( search forums )
inf_Rise
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
chakapoko maker
October 1, 2004, 10:40 pm
that fell in a big, now it rises quietly. this is a inf map and an application for a mapping competition of [URL]. there are 2 subjects of mapping; high building occupied by terrorists ,and ship. i took the former you know. the result will be open soon.

i have tried to enhance scenerying on this map. light and shadow, time, water, silence, ladder, penis, rise and twilight are the things from which i can remember. the gameplay is similar to my old zombie inf "shagfamily", though the disposition is inverted. so it will work well on zombie server. i think it's been a kick ass inf. btw bots don't go to get the flag because the rule of "return to our base" doesn't apply to its design. anyhow i know you want to grab it with your hands. in addition, i couldn't waypoint it perfectly and sometimes bots will be stuck in the shaft. and... the readme doesn't have my usual phrase so i have to say that here:

Enjoy the structure of evening, Rise!

--
[file]overview_inf_rise.jpg,14214,,0[/file]

[file]ss_inf_rise.jpg,14214,,0[/file]

[file]inf_rise040930.zip,14214,,0[/file]
----------------------------
Infomation:
----------------------------
- match type: inf (dm, rambo, point match)
- botted: yes
- custom scenery: no
- custom texture: no

The Geologist
October 2, 2004, 2:06 am
I like it! [:D] After DLing and playing it a bit, I hafta say the layout of the map really grew on me. An interesting concept and layout. Makes me wish I had more mapping experience..how do you make your lights/clouds? Just something moved in from a program like paint?

karmazonpl
October 2, 2004, 2:11 am
quote:Originally posted by chakapoko maker
i have tried to enhance scenerying on this map. light and shadow, time, water, silence, ladder, penis, rise and twilight are the things from which i can remember.

Whaaaaaat ?!?

peemonkey
October 2, 2004, 2:53 am
lol. it's amazing what actually gets overlooked in the forums...:D
map: like yo sti-ull

Skate4Razors
October 2, 2004, 3:12 am
Man that's a great map! I really like the lights in the middle thingy. It makes that map look "different", but in a good way =) Nice Work! The clouds look nice to, not many people can put clouds in their maps and not be flamed!

Jap_man
October 2, 2004, 4:15 am
Looks good, though the polygons probably need a bit more work on.
But then again I couldn't do better ;p.
Good map anyawy ;D

blackdevil0742
October 2, 2004, 8:51 am
very good looking map
D/l

LazehBoi
October 2, 2004, 8:55 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonpl
quote:Originally posted by chakapoko maker
i have tried to enhance scenerying on this map. light and shadow, time, water, silence, ladder, penis, rise and twilight are the things from which i can remember.

Whaaaaaat ?!?

Hey, it rises.

Wooooah, i'm so downloading this, looks really cool ;o

Deo
October 2, 2004, 12:19 pm
That map looks very good, I'm gonna download it soon

Hercule Poirot
October 2, 2004, 2:07 pm
looks kinda big map but that is good ^^

Urhos
October 2, 2004, 2:09 pm
Looking good ;Q

GluLm
October 2, 2004, 3:11 pm
Good map. The colours are a bit ugly though but the overall design is good.
It's the best map in the Map Festival with inf_UGBuil. Only buildings maps were good so far. ;)
eeh... where is the rising penis? lol

CHE_guevara
October 2, 2004, 3:17 pm
LOL!!!man it's a really good map!!!!

chakapoko maker
October 2, 2004, 6:45 pm
you could find it under the truck [8)]

>>The Geologist
i mean i tried to use a default scenery skillfully, or a trick scenery such as a bunker for the background and height-stretching sceneries with faint color for the clouds, and bigcrates for the moon. there were many of undos to put the clouds fitly and all of scenerying was just a trial and error.

Cookie.
October 3, 2004, 6:17 am
jeje cool map i dl map lol where is teh penis is it the landform under the trukc? O_O penus map lol

BoomStick
October 3, 2004, 12:34 pm
That map = pwnage. I think I can see the Penis.

Guil
October 4, 2004, 8:22 pm
Nice map! I like to play REd in a 6 vs 6 real mode with no SG.

Zero72
October 8, 2004, 5:46 am
WOW! I'm definitely getting this one. Freaking awesome. Love the colors.

KnOt
October 8, 2004, 1:38 pm
I like it, I like it a lot

Deleted User
October 8, 2004, 5:58 pm
I LOVE this map...

Zero72
October 8, 2004, 6:02 pm
The majority of the map is beautiful and it works perfectly, but I really don't know about the flag positions. I think the black flag should be where the white flag is, and the white flag should probably be in the truck.

sazzam
October 9, 2004, 6:09 am
one of the best maps ive seen ive been waiting for one like this

Darkspirit
March 16, 2005, 5:27 pm
I love it :D. Let's see this map on servers ;)

MercyM
March 16, 2005, 6:52 pm
Argh, you bumpers...

Skate4Razors
March 16, 2005, 7:56 pm
Darkspirit, I think this map is official. Please die, please. ;P

Darkspirit
March 16, 2005, 11:09 pm
Lol S4R i know n00bface already got it on his server since months, this is only my 1st lazy message and i wrote this.. lol :P

Rambo_6
March 18, 2005, 2:48 am
I have only two problems with this map: The spawn setups, and the ugly bright red background.

I find the bright red background on the lower area to be very... Trippy... It hurts my eyes when i play for too long. If you perhaps toned the lower red color down by making it greyer or darker, i'd love it.

I find this map is sort of unfair for red, since they have to fight an uphill battle to reach the top. Plus, you've put the blue spawns on the top and bottom, so there's a higher chance that the red team will encounter the blues at least once on their travel to the top. I suggest putting all the blue spawns at the top of the building (spread out on the top floor) and keeping all the red spawns in the truck. that way, the blues will have a harder time camping at the flag, and the reds will have a chance to actually climb a bit before they have to really get into a big firefight.

Overall, this map has real potential. Good job making the makeshift truck :D

chakapoko maker
March 18, 2005, 2:31 pm
thanks R_6 and Darkspirit(consequently -_-;). i do like to hear a view of spawn setting and layout based on gameplay. i think nothing brings a better version but them.
i was unable to set the spawns precisely by the strange position of black flag. so i set blue spawn around like dm. as you say, red haven't an advantage of height. i think i made light of it. i will change and tweak the respawn and some things you mentioned to of this map, and of other inf of mines.
and actually a truck is made of many of parts :D