( search forums )
Beavers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Darac
January 5, 2003, 9:39 pm
this is a ctf map. i got the idea for it while watching the tv show, angry beavers. anyway instead of running to the blue base getting the flag and comming back to the red, both the blue and the red base are in the beavers.... i'v forgotten the word... the place where they block water, so its pritty much a king of the beavers thing that blocks water. (i got the idea of doing that from king of the matchsticks :)

--Screen shot--
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] beavers1.jpg44.05 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] beavers2.jpg23.09 KB

--Map (new fixed update)--
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctf_Beavers.zip23.49 KB

p.s. the reason why i didint bring this one out earlyer is because it was my mapping guild aplication, but i havnt gotten a reply from them in about 2 weeks! grrrr

Darac
January 5, 2003, 9:41 pm
btw its best to play a game that is timed about 15 or 20 mins either that or have it on first to 30 or something, not 5 like i normally play ctf's cause that wont last very long... :/

SuperKill
January 5, 2003, 9:44 pm
WoW this is one strange map dude !!!
but still, nice [;)]

High
January 5, 2003, 9:47 pm
Darac: looks cool...it looks so real!

ada89
January 5, 2003, 10:02 pm
Something wrong there, why was the red flag so near to the blue flag, and why the player start very far from the flag???....need to fix there, anyway nice map [:D]

High
January 5, 2003, 10:17 pm
ada89: i cant find the blue flags...:(

ada89
January 5, 2003, 10:38 pm
There!! [:D]

[IMAGE]

High
January 6, 2003, 12:52 am
ada89: haha...thanks for telling me...is kinda hard to find it...

Darac
January 6, 2003, 4:42 am
ada89: the flags are next to each other because i made it so that a team has to have controll of the beavers damn to be able to score any points, thats what a king of the hill game is like, you have to be in controll of the hill and in this cause the hill is the beavers damn. also ppl are placed away from the damn so that when they are killed it gives the team some time to get some points while they have to return. :)

ada89
January 6, 2003, 6:41 pm
oh...interesting [IMAGE]

sauron_the_deceiver
January 6, 2003, 7:29 pm
nice idea.
the amount of scenery of this map is COLLOSAL! cooooooool.
nicely done.

High
January 7, 2003, 10:15 pm
Darac: kind of the beavers...also...the red has more of an avantangers then blue...red are much closer than blue

Darac
January 7, 2003, 10:32 pm
what do you mean? everyone starts in one of the 6 (i think) random spots on the map, and both teams start in all 6 spots.... so its just luck that red happen to get there first...

High
January 7, 2003, 11:15 pm
Darac: no...sometimes red are the the right side of the map which is closer to the beaver thing

Darac
January 7, 2003, 11:44 pm
if you look in the map editor you will see that there is a blue spawn where ever there is a red spawn and the other way around which means that no matter what team you are you dont get an advantage as to where you start, its random, and yes sometimes a person on a team might start closer to the base, but thats because of luck, and luck only. not because red has an advantage.

i have found a bug in the map where you can fall through the brocken bit of the bridge, iv fixed it here is the fixed map.

-Map (new fixed update)-
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctf_Beavers.zip23.49 KB

Flanagan
January 8, 2003, 12:20 am
I have a map similar to this. I don't want to detract from your map Darac, but what do you people think. Shoudl there be more than one way to the "Hill" or just one?

The reason I ask is because this SMG is flat, and I don't want to release it to criticism. Should there be more than one way to the "Hill"?

Darac
January 8, 2003, 9:29 am
maybe you should do it one way and then the other and see what one works better. nothing better than actully trying it out right?

p.s. LET ME IN SMG!!!
oh and flanagan why is it that you cant release a map and use it as a smg aplication at the same time?

Flanagan
January 8, 2003, 5:59 pm
Yup.

All you need to do is make a new map and not release it. Just a side note, I have great appreciation of your skill.

High
January 8, 2003, 9:24 pm
Flanagan: do the SMG release any maps?

Darac
January 8, 2003, 10:23 pm
lol good point...
you see flanagan.... im one of those types of ppl that loves to get his stuff out there and played. i love getting good feedback form the ppl that read my threads and it seems that i have to make a good map for an aplication for smg, but last time it took awhile i guess cause it was the holidays.... and i thought that the new version of soldat would be out soon and if i didnt release it now then no one would get to play it... :/

oh and flanagan, you didn't answer my question why arn't you allowed to release the same map your using as an aplication?

and could you also tell me that advantages of being in smg...? cause im starting to think flag it ill just get known as a good mapper with out the aproval of you guys... (not intending offence in anyway :)

High
January 8, 2003, 11:36 pm
Darac: release that map you are talkin about...please :)

Darac
January 9, 2003, 12:28 am
this is that map.... lol, im not making any more till the new version of soldat cause i dont know if its worth making a map and then once its released it'll only be able to be played for like a day cause the new version wont be able to play it.... :/

Darac
January 9, 2003, 12:32 am
oh and btw high i have a great idea for my next map :)
lets just say its going to be based off a great NEW ZEALAND movie and it'll be the one map to rule them all :)

I copy right this map! anyone who makes a lord of the rings map will die! :P

ada89
January 9, 2003, 12:46 am
Cool Darac, i look foward to see ur new map!

High
January 9, 2003, 9:46 pm
Darac: me too man...! =)

Darac
January 10, 2003, 1:15 am
hehehe. now we just have to wait.... :/ the sooner the new version comes out the sooner my map will :)

Abortion
January 10, 2003, 1:26 am
Aw and I thought this was a map based around female genitalia :(

Darac
January 10, 2003, 3:01 am
sorry im not that sad.... i dont think soldat is the place to ummm... yeah

High
January 10, 2003, 3:55 am
haha! female genitalia! *lol*!

Flanagan
January 11, 2003, 8:22 am
High, You astound me with your ability to be so stupid.

Darac: DOn't stop mapping, as it will definately be playable again.

I was thinking of doing a map around either Amon Sol or somehing (The hill where Frodo is attacked) or Helms Deep :) Hope that doesn infringe on your copyright?

Darac
January 11, 2003, 10:26 am
i was going to do helms deep and, the two towers, but you can go ahead with Amon Sol ;) if you let me in smg!!!! :P (jk)

Darac
January 11, 2003, 11:29 am
question: this is my 51st post.... when do i become a Corporal?

Darac
January 11, 2003, 11:33 am
woot!! Corporal!! this is a big moment for me, iv never been higher than the first thing on any forum. :)

High
January 11, 2003, 7:25 pm
Darac: haha...so when will your next map come out?

Darac
January 11, 2003, 7:51 pm
i dont know.... whenits finished.... i want to make it as good as possible just because its lord of the rings and all. :) i figure if someone is going to do it they may as well do it good!

Flanagan
January 13, 2003, 4:48 am
I just saw something in this thread about you waiting 2 weeks before releasing this, and not hearing from SMG. We did reccieve a submission, but that was treehuts, so we couldn't accept it. I am sorry we didn't get this one. Did you send it to ArcWolf at the address specified?

Anyway, SMG is substantial, I am finishing the site, and we are releaseing a map pack.

Darac
January 13, 2003, 10:15 am
lol dont worry about it dittyman, nothing like it.

Flanagan: i did send it to arcwolf, and he replyed to say he got it and he said he fowarded it to you, so i dont know what went wrong :/

Flanagan
January 13, 2003, 9:53 pm
Oh, Yahoo mail messed up again. Sorry you didn't get the message. I PMed you.

Darac
January 13, 2003, 11:28 pm
3rd time lucky eh flanagan? ;)
you better let me in once i actully get the damn aplication right! cause its very hard to make a good map out of helms deep... :/ in the movie its so complex and i only have a side on 2d map to make it with... :/
i think ill make 1 now (not as good as it could be) and then ill do some more lord of the rings maps like ctf_two towers and then ill re-make helms deep.

Darac
January 13, 2003, 11:30 pm
I know! ill use the current helms deep as an aplication but i wont release it, that way the next helms deep i make will be the only one iv released! god damn im smart! lol