( search forums )
ctf_Ernesto
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Skate4Razors
September 27, 2004, 9:16 pm
New map! ctf_ernesto, after Ernesto "Che" Guevera. It has a rainy, swamp, field type effect... It's not waypointed, I'm going to submit it to SCTFL, they asked for some maps from SML so... I hope this can make it! I'll have some more ingame shots in a little bit... Texture is Marais, thx for letting me use your texture Soap! YAY!

Overview:

[IMAGE]

File:

http://dyn.u13.net:6080/host/sml/files/ctf_Ernesto.zip

Mirror:

http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/download.asp?forumID=&fileName=ctf%5FErnesto%5FFIXED%2Ezip&memberFldrID=14251&cSF=

Edit: The file should work now, but the first file works fine for me. Just use the mirror one I guess [:D]

Soap
September 28, 2004, 2:33 am
This map is actual a lot of fun to play on :)

Trying to be constructive, the red team has a bit of an advantage though, I think. This map has the potential to turn into berret hell. A few more jaggy pieces in the tunnels and stuff would solve this problem.

Besides that, thumbs up. I really like the atmosphere. :D

karmazonpl
September 28, 2004, 2:48 am
Looks really good, my type of map :)

Jap_man
September 28, 2004, 3:10 am
looks good. :D :D :D
*downloads*

Skate4Razors
September 28, 2004, 6:23 am
Yeah, thx a lot guys =) Special thx to you Soap for letting everyone use your textures! [:D]

Deleted User
September 28, 2004, 6:53 am
WOW!!
this map is awsome!!

CHE_guevara
September 28, 2004, 11:08 am
I think this map is just for me!!!!! %D D/L..........REALLY GOOD!!!!!!
Some Day I'll finish my map...........I hope....[:D]

Hektik Sniper
September 28, 2004, 11:14 am
instead of making the sides stupid high, why not just roof it off? :/ Will stop people minigunning into the air to cause lag.

zaraza
September 28, 2004, 11:57 am
nice map but i can't download it :/

Deleted User
September 28, 2004, 12:35 pm
me neither :(

Skate4Razors
September 28, 2004, 3:05 pm
I did not want to make a roof cause it would look bad, so I acted like there were kinda stones or a cliff keeping you in. I'll fix the download link! Sorry for that...

Edit: Ok, I fixed it! Just hit the mirro one [:-spin]

pinkispimp
September 28, 2004, 5:08 pm
cool map dude[:o)]

Inquisitor
September 29, 2004, 6:57 pm
contains the soldat feeling. nice!

but it has to be waypointed cuz you can't play custom maps over the net. work on it!

pinkispimp
September 29, 2004, 10:57 pm
pimpin cool dude

chakapoko maker
October 1, 2004, 5:37 am
very nice! there's a real rainy combat. the whole design is my liking. but there's a trouble, nobody could get the flag in a server that is set respawn time as about 5 seconds, and easy reskill would occur by nading. waypointng and some fixes about spawning, bumping and the base design need to be done for making it a fine map at any risk.

Deo
October 1, 2004, 3:12 pm
looks really good. currently downloading

Skate4Razors
October 1, 2004, 10:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by pinkispimp
pimpin cool dude
Daniel you n00b! We get it, it's pimpin, god dam you idiot!! joking! I guess I could ask someone to waypoint it. Does anyone even really play with bots anyways?