( search forums )
MoD Offical Clan Map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Dosh
October 3, 2004, 12:34 am
Made this in my spare time... i like it... so hopefully you do to...

Pictures:

First Picture Is The Whole Map then the others go from the left side of the map to the right... (its zoomed out a bit)
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

The Map isnt way pointed so have fun and hopefully you will put it on ur server :D

[file]MoD.zip,16835,,0[/file]

peemonkey
October 3, 2004, 1:34 am
shade that thing

_Mancer_
October 3, 2004, 1:41 am
Definently.

I dont like playing on maps made of cardboard.

Overall layout is a 8/10 Nj.

Skate4Razors
October 3, 2004, 1:44 am
Do what PeeMonkey said, and also use different scenery. The jungle is alright, but you need more types of scenery for it. If this is your first map released, then it's better than a lot. It is also way to big for a deathmatch or teamatch... It should be more of a ctf. Or is it a ctf or inf?

_Mancer_
October 3, 2004, 1:57 am
This would be a good ctf map.

Dosh
October 3, 2004, 3:54 am
yes this is my first map released but when i try and make it ctf all that happens is that you grab the flag and when you return it to your base it just gives you your flag... how do i fix this.. plus whats shading ?

peemonkey
October 3, 2004, 4:56 am
call it "ctf_mapnamegoeshere" to make it ctf.
(dont capitalize the P and M...that's not how it be....XP)

Deleted User
October 3, 2004, 11:42 am
Good map, but PLEASE SHADE IT![:-weepn]

Darac
October 4, 2004, 5:17 am
is it just me... or is this a complete rip off of one of the offcial maps?

what i dont understand about you people and the maps you make is they are all the same... i mean every once and a while someone comes up with something truly different but you dont ahve to do that... what i mean is all your maps seem to copy the character of other maps. To really make a great map you have to give it a great character... not just trees and grass and a few floating ledges and some sand bags dotted around!

Also, why are all you peaple so absessed with shading! i know a fear amount of great maps that arnt shaded all that well... i think some of you need to get over your lust for a good looking map... because for some of you guys, they'll be as hard to find as a good looking girl. (laughs to self)

anyway, im off, back into hibination... maybe ill come out these holidays (5 weeks from now) and make a few more maps to reclaim my posision as king of soldat map making. MUHUHhahahaaaa.....ha.....ha.........h.....a.........HA

Hektik Sniper
October 4, 2004, 12:09 pm
Now that you mention it, it does look a lot like laos....

Rhombus
October 4, 2004, 1:23 pm
well I'll be damned... your right
It does look like LAOS, only the top part is changed.
Playability......dunno didnt dl it
Looks............4/10
Originality......1/10
overall rating...2,5/10

LazehBoi
October 4, 2004, 1:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by Darac
is it just me... or is this a complete rip off of one of the offcial maps?

what i dont understand about you people and the maps you make is they are all the same... i mean every once and a while someone comes up with something truly different but you dont ahve to do that... what i mean is all your maps seem to copy the character of other maps. To really make a great map you have to give it a great character... not just trees and grass and a few floating ledges and some sand bags dotted around!

Yeah... That's probably the reason as to why I haven't released any maps, I have made a few, but they've been kinda bad... :(

Yeah, about the map, it looks alright, but it needs shading, some colour and some original ideas. Other than that, it isn't bad.