( search forums )
Best suggestions, is there even any good?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
-Claw-
October 3, 2004, 3:57 pm
yeah, post best suggestions for Soldat, to here, i think ppl dont like this thread (like they dont like others neither, (Soldat forums own problem))
seriously, i have seen some good, but ppl can always say :"no, jsut NO!" and "Soldat = Simple" to EVERY suggestion (as they do)

Binoculars, whats wrong with them?
Flashbangs, server option, as a bonus, Smoke grnades too ("Go to plau CS")

i think some of u knwo what i mean, every thread in suggestions goes after a while to that "Soldat = Simple" "no, just no!" postings... that ruins Soldat... Disagree me if u want, i just said what I wanted you to know..

LazehBoi
October 3, 2004, 4:20 pm
Some suggestions are actually good, it's just the newbies that suggest the same crap over and over again. If you were flamed about your suggestion, it was for a reason, if your thread was locked, it was for a reason. If you really want answers to those...
Binoculars: Pointless.
Flashbangs: "Look what happens when I throw three of these at once!"
Smoke grenades only promote camping. Imagine campers behind scenery, under three heavy smoke grenades he or his team whored.

Good suggestion: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=16100

Bad suggestion: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=16045

Also notice the difference between posts counts at the present.

karmazonpl
October 3, 2004, 4:50 pm
Heh everyone is arguing about the suggestions now...

[IMAGE]

Woohoo I threw a smoke granade, no one can see anything....
Usually people that play other multiplayer games a lot, post stupid suggestions, that they take from games they play*cough*CS*cough*

DeMonIc
October 3, 2004, 5:20 pm
Look, I don't want to spoil anything for you, but the suggestions that are qualified "NO" or "Soldat=Simple" are buried because, if you think of it for a while, we are right.As stated above, some things would simply not fit in, because soldat is a simple, fast paced 2-d shooter.Binoclourars would simply encourage camping aswell imho, and why do you want to scout around when you can go blow some guts?The smoke grenades and flashbangs would be abused as hell, your eyes would burn out from the constant banging,(well..couldn't find better word :P) and your PC would die of lag caused by those 176 smoke grenades on the middle of inf_warehouse.
Furthermore, Soldat improves slowly, version from version: but there are problems that need to be fixed first, and there are more important things than making a whole new weapon menu.
So I think, this thread will be locked soon, for another similiar thread by DT was locked aswell.

Oh and remember:
IT'S ALWAYS BETTER TO POST IN AN EXISTING THREAD THAN TO MAKE A NEW ONE

yay my suggestion is referred as good ^_^

Alamo
October 3, 2004, 5:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by -Claw-
[...]"Soldat = Simple"[...]

lol! That's me :)

BManx2000
October 3, 2004, 8:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc

IT'S ALWAYS BETTER TO POST IN AN EXISTING THREAD THAN TO MAKE A NEW ONE

But then people call you a thread necromancer and flame you for bringing back old topics :[

Also, I still support the implementation of binoculars, although with the weapon editor it might be possible...

-Claw-
October 3, 2004, 8:18 pm
im not only meaning quality of post/suggestions, also that when someone say that is sucks, usually there isn't anyone who doesn't agree that :|
but as i said, Smoke grenades, Binoculars etc.. Server option.. now, how many ppl like berserk or predator mode? no one, only n00bs.. maybe Smoke Grenades or binoculars can give some good feelings insted of getting pwned of 2yrs played 1337... or some options are only available in dm or ctf..

and also, (this goes suggesting :/ Binoculars cant be used with barrett, hos do u keep barrett and binoculars at the same time, both with 1 hand, aiming with barrett? impossible, max 1 smoke grenade, 1 flashbang, (depending on team of player: medic, sniper, as suggested in other of those good suggestions) and of course it isn't good thing if Soldat is full of crap, yeah, it should be simple, but almos all simpe things are on it, balancing is only way to improve it (or add some rare, good things into it, i dont want that it is like Quake, running with railgun(barrett/other new 1 shot/kill gun in Soldat), faster one kills slower one..)

LazehBoi
October 4, 2004, 4:08 am
I wouldn't throw statistics out of your behind just to make up facts, I like beserk and predator mode... Especially beserk ^^

That class thing was a bad suggestion, it was locked ;) I can't really see flashbangs fitting into a 2D game... Smoke grenades would just promote camping and make lag, which is kinda bad enough already. :(
I see your ideas, but proved no argument back that I see necessary. :/
Oh well, this is my opinion, I guess you can suggest what you want, but it's better if you use the search function first... =/

DT
October 4, 2004, 4:22 am
they just don't get implanted... some are good... but not good enough...

Element_101
October 4, 2004, 10:19 am
Michal is just one guy he cant do every thing, keep this in mind.

Urhos
October 4, 2004, 10:24 am
Good Suggestion:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=17379

Kazuki
October 4, 2004, 1:13 pm
What are you talking about? There are many great suggestions. Here, even though this isn't complete, I'd like you to visit this thread:

All Suggestions (Incomplete)

Scroll down the list and watch for suggestions with five stars. When you find them, read the description to get an idea of what they're about.

KiLLBoT
October 4, 2004, 2:34 pm
I don't really see how smoke grenades could work in a 2d game... You can see what's on the other side of them, so you'd know if someone was about to run through it. The only thing it could conceal is a camper =l

DeMonIc
October 4, 2004, 3:12 pm
Urhos, since you got some respect around here, I'm not gonna flame you(much), but making a stupid idea was a bad thing, and referring to it, even if you were sarcastic, was another mistake.
If that suggestion was shear sarcasm, it's just stupid, and sarcastive spam imho, if you were serious...well, you should be locked away for a while.
Anyway, back on topic :F

DT
October 4, 2004, 3:19 pm
smoke = lag (sometimes)

lieroguy
October 4, 2004, 3:24 pm
That's right... they could make a "lag grenade"! If the enemy is cought in the blast radius, they lag like a mofo for 15 seconds! Wouldn't that be awesome? Heh heh. :P

Urhos
October 4, 2004, 4:31 pm
I has no respect here (i hope) :O
And Bunneh Ears would attract more bunneh lovers to soldat >Q

Deleted User
October 4, 2004, 5:20 pm
Anyways how could someone camp a smoke grenade? Everyone would shoot at the smoke as they do for some sceneries. Now stop posting ideas from CS... now, how 'bout you try posting a feature from Soldat into the CS Suggestion forums..? Good luck man..