( search forums )
Serious Registration Problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Registration help and Shareware questions
LP-Echo
October 2, 2004, 5:17 pm
Okay, so I paid $9.00 via Digital Candle. Michal sent me an e-mail with an attachment. Inside the attachment is a file. However, when I double-click the file, I get a popup that says:

"Windows Security Warning: Windows found that this file is potentially harmful. To help protect your computer, Windows has blocked access to the file."

I'm sure that there's some auto-protect program that I should disable to be able to access the file, but I don't know which one it is. Has anybody else had this problem, and, if so, what should I do?

_Mancer_
October 2, 2004, 6:10 pm
Firewall maybe? I dont know.

When I registrated, it took me like 3-4 days for the thing to come.

Alamo
October 2, 2004, 6:42 pm
I don't promise you anything but try this (it could screw up your computer, don't blame me):
Press Windows Button + R
Type 'regedit'
Press Enter
go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Soldat
Now press 'File' in the Menu Bar and import the regedit file... Or something like that :) Tell us if it worked.

Social Poison
October 2, 2004, 7:53 pm
The reaso he ran into that one is because a lot of spyware and virusus try to do just what registration key does: edit your registry. Unfortunatly it would seem windows cannot tell the difference between soldat's reg key and a virus :(

Try what Alamo said though, that's kind of the manual way to do it, so it should work.

LP-Echo
October 3, 2004, 11:02 pm
Excellent.

The 'regedit' thing worked. I asked on another forum, and someone mentioned that it was one of the helpful 'security features' of WinXP Service Pack 2 that was blocking access to the file. I suppose I shouldn't complain about it - it could end up saving my computer some day.

Thanks to the guys that replied (especially Alamo).

Alamo
October 3, 2004, 11:28 pm
no problem :) I'm glad I could help you!