Someone has been playing CS.

I like the weapon menu as it is.

Amezis
September 30, 2004, 6:03 pm
It could be an option [:)] :

[IMAGE]

LazehBoi
September 30, 2004, 6:13 pm
Looks okay, but I think many people would favour the classic to your suggestion, some respawn times are quick, very quick, that and I guess people don't really give a damn about the weapons, and it's better with simplicity, having to scroll is an instant lose when theres a fast respawn time.

Snake12
September 30, 2004, 6:23 pm
[IMAGE]

Clic "RESPAWN" to respawn ^^

-------------------------------------

New Edit:

[IMAGE]

n00bface
September 30, 2004, 6:54 pm
Too complex. I like the effort put into the suggestion, though. I don't, however, like the "level" part :)

Alamo
September 30, 2004, 6:56 pm
That's it! Great! I want to control when I respawn! :D

Amezis
September 30, 2004, 7:10 pm
If it was still a normal respawn time, and when the respawn time is up, if you haven't clicked respawn, you won't respawn before you click on it, or everywhere outside the weapon menu. And this is another thing that would be great:
[IMAGE]

And if you only double-click on the weapon in the menu, it's selected.

blackdevil0742
September 30, 2004, 7:15 pm
Hey I like this option idea

Snake12
September 30, 2004, 7:24 pm
[IMAGE]

Now i've realy finished ^^

Amezis
September 30, 2004, 7:55 pm
A small change to your idea, snake12:
[IMAGE]

Droopy
September 30, 2004, 9:35 pm
I like it!

A bit more complecated, but I like it anyway! Gives you more control and some weapwns info.

NICE! The option idea is good too.

mar77a
September 30, 2004, 9:37 pm
IUts simple to messy...its easier the common menu, for fast respawns.

Amezis
October 1, 2004, 9:12 am
Simply double-click on the weapon you want and it's selected like one-click on the menu today. And normally, when i play with the same weapon all the time:
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
October 1, 2004, 9:34 am
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

This would be so good I can't believe it! [:)]

Jap_man
October 1, 2004, 10:02 am
It's an alright idea, though I like the current weapon selection system the way it is.

Deleted User
October 1, 2004, 3:24 pm
too complicated. cool idea though.

DT
October 1, 2004, 3:33 pm
no leveling up weapons though.... then i think this idea would be [file]yes.gif,12724,,[/file]

Subslider
October 1, 2004, 3:40 pm
i really like.. but i dont understand what the exp is for...

shouldnt that be some thing like damage or sumthing?¿?

Snake12
October 1, 2004, 4:28 pm
high experience = high accuracy and fast reload

Urhos
October 1, 2004, 4:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by Amezis
Simply double-click on the weapon you want and it's selected like one-click on the menu today. And normally, when i play with the same weapon all the time:
[IMAGE]

This would be perfect ;Q

CHE_guevara
October 1, 2004, 5:07 pm
LOL!!!That is a good Idea!!!

DT
October 1, 2004, 7:38 pm
i thought that already in soldat clicking outside the weapon box...

R0L4ND
October 1, 2004, 9:07 pm
No. No leveling. Period. Your new suggestion (Apart from your grammar errors, yes, I am a lingual nazi) is rather good if there would be new weapons added.

Inquisitor
October 2, 2004, 9:27 am
i just luv this.

Alamo
October 2, 2004, 10:42 am
Ewww didn't see that EXP the first time. EXP would not be very good (actually it would suck) because you would need a central server to store your EXP on or you would store it in your game folder and everyone would be messing around with it.

Amezis
October 2, 2004, 11:20 am
Was just thinking about it. But we could have an exp in just the server, and when you leave, you loose all your exp.

^^Dammit it wasnt a good idea lol [:P] ^^

Alamo
October 2, 2004, 12:06 pm
no it wasn't.

DeMonIc
October 2, 2004, 1:25 pm
Experience for weapon...wake up dude, this is soldat, not Diablo, nor S.W.I.N.E. nor Red Alert!

Amezis
October 2, 2004, 1:48 pm
That's why i said "dammit this wasnt a good idea" but the red bar should show how much it hits, so the barret hit 100& so the red bar should be totally red, and d. eagles hits 55% then 55% of the bar is red... That's my idea.

Alamo
October 2, 2004, 1:50 pm
eh? nah that's dumb... i would just give them like 'hit points' but that's not very intelligent either because they vary with the part of body you hit and the kinetic energy (e.g. shooting upwards does not as much damage as shooting downwards)

Amezis
October 2, 2004, 2:03 pm
ok then... But maybe Michal should take a look to this??? I mean that's a good idea, if it's an option.

blackdevil0742
October 2, 2004, 4:27 pm
eh...no!!!

zyxstand
October 2, 2004, 5:28 pm
few things:
- that outside click to keep same gun is already in the game for those who don't no!
- and the barret does not do 100%! It does over 100
- and guns do different damage depending on how far away so i think that if the bar should show how much damage, it should have a range, at least of the most common areas from a certain distance: from how much damage it does when shooting at the screen end to how much damage it does when the person is right in front of u!

KnOt
October 2, 2004, 6:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Urhos
quote:Originally posted by Amezis
[IMAGE]

This would be perfect ;Q

I agree

Dathker
October 4, 2004, 4:12 am
eh sounds fun...

DT
October 4, 2004, 4:33 am
No weapon exp this isn't a rpg
but i like the idea... now if Big M sees this...

BlackStar
October 4, 2004, 6:21 am
Best part about this idea is that when the weapons editor is released, you'll be able to see how the weapons have changed in each server, assuming the variables are set up right. Awesome idea.

Vassili_Zaitsev
October 8, 2004, 2:43 am
i think that idea is greeeaaat.
go for it i rekon.
i have always wanted more weapons in soldat, the current ones are cool, but they are missing some.
also, weapons modes would be kool, like a under-slung grenade launcher (m203) or a small-zoom or as lazer sight etc.
customizable weapons, thats the word.
any1 here play americas army? like the m4a1 SF weapon

3rd_account
October 8, 2004, 9:39 am
If it was an option then why the hell not? And I how you could chose when to respawn by clicking Fire. Would be good for servers with too short respawntime for you to press Tab, or if you wanted to go afk for a minute without getting killed a bunch of times.

Mr Morfina
October 8, 2004, 10:21 pm
New cool modern weapon menu.... yes
exp for guns .... nope

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 9, 2004, 6:44 am
What are you guys talking about? That red bar is not for Exp at all, he never even suggested that. The Red Bar represents the accuracy of the weapon, like showing how the guns are accurate compared to each other.

For example, MP5 would have a low red bar, while Barret or Minimi would have a high red bar.

Deleted User
October 9, 2004, 10:04 am
I didn't see anything about experience...which would be a bad idea. A bad bad bad bad idea.