( search forums )
USERS-SYSTEM....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
mar77a
October 3, 2004, 2:51 am
This is my idea:
Soldat has a main server(ex.: lobby). When you want to play Soldat, you have to register in the main page. Then, you download the game, and when you start, you are asked for a lgin user a pass....In the main page you can set all your info....player name, colors, etc. There you can also see your stats (from all servers).

Grabbed this idea from www.carom3d.com

Seems good to me...

Borus
October 3, 2004, 2:56 am
You could also use this to stop the new hack, where you can't ban someone.

mar77a
October 3, 2004, 2:58 am
Yeah, usefull, if you cheat, you get deleted your account, and al your points and rating.....

karmazonpl
October 3, 2004, 3:40 am
I think it has been suggested before, and I don't like it, I don't want to go through 5 minutes of loading to play 2 minutes of soldat.

Elephant_Hunter
October 3, 2004, 3:42 am
This sounds good, although we would need a server handling all the user information.

josheat
October 3, 2004, 3:50 am
nah i dont think it will be very good. too much time to pay a little game of like, 10 mins

Jap_man
October 3, 2004, 3:56 am
I dont like this idea either. I dont want to wait 5 mins just so i can play one game of CTF. =\

peemonkey
October 3, 2004, 4:55 am
it's not good for soldat. anyone with a star can tell ya that. it'd stress a server pretty bad, it'd take far too long, and what's to stop from making another account?

LazehBoi
October 3, 2004, 5:18 am
And this would do.....?

b00stA
October 3, 2004, 10:59 am
What if the server is offline? I wouldn't be able to join a server via IP because it wants me to register, which isn't possible.

mar77a
October 3, 2004, 4:54 pm
Dont know if you got my idea:
"and what's to stop from making another account?" -> It doesnt care you making another account if yours was deleted, but you loose al your rating....

Too much time loading???...

DeMonIc
October 3, 2004, 5:25 pm
Look, account system would probably solve hackers somewhat, but other than that, it's just a waste of time, and you can read a dozens of reasons why ^^^^^^^ above ^^^^^^

Jaz
October 3, 2004, 5:25 pm
Is your idea....

You have a login name and pass. If ur caught cheating ur login is deleted and u cant login again. But with ur name u get points etc.....

Alamo
October 3, 2004, 5:57 pm
Also see the locked Experience suggestion...

mar77a
October 3, 2004, 6:35 pm
So, whyy is it a waste of time? What are the disadvanteges?:
*You register your player(Only once, 2 minutes)
*You enter soldat, you login with your user and pass...(10 seconds)
*You play...

karmazonpl
October 3, 2004, 6:58 pm
yeah I usually play soldat for 2 minutes, when I'm bored, so I just turn on the game, and I'm in, screw loging in and other useless stuff

Denacke
October 3, 2004, 7:43 pm
Nice thinking, but if you really want to cheat and are a bit smart, you just create some other account.

n00bface
October 3, 2004, 8:02 pm
Guess what? Hacker's dont give a [:-censored] about points and rating :) This has been suggested many times before, it's just not a very good idea. It could work for a game that is strictly pay-to-play, but not for a freeware game where everyone can register multiple accounts. And, no, you can't restrict 1 account per IP or that would be exactly the same as banning IPs from servers :) Oh, and palloco seems to like to contradict a lot of things I say that are totally irrelevant to the discussion, so...No, I don't care if you think that the game is not freeware :| Also, DT can ignore this thread.

Borus
October 3, 2004, 8:09 pm
[:(!]

n00bface
October 3, 2004, 8:16 pm
I guess you totally ignored the other posts. What's to restrict people from making new profiles?

karmazonpl
October 3, 2004, 8:19 pm
And besides, read Boosta's post
big NO on that one

Borus
October 4, 2004, 12:41 am
quote:Originally posted by Borus
If you were to use this to stop hacks, you could only register 1 profile, with 10 names(you have to enter them on registering and can't change them).

Anyway, screw it... I don't mind it the way it is now.

n00bface
October 4, 2004, 1:03 am
No, really..how could you 'only' register 1 profile? How will soldat know if you've registered one beforehand?

Tyrs_Hand
October 4, 2004, 6:02 am
Regestry entry. just give it some generic name and put it in the windaz part so people cant find it

b00stA
October 4, 2004, 3:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tyrs_Hand
Regestry entry. just give it some generic name and put it in the windaz part so people cant find it

People will find it, simply because it's supposed to be hidden.

DT
October 5, 2004, 4:02 pm
rather not have a lobby... maybe a offical mirco room or something