( search forums )
New form of server hacking.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
tha-cube
October 1, 2004, 1:39 pm
Ok.. im not sure how exactly it works. But [:-censored] (the australian guy who released the soldat trainers) has 2 new hacks which im not sure if anyone is aware of. Firstly, myself and another person in the aus. soldat community have paid to have 2 public 100mbit servers hosted. =A1= Ozzynode, and the Ausdat server. [:-censored] (now playing as xerox) has hacked the servers and managed to obtain the admin-pass's. Since then he has done malicious [:-censored] like shutting down the servers, using the /shutdown command. Also he has an anti-ban hack, which is displayed in this log. He clearly keeps rejoining with the same ip, after i ban him time and time again.

/ban XeRoX
XeRoX has been kicked and permanently banned
203.108.49.253:50678 requesting game...
XeRoX joining game (203.108.49.253:50678)
XeRoX has joined alpha team.
=UN= Jeesus returned the Red Flag
[Tokain]-KiDy- gets a ping warning
/ban XeRoX
Kaytec joining game (213.184.24.122:63187)
Kaytec has joined alpha team.
[Kamikaze] bye xerox
[=A1= Carcass|T|] ever heard of /ban?
=UN= Pink Sauce PizzaDog scores for Alpha Team
Kaytec gets a ping warning
203.108.49.253:50679 requesting game...
XeRoX joining game (203.108.49.253:50679)
XeRoX has joined bravo team.
[XeRoX]
EAT
MY
[:-censored]
/ban XeRoX
[=A1= Carcass|T|] OH
[Mega Happy Super Friend] anyone keen for some one on one action?
Kaytec gets a ping warning
[=A1= Carcass|T|] HE SO SKEELFUL
[dA| Black Orange*] ns..
203.108.49.253:50680 requesting game...
[SK| Foodoo] die..
[Million Dollar Man] lkol
XeRoX joining game (203.108.49.253:50680)
XeRoX has joined bravo team.
[Kamikaze] ty
[XeRoX] aghain!
/ban XeRoX
203.108.49.253:50707 requesting game...
XeRoX joining game (203.108.49.253:50707)
XeRoX has joined alpha team.
[XeRoX] bye bye server1
/ban XeRoX
[=A1= Carcass|T|] :D
[Million Dollar Man] soban 1 on 1?
[=UN= Jeesus] lol
Kamikaze returned the Blue Flag
Million Dollar Man scores for Bravo Team
[=A1= Carcass|T|] million
[MX|Soban] un, ok
[=A1= Carcass|T|] i will
[Mega Happy Super Friend] CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Million Dollar Man] u have server?
=UN= Pink Sauce PizzaDog captured the Blue Flag
[=A1= Carcass|T|] join Carcassfield.
=XC= DeViLmE |SyN|(1) captured the Red Flag
[=A1= Carcass|T|]
[Million Dollar Man] ok
[=UN= Meat Lovers <PIZZA>] osama, im thinking million dollar man is huckit
[=A1= Carcass|T|] k?
[Million Dollar Man] pass
[=UN= Meat Lovers <PIZZA>] huckit
Shutting server...

At this point he shut my server down, and i had to wait for my server dude to restart it. It goes without saying that a vulnerablity, like being able to obtain admin pass's should be fixed imediately.

EDIT---------

It has since come to my attention, that he isn't actually obtaining the admin pass, or even logging in as an admin.. he has found a way, so that he can by-pass this, and control the server without the need for it. In his 'hacking forums' they talk about it in detail, i wont post the link, Michael probs already knows it.

Ping_P0NG
October 1, 2004, 1:49 pm
LOL yeh this happens alot, but dude I dont think your allowed to post his name.... I'd suggest u edit it out quickly

LazehBoi
October 1, 2004, 2:51 pm
There it is... It's the reason to quit Soldat, right there, not like I played much anymore, anyway. It's too bad, A1 was a really good server.

*sigh* That person has been causing trouble on quakenet too, but don't worry, everything will hopefully be fixed soon... Although, I think you should have PMed michal about this instead of making a thread, many people are going to be panicking now... -.-;;;

n00bface
October 1, 2004, 2:59 pm
The reason he was able to rejoin is because admins can bypass bans. I can, however, confirm the existance of this hack :( It is also used to fake text that 'other people' say.

Hercule Poirot
October 1, 2004, 7:51 pm
i can confirm this hack too guy who used this camed to unpure server today when there was clanwar going on and speaked as me and other players and changed bonus frequency to 5???

DeafBox
October 2, 2004, 10:04 am
Yep, this is forcing soldat into new lows. What is the point of playing and more importantly paying for a server when u are at the mercy of some 16 year old skinny white boy who can shutdown your server when ever he feels like?

At the end of the day is there any point playing? There is so much i want to say and post, but unfortately this guy is an Aussie and not my greatest fan. So im not going to say anything for fear of being hacked. Seriously, how lame is that? Its just... i dont know what to say, Mike fix this sh!r or im just going to quit.

Subslider
October 2, 2004, 7:23 pm
only thing i have to say is

the bigger a game gets.. the more variaty of ppl it gets.. including lamers like these..
soldat has a problem al right.. that is that ist growing.. its gettin more and more ppl..

just look at other "more" populair games.. happens there also..

just look at CS:S.. i know many ppl will say that its a bad example but its practaly the same..
when it just came out there were only good players.. when the beta bacam more and more populair it got all sorts of hacks an cheats.. now there are allreaddy couple of cheating clans..

anyways what im trying to say here is that there isnt much you can do bout it..
ppl will always find an way to override its anti-cheat system and hack all the way..

sry if im being unclear or bad spelling but im reallly tired.. Sub..

Mole_Incarnate
October 3, 2004, 6:01 am
Are you running a linux or windows server? Wondering if this is only related to one of them, cause we havent had any probs like this (something similar, but I can assure you it wasnt this, im sure you iinet regulars have heard about it) but we're running linux. This is a pretty serious prob...

Also... im prolly going to get flamed a little here, but if that Australian your talking about is Lucifa... prolly isnt, he hasnt been hacking (at least making hacks, or hacking on iinet) for a while now, few months, but hes been telling me of people who have been ripping off his previous work, and claiming it for their own, now, theres no honour among hackers, if they had any at all, but I think it might be someone else this time. Ive got a small idea who tho.

n00bface
October 3, 2004, 1:46 pm
No, he's talking about someone else that everyone knows about, but whose name is censored on forums :) I'm pretty sure I know how this hack is made (because i tried it on my own server), and what bug it abuses, which is why I emailed Michal (still with no response..sent 10/2).

Mole_Incarnate
October 4, 2004, 4:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bface
No, he's talking about someone else that everyone knows about, but whose name is censored on forums :) I'm pretty sure I know how this hack is made (because i tried it on my own server), and what bug it abuses, which is why I emailed Michal (still with no response..sent 10/2).

Ah good... uh, would like to know who that is tho, could you pm me with the name ^^, just add spaces in it or something hehe. What kind of a admin would I be if I didnt know the latest hack creators and such (.... I know like none as it it :P).

josheat
October 8, 2004, 3:58 pm
i know the site, i just went ther and they think cheating is a new "fun" way of playing soldat. and they complain about being called N00bs too.... its really pathetic