....but dont worry ill come up with a good one eventually that is so awesome youll wonder why you didnt think of it before [:D]

Ymies
October 1, 2004, 11:02 pm
if you mean of what should be made better in soldat, I'd say absolutely that lag should be 'removed' or minimized. that's the most important think that would make the even more better

DAN
October 2, 2004, 3:46 am
i rarely have lag...

Da cHeeSeMaN
October 2, 2004, 8:38 am
a bigger 2d person whould look wierd LOL

DAN
October 3, 2004, 12:32 am
hahahah i was thinking of that when i first played. if the people were really big the game would be really messed up lol

mar77a
October 3, 2004, 2:40 am
palloco is right, the only thing that vehicules can bring is more bugs....

Xanthophobia
October 5, 2004, 9:22 pm
on top of that... you'd have to completely rethink the map layouts.. they're just not made to support vehicular movement. They'd probably end up being used like stat-guns. So even if you ironed out all the bugs, the only way I could see it working is in a new game mode. I just can't see it happening. I certainly wouldn't waste my time with it.