( search forums )
ctf_OldVilla (TPC candidate map)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
grand_diablo
September 29, 2004, 9:55 pm
Here Id like to present you a map made in "oldschool" style, means: no extreme-uber-smoothened map, but more edgy, less buggy and focused on gameplay, still providing a good gameplay.

If the map is liked, it might be an official map for the upcoming TPC (The Pwnage Cup).

(image hosted by TNL/Hektik Sniper)
[IMAGE]

map description

The map is actually a hugely improved and modified remake of ctf_2dungeons (one of my very early maps, if someone remembers, the topic might still exist at the soldat.pl forums). Additionaly its a bit inspired by chakapoko maker's ctf_Afghanistan, but provides a base more open, maybe similar to Kampf, but without that almost-unescapable flagpit.

Eventhough it is a quite simple map, its possible to play close matches with some tactical influence. The gameplay has it's own style, (but if you insist, it might be described as a combination of Kampf and ctf_Swamp).

The texture used is "Ziggerzig" of Soap's texture dump/official forums, the few sceneries are self made..

Recommended team sizes: 3on3 - 5on5.

have fun and good luck

zaraza
September 29, 2004, 10:18 pm
hey cool map.D/L

it reminds me of liero :)

blackdevil0742
September 30, 2004, 6:42 am
very nice, me d/l
looks painful when you've captured the flag and then going back the lower path

CHE_guevara
September 30, 2004, 12:32 pm
VERY good! I like colors like thouse!!!

Hercule Poirot
September 30, 2004, 12:57 pm
pretty map classic you :Q

Toumaz
September 30, 2004, 1:56 pm
Very nice map!

Skate4Razors
September 30, 2004, 1:57 pm
The old style maps are my favorite! So, IM GOING TO DOWNLOAD IN 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!!

I have no life...[:D]

GJ!

ThaD
September 30, 2004, 9:17 pm
really nice

chakapoko maker
October 1, 2004, 5:09 am
it seems a kind of experimental maps(not bad meaning). frankly i thought i wanted more horizontal pieces while i know it's a valley. well, i've found the large stairs are able to make a cover zone. the space around them is cut by the square edge. it's something interesting. i memorized the middle design and some things. the base is to be polished then it maybe get what it has not been done imo.

Deo
October 1, 2004, 3:04 pm
Looks very nice but it's not my style of map [8)]