( search forums )
Spawntime defined by map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
grand_diablo
September 28, 2004, 9:10 pm
Might sound crazy for some, but I think it'd make sense.

Cause 3 seconds spawntime in CTF gives very different possiblities on each map. on Laos, Viet and B2b you can escape quite easily within 3 seconds, even faster on Voland, but on maps like Run or Kampf most of the time the enemy respawns much faster as you could ever escape (which expains why those maps are very often tied or wun by results like 2-1, 1-0..).

Actually I think the mapper should have the possibility to decide about the spawntime on his map - but with a possibility for the server to override those and set the spawntime to the same time for all maps.

I imagine that as additional option for the next mapmaker version, but also as additional option in the soldat.ini for the server (that's why I put this in here, and not into the mapmaker suggestion forum: It affects the whole game).

Like having an additional box under the mapname: "Spawntime", where its possible to choose in 0.5 second steps. And a line in the serverfile, just beneath the Respawn and Wave Respawn time, saying "Override_Respawn=1 or 0" to tell the server to use the spawn of the map or to set its own.

constructive comments are appreciated :>

DAN
September 28, 2004, 9:12 pm
i think you can already do that when you are starting a server

grand_diablo
September 28, 2004, 9:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by DAN
i think you can already do that when you are starting a server

I dont think so =)

Denacke
September 28, 2004, 9:23 pm
Indeed you can't, intresting suggestion though.
But, i think some option for letting the server decide it for each map would be nice too (eg put it in the maps rotation list or something) , so you don't have to agree on the map makers opinion about the spawn time.
Yeah i think this can be really nice, thumbs up

grand_diablo
September 28, 2004, 9:26 pm
yeh, I like your idea improvement, indeed an option for the server to decide the spawntime for every map would be kewl.

Imho the best was if both possibilities were implemented, so you could choose from:

* spawntime defined by map
* spawntime defined by server, the same spawntime for every map
* spawntime defined by server, different spawntimes for the maps

SERIAL KILLeR
September 28, 2004, 9:34 pm
And why not add more options for maps then.
stationary gun = 0/1
weapons = 1,5,6,7,LAW
powerups = 1,2,2,5
maxnades = 3
grenadekits = 0/1; (disable grenade kits)

papasurf31
September 28, 2004, 9:42 pm
Yeah. You should also be able to set:
damage ratio: x%
bullet speed: x%
movement speed: x%
reload time: x%

as both server and map options.

brickman
September 28, 2004, 10:01 pm
Back on topic, letting each map have a modifier would be great (eg ctf Laos has spawn time +2 secs from the number on the options screen, ctf run +1).

kevith
September 28, 2004, 10:22 pm
I really like the original idea as modified by Denacke. Being able to set the spawn time for each map would be great. I also really like Serial Killer's modification of the idea. I think that Papasurf's idea is maybe going a little too far though. I just don't see the need to really be able to change those options based on the map.

grand_diablo
September 28, 2004, 10:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by SERIAL KILLeR
And why not add more options for maps then.
stationary gun = 0/1

This is actually done by placing/not placing statguns :P

I do also think, that papasurf's idea is a bit too extreme ;)

Meandor
September 28, 2004, 10:32 pm
Yeah, it would be really useful for maps that have the spawn before the flag, and would make kampf not a totally unbalanced map.

papasurf31
September 30, 2004, 1:45 am
It would solve a lot of problems with people who want Max-Pyne Soldat or Matrix Soldat or Instagib Soldat.

Dathker
September 30, 2004, 2:09 am
thats genious... but would be difficult cuz some server men would want to control it themselves..

btw I tried using "wang" as my hotmail password. It said my password wasn't long enough.
^^rofl

ZeroDHotaru
September 30, 2004, 2:23 am
That is a very good idea. I hate getting flag then running and either getting sniped by a bot or get killed by a human. I think this is maybe one outta the few good suggestions!

blackdevil0742
September 30, 2004, 6:50 am
it would be nice but not necessary

Toumaz
September 30, 2004, 10:42 am
Excellent idea! Implent!