( search forums )
Warn and autokick n00bs in rambomatch
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
BManx2000
October 1, 2004, 3:02 am
How about in rambomatch, if a n00b kills a bunch of people who don't have the bow, a big message would pop up saying "Kill only the person with the bow!". This would probably be more effective than people just saying it. If they keep doing it, they would be automatically kicked and banned for half an hour. Of course, this would not count for killing people when no one has the bow.

kevith
October 1, 2004, 3:21 am
I really like this idea (or at least something like it). Getting killed by morons is the biggest reason why I get annoyed with Rambomatch and leave.

LazehBoi
October 1, 2004, 4:56 am
I take revenge when nobody has the bow, but yeah, this is a good suggestion.

Elephant_Hunter
October 1, 2004, 5:16 am
Eh... no?

Ever heard of strategy? It's called killing people in the way.

Unlucky 13
October 1, 2004, 6:12 am
But the point is, look at all the n00bs out there who kill people when they have no bow on levels like Jungle. They kill people down the bottom when the bow-mans up top! I concur...

blackdevil0742
October 1, 2004, 6:47 am
But then you would have to wait that the person takes the bow.
I usualy kill the ppl that are near the bow when no one has it, or do you mean when a person has the bow? Then when it's on the ground you can shoot ppl with out that "Kill only the person with the bow!".

Elephant_Hunter
October 1, 2004, 7:01 am
Technically, anyone between me and the bow is in the way.

If you disagree, take elementary school again.

Rhombus
October 1, 2004, 7:08 am
lol I never played rambomatch online but I do know that the bots in my way easily get killed :p Or I just use em as distraction so rambo shoots at them.

BManx2000
October 1, 2004, 2:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_Hunter
Technically, anyone between me and the bow is in the way.

If you disagree, take elementary school again.

You sound like one of the rambomatch n00bs that everybody hates.

quote:Originally posted by blackdevil0742
But then you would have to wait that the person takes the bow.
I usualy kill the ppl that are near the bow when no one has it, or do you mean when a person has the bow? Then when it's on the ground you can shoot ppl with out that "Kill only the person with the bow!".

I said, "Of course, this would not count for killing people when no one has the bow."

DT
October 1, 2004, 3:20 pm
how about a simple point off...

Elephant_Hunter
October 1, 2004, 3:25 pm
I'm gonna keep killing you over and over. This idea won't be implemented, so you can't do anything about it [:-jester]

Generally I do very well in rambo matches. Maybe you're not getting my point.

blackdevil0742
October 1, 2004, 3:42 pm
Oh, sorry BManx2000 I must have missed it

kevith
October 1, 2004, 7:24 pm
Taking a point off probably won't work because the people that kill you don't seem to really care about the game mode or winning. They just want to kill people for "fun" or they're stupid (it's more likely that they're stupid). I say ban them and let them find a DM server.

DT
October 1, 2004, 7:35 pm
if thier doing it on purpose then yes they should be banned but if you ban every person that kills a guy as thier getting the bow...

BManx2000
October 1, 2004, 7:47 pm
Points already are taken off when you kill someone when somebody has the bow, so it obviously isn't effective.

DT: It's not "INstant ban for everyone who kills a non-rambo", it would only apply to people who kill non-rambos frequently.

Elephant hunter: With all due respect, screw you.

Elephant_Hunter
October 1, 2004, 10:02 pm
Maybe when you get your own server you can ban me, but I play under fair game and get my score legitamitely. Those idiots you kick from your rambo servers would be better off not playing Soldat at all. They teamkill and spawnkill just to piss people off, and the newbies can just be told that the point of the game is to kill the guy with the rambo bow. For hell's sake, I doubt they even know how to drop their weapon let alone how to properly play Soldat.

Try your act of "revenge against evil non-rambo killers" someplace else. The border between strategy, ignorance and idiocy is not as clear as you may perceive it.

All together this was an okay idea, albeit not thought out.

kevith
October 1, 2004, 10:21 pm
The suggestion contained a solution to the newbies problem (the message), a solution to the idiot problem (auto-kick), and an exception for the strategic players (no kicking while bow is free). The suggestion in its entirety goes toward helping the strategic "serious" player.

It looks like Elephant Hunter is just being argumentative since he hasn't really haven't offered any useful criticism of the idea.

Elephant_Hunter
October 1, 2004, 10:34 pm
Well, kevith... you found me out. I am argumentative today. Although the proposed warning and the autokick aren't a solution to this exaggerated problem.

I've got a great idea for those of you too feeble minded to handle thinking : -8 score = kick. The number should be adjustible in the server options and will still be operational in non-rambo styles of play.

Banning in any sense should not be automated. Accidents, yes even -8 scores, happen.

BManx2000
October 1, 2004, 10:43 pm
Elephant hunter, it's obvious no one agrees with you, so why don't you just shut up?

Elephant_Hunter
October 2, 2004, 12:58 am
[edited]

Okay, I'll be quiet. I just get offended when people direct negative comments towards me. That doesn't change my opinion on this suggestion.

[edit again!]

I lied. Look at next page for more details.

Dustfiend
October 2, 2004, 1:09 am
I have to agree with elephant hunter. Rambomatch is basically a capture the flag, (bow being the flag), and everyone is a guard. If you cant get rid of the guards you dont deserve the bow. and for the "n00bs" killing you, what do you expect? a tea party discussing who gets to kill a man with a fancy bow?

brickman
October 2, 2004, 2:02 am
Here's my solution: if the number of people a player has killed reaches a third of the max points on the server, they are kicked. When it is halfway there and on the first kill they get the warning, telling how many they have left before kick. To help with "strategy", kills when there is no rambo won't count and every time you get the bow or kill rambo the counter resets.
Thus, only people who disregard the rules or REALLY, REALLY bad players who still pee in their training pants everytime they see rambo would get the boot.

kevith
October 2, 2004, 3:11 am
Let's stop with the insults and discuss possible solutions to the problem. I think Brickman's solution sounds promising. I don't think we're concerned about people who are legitimately going for the bow. We want to get rid of the people who go around killing anybody they see without any thought for strategy who are usually either new or being stupid. A warning would take care of the new people, and a kick would take care of the stupid ones.

For those of you who insist on killing everybody in sight as "strategy": Instead of looking at the other players as guards, think of them as teammates to kill Rambo. Unless you're barrett-whoring or m79ing you're probably going to need their help to kill him. Once Rambo is dead, it's every man for himself. There isn't much of a need to kill the other players when somebody else has the bow.

Elephant_Hunter
October 2, 2004, 5:18 am
I am sincerely apologetic that you are so thick as to insult me blatently kevith (especially behind the masquerade of "let's stop the insults".) I lied about shutting up (so sew me) and I feel that this topic is going down the drain anyways.

Don't make inferences to me or anyone else as a barret-whore or m79ing. Normally I use a knife or a ruger/minimi to hack at my opponents. These weapons make very good mincemeat out of everyone in my path to rambo. So unless you yourself cannot use any weapon but the barret and m79 with skill there is nothing in particular giving the wielder god-like unfair powers.

Soldat Rambo matches are hilarious and entertaining as it is. This change is not necessary.

Cookie.
October 2, 2004, 5:24 am
i like to kill the other people if i havea 0 score to make sure rambo dosnt get ne free kills :P his kills have to come from me

also i tend to kill people near rambo just because if i kill rambo and have a empty clip they could just knife me take the bow and poon!

i say no killing is fine you get the -1 point for it? dont you>?

kevith
October 2, 2004, 5:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_Hunter
I am sincerely apologetic that you are so thick as to insult me blatently kevith (especially behind the masquerade of "let's stop the insults".) I lied about shutting up (so sew me) and I feel that this topic is going down the drain anyways.

Don't make inferences to me or anyone else as a barret-whore or m79ing. Normally I use a knife or a ruger/minimi to hack at my opponents. These weapons make very good mincemeat out of everyone in my path to rambo. So unless you yourself cannot use any weapon but the barret and m79 with skill there is nothing in particular giving the wielder god-like unfair powers.

Soldat Rambo matches are hilarious and entertaining as it is. This change is not necessary.
*Sigh* Why do you have to make yourself out to be the victim here? Are you just looking for a fight or a reason to feel insulted? That phrase ("lets stop with the insults") was directed toward everybody who keeps calling people names and is sidestepping the issue here. You are not the only one doing that, but you seem to be the most persistent. First you refer to the people who are "too feeble minded to handle thinking" because they can't read your mind. Then you call me "thick" because you twist my words into an insult directed at you. The comment about "barrett-whoring" was directed at a rhetorical 'you.' I'm sorry if you felt offended by my comments but not everything is about you...

Elephant_Hunter
October 2, 2004, 9:58 pm
I was not sidestepping the issue. I pointed out a major problem with this idea and made a suggesstion on how it might be changed.

Jap_man
October 3, 2004, 7:52 am
It's a good idea, but it's not going to work.
People kill others who dont have the bow in a Rambo matches beacuse:
1) They want to stop an enemy from getting the bow (eg. if two of you are running for the bow and you kill the other guy).
& 2)Because they dont know how to play Rambo matches.

baning people for killing someone without the bow seems wont work, because people kill each other for reasons other than the fact that they cant play rambo.
We're going to have to live with idiots who cant play rambo matches, the only way you can stop that is having a private server.

BManx2000
October 3, 2004, 3:57 pm
I have another suggestion that will anger and infuriate elephant hunter even more (although that is not the point of the suggestion): An option which, if turned on, would make non-rambo people invincible to each other if someone has the bow.