( search forums )
anyone not play?/-/Tommyknockers im PC's
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
peemonkey
October 2, 2004, 5:11 am
anyone here not really play anymore, but post cuz they dont much got anything else to do?[:-toast]

The Geologist
October 2, 2004, 8:01 am
lol..I'd fit into that category. Only because my connection is screwing me over...I have a great cable connection, ~100 mb, but my ping jumps all over the place and I lag the crap out of the games I join. How this is, I'll never know. [B)]

AerialAssault
October 2, 2004, 8:09 am
maybe u have a firewall?

The Geologist
October 2, 2004, 8:10 am
Negatory captain.

Elephant_Hunter
October 2, 2004, 8:24 am
It's probably gremlins. They sneak into your internet connection and steal ping packets. Use some good anti-gremlin spray from Walmart or you can do it the hard way, manually.

The Geologist
October 2, 2004, 8:26 am
Gremlins? Explain yourself, because I'm actually quite eager to hear anything that could help me get rid of this problem. There's a Walmart on the other side of town...

peemonkey
October 2, 2004, 8:30 am
he's stupid. they're not gremlins. it's tommyknockers.

The Geologist
October 2, 2004, 8:31 am
Ohhhh...now THAT makes sense. [:P] Those [:-censored]s.

Elephant_Hunter
October 2, 2004, 8:32 am
Tommyknockers will do it too, but they tend to affect the server-side applications moreso than clients.

peemonkey
October 2, 2004, 8:40 am
not the ones we got around here. they effect anything with 1's and 0's.

The Geologist
October 2, 2004, 8:41 am
[:P] Silly people...any of you know what could really be messing with my connection...? If there is a topic for this, a link would be nice. I've searched and come back with nothing on the issue..

Elephant_Hunter
October 2, 2004, 8:45 am
I guess the California breed of Tommyknockers are a little different than the Arizona Desert Tommyknockers. Right now I'm looking it up in my PDA encyclopedia. Very cool stuff, although they left out several key factors concerning Soldat network instability.

LazehBoi
October 2, 2004, 8:46 am
I'd be in this category! \o/

The Geologist, sadly I don't know what the problem would be... Have you tried putting up a firewall instead? Crazy guess, I know nothing about it. 8D

The Geologist
October 2, 2004, 9:09 am
lol..thanks for the suggestion! It seems to have gotten a hold on my roaming ping for the timg being...~150 instead of 100-300

peemonkey
October 2, 2004, 9:15 am
i heard some tommyknockers in the sequoias yesterday, and one of the [:-censored]ers fell down. big-ass tree too. they're getting pissed cuz of all the chainsaws and no mining...

DeMonIc
October 2, 2004, 11:35 am
Bleh...since I got starcraft, I barely play soldat...my not-so-skillfullness is dropping greatly every day, and I just post around, coz I ain't got nothing better to do lately.

Edit:

Any Tommyknockers are evul.

peemonkey
October 2, 2004, 11:59 am
snap. an actual answer.