( search forums )
Objective Missions :O
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Urhos
September 28, 2004, 9:12 pm
Objective Missions

These would pwn. Large maps with a fortress etc. and Destroyable Terrain (explosions would make big holes and the bullets would gnaw the terrain also).
Your mission would be to attack the fortress or sumthing, and destroy some vital block of terrain, like a pc or other shaite with a nade, or just shred it to pieces with an AK. To make this mode harder you could seal the whole thing, like it would be done in real life, and you would have to law or nade the walls/doors in.
A barret shot could make its way trough a wall and wound some1.
Shaite that could collapse would be great too. Like if you blow up the base of a guard tower, it would fall down, and kill any1 inside it/who get squished.
Weapon spawnpoints, like you have to go to a little bunker to get Law's & nades so you can blow shaite up.
And of course the level would have limited Lives/player, or a reasonable timelimit. And no medkits.
This would bring a new face to Soldat ;Q

DAN
September 28, 2004, 9:14 pm
im quite sure that destructable terrian is not going to be put in, but i like the idea of objectives. then again, this will kinda turn into wolfenstein, etc.
i was thinking of, instead of destructable things, you would only have, say, bridges that are invisible and too big to fly across, but will appear once a few people stay at a point for 10 seconds and "build" the bridge

Urhos
September 28, 2004, 9:24 pm
I dun mean joo can destroy everything, but almost everything ;Q

papasurf31
September 28, 2004, 9:45 pm
Someones gonna say this sooner or later: go play (insert some other game here) and leave Soldat alone.

Personally, I like the idea. It'll be lot like Red Faction with teh destructable terrain mixed with Counter-strike. It'll never happen though.

m00`
September 29, 2004, 12:08 am
I know this has been suggested before but this is a cool idea, Michal could give it a try =]

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 29, 2004, 12:37 am
Well, its not Indestructable terrain, but it DOES have a objective.

Timeline Project is a project to make various single player (Co-op) maps to play against bots.

If you are interested, check out the link below my sig.

Jap_man
September 29, 2004, 3:40 am
The destructble terrain sounds sweet, but i highly doubt that it'd get implemented into soldat.

blackdevil0742
September 29, 2004, 6:11 am
destructable terrain naah...me do not like
but the weapon spawn thing would be nice. Then you could dissable the weapons and you would have to find them on the map.

Gaso
September 29, 2004, 9:05 am
Yea we have discussed about this destructable terrain b4 and I still like that idea, how ever most likely that wont be done.

About that objective mission we already have Infiltration and CTF so just make some maps to inf and make bot waypoints better than they are in offical maps.

Alamo
September 29, 2004, 12:19 pm
What are we supposed to do with that mode? Actually there are already Singleplayer-inf-missions. You will have to play them ^^ Your ideas will most likely not be put in. In addition I don't really like it. Destructable terrain is pointless and Soldat is not a singleplayer game. Soldat is meant to be a simple action game :)

Urhos
September 29, 2004, 1:20 pm
its not a single player thingamabob, its like inf, the other team tries to defend :O

DT
September 29, 2004, 3:43 pm
it would be cool if a voice said 'mission complete'

DannyLB
September 29, 2004, 3:58 pm
i would like to see destroyed terrain, but that would mean lag, and i dont think he will add it :/

Alamo
September 29, 2004, 4:47 pm
Damn DT what is that supposed to be you damn spammer!

Ok this sounds better Urhos :) But destructible terrain would add tons of bugs... And piercing walls... Only players collide?? :)

Urhos
September 29, 2004, 10:36 pm
mmmm, naah ;Q
the bullets would make little holes to the walls ;Q

Social Poison
September 29, 2004, 11:11 pm
-=ENLIGHTENMENT=-

Alamo
September 29, 2004, 11:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by Urhos
mmmm, naah ;Q
the bullets would make little holes to the walls ;Q

and beams of light shining through those holes... no... that's not very good... really!

Urhos
September 29, 2004, 11:55 pm
yea, i know ;Q
I wasnt that serious and all ;Q

ZeroDHotaru
September 30, 2004, 2:40 am
How about you place thigns that are destroyable (like doors, bunkers, maybe turrets too) and you can repair it by selecting a new secondary (or tool, w/e). But I like the Objectives. Make maps that are fixed (time, lives, reinforcments, or w/e is set up at in the Map Maker) and can't be change any of the options.

The reason I said "reinforcments" is becuase of the new Starwars game...Battlefront. It would be cool to have something along it (like call it Team Lives).

Dathker
September 30, 2004, 2:53 am
i would be cool to have a map distruction mode.. but this wouldn't be good for normal play...

Toumaz
September 30, 2004, 1:49 pm
I have always disliked terrain descruction... because it's not able to implent.

blackdevil0742
September 30, 2004, 3:53 pm
Destroyable terrain = liero

EDIT: DT why did you edit your post? It's in the middle of the topic.

Hercule Poirot
September 30, 2004, 4:20 pm
i would like to see defend the snowman against 100-200 (coming 10-20 at time) boogie man your objective is to defend snowman at all cost with minigun (in 1.2.1? 1.3? if the weapon editor is that you can add infinite bullets with no reload to teh miniguneh)

Urhos
September 30, 2004, 7:07 pm
or a starship troopers kind of shaite :O
joo is in a bunker and joo have turrets & [:-censored] and they come as an endless wave, and joo gotta survive the round (10min limit)

DT
October 1, 2004, 4:00 pm
i could just imagine it...

Me:PROTECT THE SNOWMAN AT ALL COSTS!!! GO GO GO!!!
Someguy: AH HELP THE RIGHT SIDE ITS UNDER HEAVY ATTACK ARGGG

KnOt
October 2, 2004, 6:07 pm
'Maybe in realistic mode' .. heh ;)