( search forums )
@!@#!@$#$@#@ STAR CRAFT GETS ON MY NERVES!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Chan_Fan
September 26, 2004, 10:39 pm
i juststarted playing starcraft again and boy i dindt notice this before. First of all i keep getting banned for nothing and i have to wait like two minutes to play again. Second, if i dont ban i get kicked off since there is no more slots open. AND THIRD, PEOPLE KEEP BSING ME EVEN WHEN EVERY GAME. My rec is pretty bad and because of that im called a noob.....

But heck star craft is still a pretty fun game !

The Geologist
September 26, 2004, 10:52 pm
Liek, omg!!!11! U should go post this on teh Star Craft forums, or git back to playing yur precious Star Craft sence its such a fun game. [xx(]

...sometimes I wonder if people are even conscious of where they're at...

Chan_Fan
September 26, 2004, 11:20 pm
meh. just meh.

Duke33
September 26, 2004, 11:52 pm
You're such an interesting person. Thank you, good sir. Thank you so much.

BManx2000
September 27, 2004, 12:30 am
Why would you play starcraft when you could be playing TA?

Michal
September 27, 2004, 3:20 am
Back in grade 8 I was talking to my friends and i was like: "OMG STARCRAFT IS DA BST STRAETGY GME ON EARTH!11!! OMG WTF LOL" And my friend was like: "Total Annihilation is way better" And I was like wtf is TA? Next day he gave me his CD and I played it and I was like : "OMG TA KIKS TEH [:-censored] OUT OF STARCRAFT111! OMG LOL" Seriously TA is waaaay better. It's great, lasers blasting, missiles flying, K-bots exploding into bits of debris, HUGE battles, you can select as many units as you want, rather then a max of 12, you can queue up as many units to construct as you want! The command interface is efficient enough so you can actually have time to consider strategy, And it's actually a good game! Seriously at least try the demo, maybe I can post the MP spawn if it's not illiegal on these forums.

ThaD
September 27, 2004, 12:43 pm
SC IS the best strategy out there, u won't find more balanced game nowadays

Weed
September 27, 2004, 2:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by ThaD
SC IS the best strategy out there, u won't find more balanced game nowadays

actually, SC is balanced because it lacks balance.
lemme explain: we all know the Protos are the stronger right? well, a science vessel can make them weaker then the zerg. we all think the Terrans are balanced, they have both high attacks and good strats, but eh, 8 zealots can rape you on the start of the game, or 16 zerglings. it is balanced because it has none, its the fun part of it, not fighting your own, fighting different things, with different aproaches, therefore SC is the best game strategy wise.
but ill have to agree with Michal, TA beats the hell out of it. the simplicity of the game gives you loads of strategic options.

koil
September 27, 2004, 2:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by Duke33

if its not an intresting topic, in your opinion, then dont go in it.

sounds familiar?

ThaD
September 27, 2004, 5:55 pm
Weed I have absolutely no idea what did u mean [8D]

u can't say who's stronger simply because there is no stronger side. There were so many patches for SC:BW that man can't imagine more balanced game. It all depends on players' skill and mind. That's why I love this game :)

DeMonIc
September 27, 2004, 6:42 pm
Did I hear the word Starcraft? :D

I recently bought SC:BW and I have to tell you: the first few weeks are hell.I mean, if you don't click over 100 per minute, you are fried.But 'tis fun, because there are no "omfg ZERG IS SO LAME!oneone".Only thing is rush, but with good unit control...yeah, I been playin less soldat coz of Sc...heh...

fabmanx
September 27, 2004, 7:03 pm
Starcraft blows.

Michal
September 27, 2004, 9:12 pm
Thad, I can safely guess you never played TA before [;)] . I could go on and on about how much better TA is than SC in every possible way, but you will see for yourself if you DL the demo... [URL] it's the "tadinst.exe" link.

If you don't have a fileplanet ID try this link: [URL]

BManx2000
September 28, 2004, 3:30 am
You don't have to go on, this web site will go on for you:
http://www.angelfire.com/rant/tauwisdom/anon1.html

Michal
September 28, 2004, 3:59 am
quote: You don't have to go on, this web site will go on for you:
http://www.angelfire.com/rant/tauwisdom/anon1.html
All true! [:D] . And I could add so much more to it.

ThaD
September 28, 2004, 12:58 pm
k, shall download :)

hm I read these 40 reasons and all I can say is that TA is much more complicated game than SC

BManx2000
September 28, 2004, 2:40 pm
You might think so, but it doesn't have special abilities for every unit that you have to select them individually to use.

blackdevil0742
September 28, 2004, 4:50 pm
Me prefers Warlords Battlecry 2

Toumaz
September 28, 2004, 4:52 pm
Me prefers Populous: The Beginning. Old but incredible. And the sone and only 3d game that works on my computer.

DeMonIc
September 28, 2004, 7:37 pm
I have TA, TA:Kingdoms, Warcraft I-II, I played Civilization III, B&W, Warcraft III...but SC is still the best I think.And because of those special abilities...I mean, 12 basic marines stand no chance against 6 mutalisks..until you stimpak.And there are a bunch of things like that, that make SC the king of the hill.If your fast, you could beat players more experienced than you, and if you make a surprise attack on his miners, you might hurt him more than by crushing his army.

koil
September 28, 2004, 8:00 pm
starcraft is inferior to warcraft2, and ra2.

starcraft is too.. 'dark'. blend. too much vacant.
oh, and, demonic, the reason why starcraft is 'the best', is exactly why i hate it.
too many fucsing rushers. no strategy involve - just 'M --> M --> M --> ...' if youre human,
'Z --> Z --> Z --> ...' if youre protoss, and finally, 'E --> E --> E --> ...' if youre a [:-censored]sing zerg.

you dont got enough time to build ENOUGH bunkers + flamethrowers (marines + 2scv's covering their back is highly unavailing) / sunkens / plasma cannons (<-- ?). and if you do got enough time to build them, most chances are, that your enemy has started to build tanks+upgrade (which abolish sunkens/bunkers/plasma cannons) ,2nd evolution of hydralisk (BW) (you dont have enough time+RESOURCES (you wasted them all to build defense against the rusher)) (remember*** fighting vs INVISIBLE (underground, on that case) unites, withount science vessel/comsat, WHICH YOU CANT AFFORD, is useless.) , or templar.

that is why i never do 'quick play' on bnet/westwood. too many pathetic arseholes in there, who only care about their rank, instead of the fun they're missing.

btw, c&c aftermath is muah favourite. following with ra1, ra2, wc2, deadlock1, deadlock2, and dark reign1.

that was the old koil. not the dice.

bucky_brad
September 28, 2004, 9:22 pm
You fools!!! Go get Dawn of War!!

And I own Ground Control 2, WC3+TFT, SC+BW, DOW and TA. DOW is the best strat game I have played in a while.

Weed
September 28, 2004, 10:04 pm
my all time favourite is Age of Empires.
it is simple, fun, not sci-fi oriented (that kinda pisses me off) and the campaigns are pretty cool.

Michal
September 29, 2004, 2:02 am
Does anyone here play TA online? Right now I'm playing with the Pheonix Project client. It needs more people :) .

EDIT: It can be found here: [URL]

Duke33
September 29, 2004, 2:04 am
quote:Originally posted by koil
quote:Originally posted by Duke33

if its not an intresting topic, in your opinion, then dont go in it.

sounds familiar?

sod off, you ;) The title was rather amusing, so I went in.

Age of Empires is good fun. I used to play it a fair amount...I have a mild craving now. Cossacks is another good game, 18th c. warfare.

blackdevil0742
September 29, 2004, 6:17 am
quote:Originally posted by Toumaz
Me prefers Populous: The Beginning. Old but incredible. And the sone and only 3d game that works on my computer.

HOW CAN YOU PLAY THAT GAME!!! Crappy graphics, gameplay sux and I couldn't use the cursor AWhhh!

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 29, 2004, 9:05 am
Ground Control 2 is the only RTS game that I've actually played seriously, after about 2 years of not playing any RTS because of playing 5 minute games on Bnet.

Toumaz
September 29, 2004, 10:34 am
quote:Originally posted by blackdevil0742
quote:Originally posted by Toumaz

HOW CAN YOU PLAY THAT GAME!!! Crappy graphics, gameplay sux and I couldn't use the cursor AWhhh!

Because, as I said, it's the one and only 3D game that works on my computer. XD

BManx2000
September 29, 2004, 2:43 pm
What about TA...

DeMonIc
September 29, 2004, 2:45 pm
The only thing I dislike about AOE and similiar RTS-s that the maps are so friggin big, victory only depends on who can get the more big units together, and it's hard to win with all that space.But the campaigns were cool, I agree.

DT
September 29, 2004, 3:24 pm
Me and my friend bs all the time... its fun...
you gota know how to defend yourself from them... its not that hard...
always beware of comp stomps...

blackdevil0742
September 29, 2004, 3:59 pm
Yea the AOE series are the best games of them all. The thing I hate about AOE2 is that the multiplayer sux, ppl play on the fatest game speed and with 10000 resources :( I want to play it in normal speed 4 hours :)

Toumaz don't play crappy 3D games, play 2D

Toumaz
September 30, 2004, 10:47 am
I'm trying... my computer suxx...

DeMonIc
September 30, 2004, 5:24 pm
My computer sux too, that's why I play Starcraft and Soldat :P

LazehBoi
September 30, 2004, 6:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000
Why would you play starcraft when you could be playing TA?

TA was one of the best RTS games out there.

blackdevil0742
September 30, 2004, 6:49 pm
If I only had a better computer and World of Warcraft :(

Toumaz AOE dont work on your computer? Soldat works???

LazehBoi
September 30, 2004, 7:06 pm
Oh yeah, Warlords Battlecry pwns.

blackdevil0742
September 30, 2004, 7:09 pm
yeah it's one of my favorites
the music the gameplay it's just awsome