( search forums )
Suggestions...non-barret related ones!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
papasurf31
September 30, 2004, 2:15 am
How about if there are a few different looking muzzle flashes for each weapon and it would be random which one pops up. Just thought it might make the game look better since every weapon having the same muzzle flash over and over and over seems kinds dumb.

How about, in realistic mode, bullets move faster, like in real life so it actually is harder to dodge and focus is put more into aiming and shooting rather than jumping around and flying.

How about, in realistic mode, there is momentum. For example, if falling from a high place or jumping forward or running, you don't immediately stop. Instead, you keep on going a few steps, or you roll forward (unintentionally).

How about, in realistic mode, grenades bounce when you throw them insted of just rolling. And when your shot, you might lose grenades too, like they were shot off you or something.

How about, in realistic mode, moving while reloading slows it down a bit.

How about, in realistic mode, explosions knock you back and stun you a bit so you lie on the ground/can't move, but can shoot.

How about options to turn aspects of realistic mode on and off seperately (like falling damage withought low health or recoil ith low health but no falling damage)

oh yeah, and vehiclez!!

ZeroDHotaru
September 30, 2004, 2:26 am
I like those ideas! I think it would be funny to pull a Halo and shoot a gernade close to you (but you don't die of course) and you get flung across a few yards. Cool if you get hit with a nade and you actually flip around and hit the ground (as if you died, but you are still alive) and you get back up with the prone key.

_Mancer_
September 30, 2004, 2:26 am
These own. The only one I dont like is the fact grenades can get shot off you. Thats it.

Oh yeah and your best suggestion has to be vehicles, definently.

Dathker
September 30, 2004, 2:31 am
..no vehicles... just becuase its called realistic doesn't mean its extremely realistic...

BManx2000
September 30, 2004, 2:32 am
Geez, you said "How about, in realistic mode," about 5 times :P

ZeroDHotaru
September 30, 2004, 2:34 am
Lol.

The nades geting shot off would be annoying, unless if they could be dropped after getting killed, then you can pull a halo through that too!

"Come over here, ok, *thwap, 5 nades fall on ground*, ok again!"

The Geologist
September 30, 2004, 4:34 am
How about, in the Soldat forum, you don't start every sentance with "how about". About, however, these suggestions...me likey, except for the loss of nades when being shot and the stun effect. [:-eyebrows]

_Mancer_
September 30, 2004, 7:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dathker
..no vehicles... just becuase its called realistic doesn't mean its extremely realistic...

He was joking about that :/

blackdevil0742
September 30, 2004, 8:03 pm
I like your ideas

BTW How about, you don't have unlimited ammo

imkingcarl
September 30, 2004, 9:37 pm
well it should be really realistic. in my opinion it would make the game more fun

Droopy
September 30, 2004, 9:40 pm
And you'd have to buy it!

DeMonIc
October 1, 2004, 9:07 am
Egh...
These would make realistic mode even less popular than it is already...:(

blackdevil0742
October 1, 2004, 11:14 am
I play realistic more than the normal one

DT
October 1, 2004, 3:38 pm
not me.. i hardly play it... damn evil fall damage

papasurf31
October 4, 2004, 12:24 am
How about you all shut the fu- Oh wait...you LIKE them? Wait till my friends hear about this!

Michal
October 4, 2004, 12:42 am
I like all the ideas except the one about loosing nades when shot, that would be annoying. I especially like the bullets flying faster idea, that would be awesome. Limited ammo would also be good, maybe one or two mags when u spawn, and then you have to ditch ur gun and pick up another.

Alamo
October 4, 2004, 12:56 am
I perfectly agree with Michal. Those are mostly great ideas!

Element_101
October 4, 2004, 10:51 am
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000
Geez, you said "How about, in realistic mode," about 5 times :P

Thats just what I was thinking...

Rhombus
October 4, 2004, 11:12 am
I love every Idea except for the nades shot of your body and the vehicles. That would just make it unsoldatty.

Vassili_Zaitsev
October 9, 2004, 1:00 pm
gr8 ideas! i dont like the nades being shot off...but hey!
i love the idea of being thrown away if u are near a nade going off and you have to pick yourself up! but shooting whilst on the ground? maby, it would be like you get thrown away...then you roll ova and are prone? like a little uncontroled movement of rolling ova?
the vehicles sounds cool, like a tank maby not a tank, but a jeep with a shotgun position (wow we really are getting halo-iy)?
on the subject of halo ;) i cant wait 4 halo2!!

papasurf31
October 9, 2004, 8:21 pm
my suggestions -> vehicles -> jeeps with shotguns -> halo 2

WTF!?

0xSilentx0
October 10, 2004, 6:36 am
How bout in realistic mode, you are invincible the first few seconds, so in certain maps, you wont start out with low health